Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Zeke Elliott suspended 6 games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Zeke Elliott suspended 6 games  (Read 5196 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 11:06:15 am »

Honestly I really don't know why you are defending Zeke (you are even if you say you aren't).

Because I'm not. I'm defending people attacking Buccaneer's statement with unrelated examples. If you can't see that difference, you are inferring something I did not mean to imply (and explicitly said I was not doing).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:27:23 am by Phishfan » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 12:53:48 pm »

Because I'm not. I'm defending people attacking Buccaneer's statement with unrelated examples. If you can't see that difference, you are inferring something I did not mean to imply (and explicitly said I was not doing).
You're exact quote was "Of course there are football related reasons for a suspension but Zeke was suspended for allegedly committing a crime without law enforcement charging him."

How is that not defending him?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 04:56:59 pm »

You're exact quote was "Of course there are football related reasons for a suspension but Zeke was suspended for allegedly committing a crime without law enforcement charging him."

How is that not defending him?

Because I said it is not. You are just being argumentative now. I said twice I am not defending him (he should be suspended based on what I think has happened and on NFL history). If that is not enough for you then the problem is on you and not me. At this point I think it might be a little ridiculous to continue with you because you cannot comprehend when I explicitly explained once (and stated twice) that I am not defending Zeke. But I will continue and spell it out even more in case it can get through after three attempts.  BuccaneerBrad made a statement about a suspension not being NFL game play related but lawfully related (not his exact words but definitely implied and understood given the topic at hand) and a few responses came back regarding NFL game play related suspensions. I was simply pointing out that those comparisons are not comparable (the Roethlisberger one is). I hope you can understand at this point the difference between defending a member's position (whether I agree or not) and defending an action that was the topic of the thread.

If you can't understand that, I can't make it any clearer and will redirect your complaints about the subject to Buccaneer because it is actually his position and not mine.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 09:58:47 am »

Looks like Zekes camp and the NFLPA just fired a salvo.  They've filed suit against the NFL

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 04:04:19 am »

Looks like Zekes camp and the NFLPA just fired a salvo.  They've filed suit against the NFL
That's just insurance policy in case they don't drop the suspension. If they lower it to 2 games or something he'll probably drop the lawsuit and take his 2 games. If they keep the 6 games in place they just tie it up in courts so he doesn't have to lose games this year. If it goes to court he has a good chance of winning. The NFL and Zeke both want this to just go away, the question is what's the right number of games for both sides to claim victory.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 04:23:44 pm »

Just as an update on this, the NFL's lead investigator had recommended that Zeke not be suspended due to inconsistencies in the alleged victim's statements (the same reason law enforcement didn't bring charges).  Goodell ignored her recommendation and suspended him anyway.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 08:35:01 am »

Just as an update on this, the NFL's lead investigator had recommended that Zeke not be suspended due to inconsistencies in the alleged victim's statements (the same reason law enforcement didn't bring charges).  Goodell ignored her recommendation and suspended him anyway.

He is a super villain. Ezekiel will take this to the Supreme Court if he has to, so the NFL should just bend the knee and offer a 1 game suspension.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 12:34:55 pm »

I'm sure Hoodie will agree with me, the NFL arbitrator upheld Zeke's suspension, but...he didn't issue it until after 4 pm, therefore the suspension won't start until week #2.  Which means Zeke will get to play week #1 against the Giants in a game anticipated to have high TV ratings.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 04:49:51 am »

I'm sure Hoodie will agree with me, the NFL arbitrator upheld Zeke's suspension, but...he didn't issue it until after 4 pm, therefore the suspension won't start until week #2.  Which means Zeke will get to play week #1 against the Giants in a game anticipated to have high TV ratings.

The arbitrator had asked the NFL, prior to the hearing last week, if they would agree to wait with implementing any suspension until week 2, apparently since he was not sure when he would actually issue the ruling. The NFL agreed to this, so the timing of the ruling did not matter at all.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839569/article/ezekiel-elliotts-6game-ban-upheld-will-play-vs-giants
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray