Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:05:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Well that answers that.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Well that answers that.....  (Read 3571 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 15, 2017, 08:47:08 am »

After Trump attacked the Mayor of London in the wake of the terrorist attacks I asked is there anyone the President won't attack or insult? Does the man have any limits?  He had already attacked a POW for getting captured and the parents of a dead soldier.  Along with political opponents and even supporters.  Long standing allies are not safe from his twitter storms.

Well I now have my answer, there is one group Trump will refrain from insulting and condemning.... white supremacist, Neonazis and the KKK.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 09:58:19 am »

I have been silent on it for a while.  So much of his behavior is completely indefensible that I don't even want to anger myself by getting in the weeds.  I'm just letting it happen and for his previous supporters to slowly fall off.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 10:13:04 am »

I saw someone on my facebook feed yesterday post an "obama didn't call out the militant black groups for the cop killings in dallas" as a false equivalency to trump and this nazi stuff.

It got me so riled up I spent 10 minutes writing a response, and then I just had to take a deep breath and let it go .. cause arguing with this level of purposeful ignorance is just bound to go nowhere. These people know what they're putting out is a bunch of horse shit and they don't care.  If i were to argue or write about every instance that grinds my gears, i would get nothing else done in life.

Demographics are going to have to win this one out. Old people will die and with them the republicans that subjected our country to this national tragedy in the white house. I'd take 10 Machiavellian manipulative hillary's over this one ignorant asshole lowest common denominator of a human being we have now.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 12:16:21 pm »

I have a related topic I wanted to discuss, but I think it should go in a different thread.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 12:17:52 pm »

I have a theory on why Trump won the election, but I don't think I can post it here.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 12:39:50 pm »

Looks like someone finally wrote something for Trump to say.

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, Neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,” Trump said.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 01:03:34 pm »

The white supremacists are already on to Trump's game.  Just like every other time, Trump refuses to distance himself, then later he Loudly Condemns the groups he was previously unwilling to repudiate.

It's the same exact thing he did with David Duke: "I don't know who that is, I'll have to look into it" followed by "Oh yeah, I totally denounce that guy."  The deplorables see this as a secret wink and a nod; he's really in their corner, but he has to maintain appearances, so after he lets them know how he really feels, he then offers up a smokescreen.  They are encouraged by it.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 05:47:32 pm »

I swear to the Lord above I really do not understand how you people are so blinded by hatred that you see everything as evil.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides."

How anyone can take that as a wink,wink is beyond me.  It was very obvious that "hatred and violence" came from more than just the White Supremacists. Ignoring that is outright admission that you are a bigot.  It really sucks that an innocent girl died that day but 30 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend and no one cares because it doesn't attack the white guy. I really just don't get it. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »

Problem is "many sides" in this context it is the equivalent of saying that the USA has no right to condemn Nazi Germany for Auschwitz, because US treatment of Japanese Americans was less than humane.  "Both sides" committed crimes against civilians.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 07:44:41 pm »

When literal Nazis are marching and the only way you can describe it is hate "on many sides," you have given up the moral high ground.

It's funny how I've never heard Trump (or any other Republican) talk about ISIS or Al Qaeda in the context of "violence on many sides."  I guess they aren't the preferred kind of terrorists.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 12:03:52 am »

I swear to the Lord above I really do not understand how you people are so blinded by hatred that you see everything as evil.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides."

How anyone can take that as a wink,wink is beyond me.  It was very obvious that "hatred and violence" came from more than just the White Supremacists. Ignoring that is outright admission that you are a bigot.  It really sucks that an innocent girl died that day but 30 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend and no one cares because it doesn't attack the white guy. I really just don't get it. 

I still wonder how you are this blind. I mean, you are so in denial that this president is the most divisive, hate filled, ignorant, idiot that has ever been in office. He can't say, when asked to his face, why he won't denounce Nazis and the KKK. That should be the easiest thing he could do in office, other than take his golf trips and turn on Fox and Friends. I just can't see how anyone can defend him.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 12:16:23 am »

I still wonder how you are this blind. I mean, you are so in denial that this president is the most divisive, hate filled, ignorant, idiot that has ever been in office. He can't say, when asked to his face, why he won't denounce Nazis and the KKK. That should be the easiest thing he could do in office, other than take his golf trips and turn on Fox and Friends. I just can't see how anyone can defend him.
I'm not blind. He's a freaking idiot with the things he says so you have to actually judge him on what he does. He is liable to say anything in the spur of the moment but yet everyone who does business with him says he is smart. He's done more with China in a few months than 8 years of the other guy so he does get things done.

If you think race relations etc. were better before Trump then you obviously aren't paying attention. Prior to Obama a black man could get elected because it wasn't an issue. Now all of a sudden everything deemed "white" is considered bad and you wonder why white trash comes out? Seriously ... they had pretty much gone by the wayside but started poking their heads out when "confederate" things were deemed offensive after one deranged white trash guy shoots up a church while Muslim terrorists couldn't even be called terrorists.  Prior to that we had one stupid little church (Westboro) out there offending people.

In case you haven't heard Trump was elected because everyone is sick of the pandering to whiny political correctness and it will only get worse. Pointing out how he says dumb things won't help people change that.

This country was built on people standing up for freedoms ... not on what offends them ... least we forget.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:17:57 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 12:27:18 am »

I have a question. What is the point of going to a Nazi rally to protest? I mean ... the anti protesters brought weapons too so it's really a rhetorical question.

Everyone knows Nazis are bad and everyone knows they don't care about the statue they were supposed protecting so to even engage them is to give them a forum they really do not deserve. Other than going out to fight them there is no logical reason. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 10:21:00 am »

This is one point CF and I can agree on. We've seen it over and over again, if you don't go to counter protest or don't have the news covering it like it is an actual newsworthy event then usually these things eventually turn up being pathetic showings of five people holding signs with no one to argue against. The most important thing you can do to support their agenda is to show up and counter protest because that creates a news cycle and helps their cause.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 10:38:36 am »

Everyone knows Nazis are bad
Assumes facts not in evidence.  There were hundreds of Nazis (or: people who were happy to march next to Nazis) holding torches the night before, and there are many people who are unwilling to unconditionally denounce them today after they murdered a woman.

This is one point CF and I can agree on. We've seen it over and over again, if you don't go to counter protest or don't have the news covering it like it is an actual newsworthy event then usually these things eventually turn up being pathetic showings of five people holding signs with no one to argue against. The most important thing you can do to support their agenda is to show up and counter protest because that creates a news cycle and helps their cause.
We are well past the point of "Just ignore them and they'll go away."  The actions of the President of the United States on this matter should have made that crystal clear.  When a candidate wins a presidential election by openly courting white nationalists, installs them in his circle of advisors, and refuses to clearly denounce them after they murder someone at a protest, treating them like a fringe group you can ignore is not on the table.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray