Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:43:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jarvis Landry Investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jarvis Landry Investigation  (Read 2020 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: August 07, 2017, 03:17:53 pm »

From a domestic incident involving his girlfriend earlier this year.  Not sure there is anything to it, but it's a news item now, so I guess we'll know more soon.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20274495/jarvis-landry-miami-dolphins-investigation-battery

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:36:32 pm »

I call bullshit.  For what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/894624995082510336

From what I read at the end of last week on Twitter it seems as though his girlfriend, Estrella Cerqueira's family is one pursuing this and not herself.

I think the media likes to fock with the Dolphins and their fans

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 04:35:44 pm »

^^^ Always a possibility...but it's hit the news cycle, so felt it was worth posting here.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:02:32 pm »

^^^ Always a possibility...but it's hit the news cycle, so felt it was worth posting here.

Oh, I'm not discounting you posting the news, I hope you didn't take it that way.   I saw it last Friday on Twitter, linked to some obscure celebrity news posting.  Some saying it was credible, while others thought there was more to story.

From the looks of it, I'm glad there seems to be nothing wrong on Landry's part.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 10:55:44 am »

A little more news on this, the NFL is still investigating and apparently there is some sort of video of the incident.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 11:23:38 am »

A little more news on this, the NFL is still investigating and apparently there is some sort of video of the incident.
the only problem is the same people saying that are the same ones saying Miami was shopping Landry ... which Gase completely destroyed. I may be true but until a more reputable source comes forward I don't think there is any reason to worry.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 11:51:51 am »

^^^ Gase also tried to discredit the Tannehill reports after practice but was just trying to save face in front of the press. You can't necessarily believe him on something like that. Also, the reports were the Dolphins were open to listening to trade offers. I don't doubt that for one second. What harm is there is listening to an offer, absolutely none. What harm is there in not listening to an offer, maybe none but maybe it could damage a team for many upcoming seasons. No one would ever know unless they listened.

The investigation is happening (both by law enforcement and the NFL) and there is apparently a video. What the video shows and what comes from it we will have to wait on but there clearly was an incident of some sort and it clearly is being looked at.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:17:24 pm by Phishfan » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 04:30:07 pm »

the only problem is the same people saying that are the same ones saying Miami was shopping Landry ... which Gase completely destroyed. I may be true but until a more reputable source comes forward I don't think there is any reason to worry.

Right....because whenever a coach is shopping a player they are always fully forthcoming.  Seriously?  We have all heard multiple coaches deny they are in trade talks an hour before announcing a trade.  Gase and every other coach is going to deny shopping a player until the moment they trade them.  Also every coach is 100% befind the player, until the moment they cut him.  Gase is no different

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 08:44:47 pm »

Right....because whenever a coach is shopping a player they are always fully forthcoming.  Seriously?  We have all heard multiple coaches deny they are in trade talks an hour before announcing a trade.  Gase and every other coach is going to deny shopping a player until the moment they trade them.  Also every coach is 100% befind the player, until the moment they cut him.  Gase is no different
The difference is Gase knows that Landry is 10 times more valuable to the Dolphins than he is to any other team. Ok, we are listening, you want to trade Tom Brady and Gronkowski for Landry? Ok we'll listen to that. Anything less. Forget it. It ain't happening. Everyone thinks that a guy in his last year of his contract is owed another contract. I got news for you, you're not. Miami will pay him...next year. He's not going anywhere.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 02:51:01 pm »

I hope Pappy is correct, but my feeling is that Landry will be traded before this season is over.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 04:00:05 am »

I hope Pappy is correct, but my feeling is that Landry will be traded before this season is over.
Not a chance. Everyone relax. He's gonna get paid, he's just gonna get paid next year. Gase has already talked to Landry and Landry is handling it well. There's nothing to worry about, it's all just a lot of talk.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 08:32:33 am »

Not a chance. Everyone relax. He's gonna get paid, he's just gonna get paid next year. Gase has already talked to Landry and Landry is handling it well. There's nothing to worry about, it's all just a lot of talk.

He's gonna get paid with what money?  Last I checked, the Dolphins have less than $5 million in cap space next year. 

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 09:29:15 am »

He's gonna get paid with what money?  Last I checked, the Dolphins have less than $5 million in cap space next year. 

Miami has an out with Maxwell that clears up 9 mil after this year in cap space. If they cut Pouncey after this year that clears up in the ballpark of the same. Plus with Cutler gone (most likey) that's another $10 mill right there opened up.

Miami has money next March to spend
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 09:04:29 am »

There's always money you just have to get creative.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray