Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:53:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jay Cutler agrees to sign with Dolphins (according to 2 sources)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Jay Cutler agrees to sign with Dolphins (according to 2 sources)  (Read 3228 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 08:14:24 am »

The team did Ryan so wrong throughout the years with constant offensive switches and bad head coaching and horrific O-Line play that I feel if we let him go and he goes to a competent franchise then he will do great.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 09:33:22 am »

My 49ers need a QB...and have plenty of tradeable draft assets (and some young studly D-linemen) we could give up for Tannehill.

Let's talk...   Evil

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 09:43:47 am »

The team did Ryan so wrong throughout the years with constant offensive switches and bad head coaching and horrific O-Line play that I feel if we let him go and he goes to a competent franchise then he will do great.

And that could very well be true, but the alternative is to keep him and pay him an amount of money that keeps the team from improving elsewhere on the roster under the cap, with no guarantee that he'll play any better than he has already.

If he plays no better than he has already, and the team can't improve elsewhere on the roster due in part to salary cap restrictions imposed by Tannehill's salary cap hit, it'll be highly unlikely that the team can compete for a Super Bowl.

The article I linked earlier in this thread does a good job of illustrating Tannehill's effect on the team's salary cap.

Also consider that you're implicitly stating here that Tannehill is dependent on high(er)-quality surroundings for a high level of play on his part, whereas there are quarterbacks in the league who have the capacity to surmount poorer play around them, and who one could argue better deserve the kind of salary that prohibits the acquisition of talent elsewhere on the roster.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 12:03:21 pm »

Only interesting if you have some sick anti-Tannehill bias you can't let go of and you find someone else on planet earth who may agree with you.

Tannehill is not playing this season. No need to derail every thread like you always do by bringing him up.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 12:06:19 pm »

The article I linked earlier in this thread does a good job of illustrating Tannehill's effect on the team's salary cap.

EVERY decent QB has a negative effect on the teams salary cap. they are 99.9% of the time the highest paid player on the team. You make it like Tannehill is making some outrageous salary. He isn't.  He has an average contract for a QB on his level.

How did you take a thread about Jay Cutler and turn it into a Tannehill debate?! Jesus christ you are a one-trick pony. Every post in every thread you just attack Tannehill. It's old and played out.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 12:58:59 pm »

I'm not so much referring to the quality of players on the field more so as the quality of coaches who hurt his development. He might be a lost cause, he might not be. I am not opposed to letting him go and making Cutler the bridge while we use a 1st rounder on a new guy, but it has to be a "can't miss" guy. No 2nd round projects.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 01:28:15 pm »

There is no such thing as can't miss when talking QBs. Unless you have a top pick (which Miami will not) and many times even then, every QB in the draft really is a project guy.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 01:32:55 pm »

There is no such thing as can't miss when talking QBs. Unless you have a top pick (which Miami will not) and many times even then, every QB in the draft really is a project guy.

50% of first-round QBs are busts.  It's a coin flip, even in the first round.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 03:18:35 pm »

I know, that's why I put it in quotation marks. At the very least, I want to draft a QB that it would be surprising if he was a bust, not a Goff or Sanchez where everyone knew what would happen except the teams drafting them.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 12:04:04 pm »

This is the sort of play from the other night that would've resulted in a sack during the Ryan Tannehill era in my opinion:

https://youtu.be/cnb-b2-galc

And it would've been one of the "quick sacks" we've debated here, that have been attributed to the offensive line and not to the quarterback.

oh for crying out loud you really found a way to make this thread an anti-Tannehill thread by totally making up an imaginary play where you (and only you) think Tannehill would have gotten sacked if he played.

He's out for the year, no need to rip him in every thread and every post. Move on. Get a new act its tired and old. You hate Tannehill, we get it. He isn't playing this year no need to talk about him non-stop like you always do. You are now at the point where you are in your head making up plays where Tannehill gets sacked or does something bad...WHEN HE ISN'T EVEN PLAYING? That's sick man. That is really sick.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 07:47:40 pm »

This is the sort of play from the other night that would've resulted in a sack during the Ryan Tannehill era in my opinion:

https://youtu.be/cnb-b2-galc

And it would've been one of the "quick sacks" we've debated here, that have been attributed to the offensive line and not to the quarterback.
I really hate your anti Thill bullshit, but you have a little ground to stand on here.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 11:19:10 am »

Off topic posts deleted. thread locked.  If future threads are derailed by off topic rants about players on IR or esoteric statistics said offender will be banned.

Thank you,

The Management

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray