Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Leonard Fournette calls the NFL slow?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Leonard Fournette calls the NFL slow?  (Read 1292 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 11, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »

So, after Fournette made his debut last night he made the quote, "It's a lot slower than I really thought," Fournette told NFL.com. "That's how I've been since I first got into the NFL. A lot of people were like, 'It's going to be fast.' But by me playing in the SEC, that kind of helped me a lot. ...I think, to me, it was really easy."

Now I like a little optimism but Fournette sure didn't have the stats for a rookie to make such a statement. He had 31 yards on 9 carries with a 1 yard TD. That is a whopping 3.4 YPC. If I am a Jags coach or defensive player in the league Fournette would be going on notice that he needs to actually show something in the NFL before he starts calling it easy.

Thoughts?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »

Not to mention it was probably against the second or third string defense.  Keep it up Leo.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:45:51 pm »

Not to mention it was probably against the second or third string defense.  Keep it up Leo.

Exactly.   He's going against guys who will be sitting on the couch with us watching the games come September

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:08:25 pm »

So, after Fournette made his debut last night he made the quote, "It's a lot slower than I really thought," Fournette told NFL.com. "That's how I've been since I first got into the NFL. A lot of people were like, 'It's going to be fast.' But by me playing in the SEC, that kind of helped me a lot. ...I think, to me, it was really easy."

Now I like a little optimism but Fournette sure didn't have the stats for a rookie to make such a statement. He had 31 yards on 9 carries with a 1 yard TD. That is a whopping 3.4 YPC. If I am a Jags coach or defensive player in the league Fournette would be going on notice that he needs to actually show something in the NFL before he starts calling it easy.

Thoughts?
it's preseason wait till the regular season starts

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 09:56:00 am »

Rookies should keep their ears open and their mouths shut.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:12:35 pm »

He had 31 yards on 9 carries with a 1 yard TD. That is a whopping 3.4 YPC.

These are pretty good numbers, I think, especially if you don't count the 1 yard TD, since you can't really run more than the 1 yard they give you.  30 yards on 8 carries is 3.75 yards a carry.  That's totally respectable in the NFL, especially in a debut.

I don't think you want your rookie saying things that opponents are going to put on the bulletin board next week, but overall, a good performance.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 03:17:15 pm »

I don't think you want your rookie saying things that opponents are going to put on the bulletin board next week, but overall, a good performance.

I watched him play and would say the same exact thing. He definitely didn't look overwhelmed out there. Nice debut.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 11:16:43 am »

30 yards on 8 carries is 3.75 yards a carry. 

If Ajayi averages this we will be complaining and you know it. 3.75 is a terrible average.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray