Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Zeke Elliott suspended 6 games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Zeke Elliott suspended 6 games  (Read 5195 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 11, 2017, 01:43:00 pm »

Last year somewhere in the middle of the first round I selected Zeke with my first fantasy pick. This year I wouldn't even dream of it (even before the suspension).

Without any charges being brought up the NFL has handed down a six game suspension and Elliiott is sure to appeal. I personally think it is going to be reduced but I don't have a clue on what it will end up being. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:50:04 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:00:57 pm »

Couldn't happen to a nicer organization... Wink

Zeke is a freak on the field, but an immature punk off it. I could be wrong, but I don't think he is the type that will change easily.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:16:16 pm »

This is an organizational problem with the Cowboys, as much as it is a problem with Zeke.  But hey it's good they immediately dumped that guy that shoplifted $20 worth of items.  Roll Eyes
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:47:03 pm »

Zeke's lawyers and the NFL PA are gonna have a field day with this one.   Suspended for something he wasn't charged with??  Give me a break

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 05:25:15 pm »

^^^  Don't have to be charged with a criminal action to be suspended.  More of a civil court level where there just has to be a preponderance of evidence.  There's no denying he pulled that women's shirt down at the parade, it's on tape.  Granted this will be bargained down to two games once it goes before the arbiter.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 06:07:34 pm »

Zeke's lawyers and the NFL PA are gonna have a field day with this one.   Suspended for something he wasn't charged with??  Give me a break

Big Ben was. Suspended for 6 games he was never charged with a crime
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »

This was what was being said prior to the craziness of the Bills trades,started rolling in,as the it was breaking.

@RapSheet: #Cowboys RB Zeke Elliott is suspended 6 games for a violation of the @NFL personal conduct policy. He has 3 days to appeal.

@RapSheet: In a letter to Elliott, NFL exec Todd Jones said there was “substantial and persuasive evidence” to show multiple incidents of violence.

Personally, They could suspend the entire Cowboys team for the season,for all I care.... Cheesy Yep, I effin hate the Cowboys,and everything about them....

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 09:04:37 pm »

In a court of law you are innocent until proven guilty. No such luck with the NFL

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 01:22:07 pm »

Tom Brady was never even accused of a crime let alone charged.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 10:56:51 pm »

Sean Payton was suspended for a season and he never broke the law.  Neither did Dion Jordan.

Let's not pretend that the only reason to ever suspend someone is criminal activity.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 08:04:17 am »

I'm not defending Zeke here but some of you guys are making comparisons that are way off base. Of course there are football related reasons for a suspension but Zeke was suspended for allegedly committing a crime without law enforcement charging him. Surely you can differentiate between that and having a suspension for conduct directly related to the field of play.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 11:54:25 pm »

Ben Roethlisberger was suspended in a similar manner.  Ray Rice was suspended even though the charges were dropped.

Like it or not, the league office has willingly put themselves in the position of arbiter of morality.  The moment they decided to suspend Ben even though no charges were brought, they opened this door.  Now the league is no longer able to use law enforcement or the DA's office as a shield, and every incident in which they do not take action will be implicit endorsement.

It was dumb of them to head down this path, but they are already down it.  The only way to unring this bell is for the (pathetically weak) NFL players' union to negotiate the next CBA to require a conviction for the league to hand down suspensions for issues unrelated to competition.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:58:55 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 06:00:23 am »

I'm not defending Zeke here but some of you guys are making comparisons that are way off base. Of course there are football related reasons for a suspension but Zeke was suspended for allegedly committing a crime without law enforcement charging him. Surely you can differentiate between that and having a suspension for conduct directly related to the field of play.

as I stated before, talk to Big Ben
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 10:19:09 am »

as I stated before, talk to Big Ben

That is why I said some of you  guys and not all of you guys, you obviously were in a different grouping.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 12:15:35 am »

Just because law enforcement didn't charge Zeke with a crime doesn't mean they didn't think he committed a crime. It means they didn't think they could convict him of a crime based on the evidence they had. The NFL has a lot more resources then the Columbus police department. The NFL found out stuff the Columbus PD didn't and like I said, they don't have any burden of proof. Honestly I really don't know why you are defending Zeke (you are even if you say you aren't). His morals have been in question since he was in college and nothing has changed. I certainly don't know if he beat up his girl friend, but that's what she accused him of and he's done enough shady stuff that he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from most people. Most in Dallas are already coming to the realization that he is a bad apple. They're not ready to throw him out yet, but they realize that day will come. Below is a laudry list of Zeke's transgressions and these are all within the last 1 to 2 years.

1) Excessive drinking and partying.
2) Hitting his girlfriend on multiple occasions.
3) Exposing another girlfriend's breast in public.
4) Walking into an establishment that sold marijuana.
5) Ticketed for speeding in excess of 100 MPH.
6) Punched a DJ in the face in a bar.

That's more trouble than most players get into in a career let alone their rookie season.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:28:22 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray