Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:41:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Nazis and the upper limit of free speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Nazis and the upper limit of free speech  (Read 20288 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 01:04:02 am »

Is it illegal? If not, then there is nothing to do.
Well, outside of outlawing it, you mean.  If we can outlaw guns in courtrooms and at polling places, we can also outlaw them at political rallies.

Of course, there's no way the NRA crowd would just allow politicians to outlaw guns at political rallies.  There will need to be a substantial body count - necessarily including several members of law enforcement - before politicians in this country will gain the courage to pass such a law.  So unfortunately, a lot of people are going to have to die before we can prevent armed Nazis from terrorizing people.

It would be great if we could just skip those unnecessary deaths and just implement a new law preventing them before they happen, but (as I imagine the replies to this post will make clear) there is a certain political contingent that believe arming people at political rallies is central to liberty.  So the only other way to avoid this senseless violence is... for the armed Nazis to be given free rein to terrorize and intimidate everyone else, which is an even worse "solution."

I mean, you guys have been saying for decades that armed people at political rallies is a perfectly safe practice and guns don't cause violence, they prevent it, right?  So as I said before, the time has come to put theory into practice.  If armed protesters can't have a vigorous political disagreement with armed Nazis without a massive bloodbath on both sides, maybe we should re-evaluate the underlying assumption that More Guns is the solution to a violence problem.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:59:58 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 08:49:53 am »

i thought the only way to stop bad guys with guns was for there to be good guys with guns around .. guns for everyone !
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 09:30:41 am »

i thought the only way to stop bad guys with guns was for there to be good guys with guns around .. guns for everyone !

My problem is that I don't "really" feel secure at a political rally unless I'm carrying a grenade launcher...and maybe a samurai sword.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2017, 12:11:19 pm »

The real brain teaser is: when the Nazis show up with guns and the leftists show up with guns, who are the good guys?  I mean, on one side you have a hateful band of morally bankrupt traitors who wake up every day thinking of new ways to destroy America and everything it stands for.  And on the other side, you have the Nazis, some of whom are "good people."

It's like an unsolvable riddle.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:18:34 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2017, 01:33:33 pm »

That was a good one.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 01:48:29 pm »

Well, outside of outlawing it, you mean.  If we can outlaw guns in courtrooms and at polling places, we can also outlaw them at political rallies.

Of course, there's no way the NRA crowd would just allow politicians to outlaw guns at political rallies.  There will need to be a substantial body count - necessarily including several members of law enforcement - before politicians in this country will gain the courage to pass such a law.  So unfortunately, a lot of people are going to have to die before we can prevent armed Nazis from terrorizing people.

It would be great if we could just skip those unnecessary deaths and just implement a new law preventing them before they happen, but (as I imagine the replies to this post will make clear) there is a certain political contingent that believe arming people at political rallies is central to liberty.  So the only other way to avoid this senseless violence is... for the armed Nazis to be given free rein to terrorize and intimidate everyone else, which is an even worse "solution."

I mean, you guys have been saying for decades that armed people at political rallies is a perfectly safe practice and guns don't cause violence, they prevent it, right?  So as I said before, the time has come to put theory into practice.  If armed protesters can't have a vigorous political disagreement with armed Nazis without a massive bloodbath on both sides, maybe we should re-evaluate the underlying assumption that More Guns is the solution to a violence problem.
As I said, let all the idiots exterminate each other. Maybe it's just me, but the last place I want go is a protest where there are people with guns whom I dislike and disagree with. Unless of course I wanted a violent confrontation. Anyone with any common sense doesn't put themselves into these situations.

Yeah, let's protest people exercising their right to lawfully protest. That sounds like something a child would do. Anyhow, like I said, have fun. I'll watch the show from a very very safe distance Wink

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 02:14:37 pm »

Yeah, let's protest people exercising their right to lawfully protest. That sounds like something a child would do.

Therein lies the proverbial rub...I don't think Nazis should have the right to exist, much less gather publicly to protest. And, lest the Nazis feel like I am discriminating solely against them, I really do hold the same beliefs for other forms of evil. For example:

If an organization of pedophiles wants to have a rally & preach about how bad-tickling kiddies is their God-given right... No dice.
If a social club of animal abusers wants to march down Main Street with signs that read "Punch a Pooch for Jesus"... Nope!
If a congregation of toxic waste dumpers want to pull up a soapbox on some local college campus and rail about how their right to poison the Earth is protected by the 17th-and-a-half ammendment... Sorry, I'm not having any of it.

Evil is evil and should be stopped. In an exceedingly gray world, this is one of the true black and white anchors.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 02:47:24 pm »

Therein lies the proverbial rub...I don't think Nazis should have the right to exist, much less gather publicly to protest. And, lest the Nazis feel like I am discriminating solely against them, I really do hold the same beliefs for other forms of evil. For example:

If an organization of pedophiles wants to have a rally & preach about how bad-tickling kiddies is their God-given right... No dice.
If a social club of animal abusers wants to march down Main Street with signs that read "Punch a Pooch for Jesus"... Nope!
If a congregation of toxic waste dumpers want to pull up a soapbox on some local college campus and rail about how their right to poison the Earth is protected by the 17th-and-a-half ammendment...
Unfortunatly for you, all those people have the right to do those things. You may want to consider a career in politics if you want to change those that.

Sorry, I'm not having any of it.

Evil is evil and should be stopped. In an exceedingly gray world, this is one of the true black and white anchors.
Oh, yes you are. You're having all of it, because there is nothing you can do to stop it. No offense, but you're a nobody. Just like me and everyone else posting on this board. Racists, kkk, toxic waste dumpers, pedophiles, animal abusers, and evil in general will always be here. Those things will be here until humans cease to exist. There is nothing anyone can do about it and it will never stop. You may want to focus on things in your life that you can control. Your other choice is to go load your guns and take them to rallies of the people you think "shouldn't exist". Either way good luck to you fine sir, you'll need it.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 03:31:28 pm »

I'm joining this guy's group. I Hate Hate Groups.

https://youtu.be/FLfswwNlXGc

https://www.facebook.com/Catfishcooley/videos/1929580870613409/

LOL I'm pretty sure I related to him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 03:31:55 pm »

Unfortunatly for you, all those people have the right to do those things.

Unfortunately for the country, and the human species, they have the right to do those things...for now.

You may want to focus on things in your life that you can control.

Until you reverse course and become part of the solution, rather than the problem (or the enabler of the problem), you may want to avoid advising others on what to do...just to limit the negative effect you're having on society.

~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »

Oh, yes you are. You're having all of it, because there is nothing you can do to stop it. No offense, but you're a nobody. Just like me and everyone else posting on this board. Racists, kkk, toxic waste dumpers, pedophiles, animal abusers, and evil in general will always be here. Those things will be here until humans cease to exist. There is nothing anyone can do about it and it will never stop. You may want to focus on things in your life that you can control.
I would have loved to hear this innovative perspective on how protesting at political rallies is A Useless Waste Of Time sometime around 2009-10.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 03:52:18 pm »

Unfortunately for the country, and the human species, they have the right to do those things...for now.
And will long after your grandchildren's children are dead, so it's a moot point.

Until you reverse course and become part of the solution, rather than the problem (or the enabler of the problem), you may want to avoid advising others on what to do...just to limit the negative effect you're having on society.
So now I'm the problem, because I choose to distance myself from two groups of retards that want to kill each other. That's a pretty unique and laughable perspective you have. I myself feel that people like you, who feel they have to pick a side according to partisan politics are the real problem. But I think we all know that. You just like to feel like you have control of something in life, when in reality you have very little control over anything. Anyhow, go fix the world and let us all know how it turns out for you, LMFAO...

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2017, 03:59:11 pm »

I would have loved to hear this innovative perspective on how protesting at political rallies is A Useless Waste Of Time sometime around 2009-10.
Great, you're back from arguing with your refrigerator? Who won?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2017, 04:28:15 pm »

Sick burn, dude.  You really put me in my place.

I find it intriguing that you are using such a passive voice when it comes to the issue of weapons at political rallies.  Aren't you, like, wildly in favor of that particular action freedom?  Or just not when leftists are doing it too?

Ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:32:06 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2017, 04:53:20 pm »

And will long after your grandchildren's children are dead, so it's a moot point.

You should let other folks borrow that infallible crystal ball you're caressing...though since there is zero chance of me having great grandchildren, perhaps your view of the future isn't quite as locked in as you think.

So now I'm the problem, because I choose to distance myself from two groups of retards that want to kill each other.

You're part of the problem because:

1) You don't recognize that evil is evil
2) You only seem to be distancing yourself from one of the groups

and a bonus one...

3) With your sample size being well over 1,000 posts on this board, I recognized you as part of the problem long-long before this thread ever got started. 

If we posted a poll asking the members of this site "Which TDMMC member is most likely to be a closet white supremacist?" You would be the prohibitive favorite.  If you don't recognize that, then your mirror is nowhere near as clear as that crystal ball you're using.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray