Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:53:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  (multi function) printer,brands recommendations?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: (multi function) printer,brands recommendations?  (Read 1890 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: August 04, 2017, 02:20:13 pm »

What printer brands do you like the best?

Brands/models you hate?

My Canon MG5320,seems to be on it's last legs as a printer.(Scanner works great, I've not had any real issues with it.).I went to print a copy of an order to get reimbursed from my landlord,and it was essentially blue.After running lots of print cleaning,I never really got a good print pattern.I'm about 50/50 on my usage of the scanner,and printer.I'll print a label,receipt,or a bunch of stuff for work,turn it off,a month or so later do it again.I scan a lot of receipts,product manuals,and product tags of stuff I buy so I know exactly what model,etc I own.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 02:38:41 pm »

I am most familiar with Brother, but I also use Canon.

I find that printers, specifically when wireless or networked, are a very imperfect technology.  Nothing ever seems to work just right.

I drink your milkshake!
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 04:04:54 pm »

I like Canon and Brother. I've always leaned more towards any brand that allowed for individual cartridges as opposed to those all-colors-in-one cartridge.

Can't say more than that since I've gone almost 100% digital.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 04:18:09 pm »

^That's the key for me individual tanks,tri color cartridges suck. Cheesy

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 04:38:29 pm »

I recently got rid of a color inkjet and went back to a B&W laser printer.  I rarely printed in color anyway, and the inkjets go through more ink in cleaning cycles than what I actually use.

Here's the (multi-function) model I have.  It's pretty well-reviewed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFG58N6/

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 04:55:17 pm »

I'm not sure what size and price range you are looking to consider but I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 and like it a lot. It is speedy, has good quality and can print double sided documents without turning the page. I doubt this is what you are looking for though as it is more for home/small offices. I don't know about HP's personal printing side but their home office stuff is pretty good.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 07:06:56 pm »

I don't use color anymore, just  B&W; I never printed much color and when I did it seemed to be dried out so it became a big waste.  I've had a Canon MF4360 laser printer/fax/scanner/copier for years and have been pretty happy with it.  I only use the printer/copier functions (I have a stand alone scanner), but this machine has a doc feeder that works pretty good when I use it for copying.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 01:21:18 pm »

Phish yours is currently discontinued,but I saw someone post on the slickdeal forum, a seller was selling that one for $71!

I spent an hour or so researching the laser printer spider bought.

Space footprint,more than cost is driving this (I'm not going to spend ungodly amount for a professional photo printer $300+) I've looked at some of the eco tanks models,but worry about them drying out,before I'd use it all.

Thank you for the recommendations,and the things you use...

Update-I essentially bought an updated version of what I have I went with the Canon TS6020. I was reading it had Horrible reviews,but almost all of those were for Wifi issues (I'm going to run it with USB,so It's hard to overvalue wifi issues).

The added bonus,it uses the exact same ink I currently have.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:30:48 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 05:43:33 pm »

I ditched my umpteenth ink printer six months ago and have never looked back. Color laser is the way to go. Unless you use real photo-paper, the color lasers are pretty close is image quality. And with text quality it isn't even close.

There do seem to be fewer inexpensive multipurpose color lasers (i.e. with scanners), but I've found that I don't actually scan anything much and that an app I found for my phone worked way better than expected for the usual "business / bank" scanning. You just snap a pic of the page from some random angle and it identifies the orientation and rescales everything perfectly (and trims the edges). The difference between that and a real scanned document was mostly an issue of getting the lighting right with the phone (force enable flash worked well, but a brightly lit room was better).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray