Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:19:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What are you watching? August 2017
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are you watching? August 2017  (Read 1678 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 07, 2017, 12:08:14 pm »

New TV:
I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I love Love LOVE CNN's original programming, namely "The Nineties" (or 80s, 70s, 60s) and "The History of Comedy".  It's really top notch stuff, super interesting, and I learn a lot about stuff I lived through, but now with the lens of history.  Very cool.

I also started watching a show on Netflix called Ozark.  It's incredibly intense.  I watched one episode and I can't stop thinking about it.  It's got a Breaking Bad quality of a family man living in a crazy, dangerous drug world.

Movie-wise, I've watched a ton.  I'm going to do a recap in 2 weeks.  Over the last year, I've watched 85 new movies.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 12:46:10 pm »

I'm also watching Ozark. I'm up to episode 4.

Other shows include Game of Thrones & Preacher.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 01:23:31 pm »

I keep seeing lots of stuff on Ozark,err it's supposed to be based at lake of the ozarks (just north of me in Mid Missouri),though it's shot in Georgia.I don't have netflix,so...anyways..

Cubs Baseball

I've recently finished Downton Abbey.
I tried to watch Boardwalk Empire,got 4 episodes in,and was bored with it...
I've just got into Season 3 of Newsroom

I really like Newsroom...

No clue where I'm going next....

- Current Live T.V.- Nothing can't miss,Faceoff this season sucked, and I stopped watching 3-4 episodes in.
I did watch "Live P.D. rewind" (2 weeks ago?,I thought it was interesting, though I was pretty bored.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 02:11:26 pm »

I don't know if I've said this yet, B, but Face-Off this season lacked, because of the team concept.  It inhibited creativity because everything had to fit in with everything else and it created an environment where the contestants were battling against each other, so they were way less supportive.

They are moving to individual challenges this week, so I think it will get better again.  There are some very talented artists this year, so you might want to give it another go from this point on.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 03:20:44 pm »

I like the new sci-fi show, Midnight, Texas. Just started watching, and there's enough meat on that bone that I expect I'll gnaw on this show for a little bit.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 09:29:14 am »

Rick and Morty season 3 (finally)

Other than that, summer tv is non existent. That, and Rocket League is consuming much of my time.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 11:17:48 am »

I thought that the Pickle Rick episode was pretty epic.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 01:56:25 pm »

Rick and Morty season 3 (finally)

Other than that, summer tv is non existent. That, and Rocket League is consuming much of my time.
I played for the first time in a while last night.  The latest update is awesome, makes the game play so much better.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 03:54:56 pm »

defenders is coming up on netflix ..in a couple of weeks .. i'm looking forward to that.

I've been watching the west wing. I'm on season 5.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 05:08:19 pm »

defenders is coming up on netflix ..in a couple of weeks .. i'm looking forward to that.

I've been watching the west wing. I'm on season 5.

I figured it had to be soon.

After recently watching the West Wing, I felt like a different show around season 6.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 09:07:18 pm »

I played for the first time in a while last night.  The latest update is awesome, makes the game play so much better.

Game just keeps getting better, devs are really taking care of it and keeping it fresh. The new goal explosions are pretty sweet. Good stuff.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray