Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:41:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Suspensions for non-football issues
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Suspensions for non-football issues  (Read 3629 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 02:59:54 pm »

The NFL has the right to suspend players for non-football issues, the problem is that Goodell has taken it to far and acts like a tyrant.  The thing that is needed is a truly independent third party to hear cases and make rulings.  Not to mention an exhaustive list of infractions, and the prescribed penalties for said infractions.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 04:15:54 pm »

The have a right, yes.  But they don't have an obligation and the rest of the country does not operate the same way.

Would your company suspend you for something you weren't charged for and happened off of company time, not in your company uniform?
My company is huge and I am not the face if it. When I worked in government it was a part of the job because my face represented the government to the public. They could fire you for Facebook posts as does many companies.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 04:20:27 pm »

Can I say it's fair when it's for guys like Big Ben who I don't like and not fair when it's a guy like Landry?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 04:50:27 pm »

My company is huge and I am not the face if it. When I worked in government it was a part of the job because my face represented the government to the public. They could fire you for Facebook posts as does many companies.

We're talking about two different things.  I'm referring to things that people are alleged to have done, but weren't charged for them.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 07:11:51 pm »

We're talking about two different things.  I'm referring to things that people are alleged to have done, but weren't charged for them.

I know of one person who was fired from a job when their employer learned that they were accused by a security guard of shoplifting even though when the police looked at the security camera tape they refused to arrest the person as the tape was inconclusive as to whether shop lifting occurred.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 12:58:19 am »

I know of one person who was fired from a job solely because his employer didn't want to pay him anymore.  His name is Zach Thomas.

Are we talking about what employers have the legal right to do?  I think we all agree that under the current CBA, management has the legal ability to fine/suspend/cut players.  Some of us are saying this is a bad idea, and should be changed in the next CBA.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 04:06:19 am »

I know....just trying make sense of Pappy's fake news,
Sorry, 17 weeks long...soon to be 18. You watch.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray