Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:25:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Boynton Beach Bowling League
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Boynton Beach Bowling League  (Read 1542 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: August 04, 2017, 04:03:53 pm »

I know not everyone on here is a local, but if you are within driving distance, I'm testing out a bowling league in Boynton Beach. I know, totally different from Kickball, but you still get to play with balls.. ba dum!

Anyway, its every Tues night at 7p for 6 weeks. Get food and drink deals, fun games (3 per night). We start Sept 5th.

www.kickball.com/flboyntonbeachbowling

P.S. - Working on a deal for a basketball league. More info on that coming soon.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:32 pm »

Wow only 6 weeks.  I've bowled off and on for 30 years and the leagues up north last 32 weeks, which is a long drag towards the end.  I think we have our existing league is 28 weeks which is a little better, but we used to be 24 weeks which was really good.
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 10:39:35 am »

This is the first one in this area for us so we're just testing interest. If successful it will go longer. Our other sports (kickball, dodgeball, ult. frisbee, flag football, volleyball) are usually 8 games min.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:54:54 pm »

Good luck with the league VidKid.  I clicked on the link and the only thing I see as a detriment would be the 6 person teams.  With 6 people per team the bowling would go pretty slow, so with a start time of 7 pm it would easily go until after 10 pm, especially if you don't have bowlers that are getting lots of strikes, which I would assume your not since it's a handicap league.  If you somehow have the two teams bowling each other (12 people) spread out over four lanes then it wouldn't be bad, but if on just two lanes then plan on doing lots of drinking and socializing.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 02:16:22 pm »

so with a start time of 7 pm it would easily go until after 10 pm,

In one of my pool leagues I often don't even play my first game until after 10 (with a start time of 7:30) but then again I'm usually one of the last to play.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 02:59:15 pm »

I know not everyone on here is a local, but if you are within driving distance, I'm testing out a bowling league in Boynton Beach. I know, totally different from Kickball, but you still get to play with balls.. ba dum!

I wish I could do this, but I just don't have time to spare...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:22:14 pm »

In one of my pool leagues I often don't even play my first game until after 10 (with a start time of 7:30) but then again I'm usually one of the last to play.

Yeah I guess that's my "maturity" showing.  Twenty-five years ago we would get done bowling at 12:30 am, go back out to the bars til 2am, and be able to be at work by 8 am.  Now if I stay out that late I either call in sick, or show up at noon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray