Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:56:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  When do you replace your phone? Do you stick with your brand?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: When do you replace your phone? Do you stick with your brand?  (Read 1972 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 17, 2017, 03:41:19 pm »

Do you upgrade on any particular basis, like with every 2nd release of a new product?  Do you wait until your phone dies or breaks?  Do you wait until it gets slow and sluggish?  Do you wait a time-limit for a contract to renew?

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:16:16 pm »

A few weeks ago I went fro my Blackberry Z10,to a Huawei Honor 8. (sapphire Blue)

My reason for the new phone...
I really loved my z10,when I ran the check to see if everything is working software (that runs through all the functions,touch here,hold the phone this way,etc) It said one of the tilt functions wasn't working.No big deal, then a few days later taking pictures,and noticed the camera colors on some of the flower pictures were really off.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:19:02 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 05:45:16 pm »

I don't have contracts so that is not a factor. I've been using my current phone for about four years and am typically use it until it starts to break down guy. I have been a Samsung guy and had considered the Note 7 (I am a phablet kind of guy) but we all know what happened there so I am waiting around and hoping my phone keeps chugging along while they build my confidence back in their new products.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 08:48:32 am »

my LG G3 broke after 3 years of pretty good service .. i went into the store to find a replacement .. i ended up with the LG G6 .. not because of brand loyalty .. but because the price / performance ratio was the best for what i was looking for.

the samsung was also in the running as was an htc phone
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 10:44:11 am »

I'm an iPhone guy, ever since I switched from a Palm Treo to the 3GS.  I am happy with their system.

I have never had a phone break, but after about 3 years, the phone starts acting like an old computer, and doesn't run the newest software very efficiently. When that happens, I usually jump ship.  And I usually buy a new phone at the phone's launch.  So, if my phone starts getting choppy in March, I'll hold out until September when the new phone drops.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 11:36:36 am »

I'm not a big phone guy, I use mine to make and receive calls, occasional texts, and occasionally check email.  Rarely will I use it for any internet related activity or apps.  I've never broken a phone and don't do contracts, so for me it's when things slow down and don't work, like an old computer - which is about every three years or so.  I just buy a phone outright (usually in the $100 - $150 range), and then since I don't use my phone much I end up paying about $7/mo. through Tracfone.  I'm not big on brand loyalty, my current and last phone were/are Alcatel's and I've been happy with them.  Although a friend says I should switch to an iphone, then I wouldn't have some of the issues I have with android os's.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 12:53:24 pm »

I'm an iPhone guy as well.  I find they really hold up.  I had my 4 *forever,* jumping to a 6.  Same with the 6.  My 6 is still a rock star; the only reason I went 7+ was for the screen and camera.  My daugher uses the 6 and enjoys it; after all these years it operates without flaw.  I still use my 4 for music, it's fine. The thing w/Apple products, for me, is they are so well put together the evolutions would need to hook me in order to be the sole driving factor.  I've never jumped one to the next due to work-ability issues. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 02:29:58 pm »

I can actually name all of the phones I've ever bought (my very first cellphone I received as a gift, but I quickly bought a replacement).

2001: Samsung Uproar (the first cellphone with MP3 playback capability ever, with a whopping 64MB of storage)
2004: Motorola V710
2007: HTC Mogul (Windows Mobile 6.0)
2011: HTC Evo Shift (Android Gingerbread)
2017: LG Nexus 5X (Android Marshmallow)

As you can see, I am not a frequent phone upgrader.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 05:23:13 pm »

Nokia - Circa 2000
Motorola flipphone - Circa 2002
Palm Treo 650 - Circa 2005 (given to me by work)
Palm Treo 750 - 2007 (this was a warranty thing -- I didn't have to go buy a new phone)
iPhone 3Gs - 2009
iPhone 4S - 2011
iPhone 6S - 2015

I drink your milkshake!
dolanroi

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 05:48:03 am »

I'm a phone of iPhone and Samsung.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 10:17:21 am »

I'm a phone of iPhone and Samsung.

Do you switch off or have both?

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 11:30:57 am »

I replace it when it gets broken, or I drop it down a sewer.

I once bought a smart phone.  I returned it after five minutes because I couldn't text on it. 

Worst fifty bucks spent.

I stick with flip phones.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray