Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins/Bucs Possibly Moved
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins/Bucs Possibly Moved  (Read 2960 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 05, 2017, 02:18:55 pm »

The game is set to take place when that massive hurricane is going to hit, so the NFL is still deciding whether to move the location or have the game take place on each team's bye weeks. As luck would have it, they both have a Week 11 bye week.

Obviously, moving it to a neutral stadium is the best call. Taking away their bye weeks would be a disaster and a major disadvantage.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:06:54 pm by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 04:35:08 pm »

Official statement, it wont be played in Miami At it's regularly scheduled time....They've not yet decided when,and where we will play
https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/905166184697536512

and a few tweets saying as much...
@AdamSchefter: Dolphins home game vs. Buccaneers, originally scheduled for Sunday at 1 p.m. ET at Hard Rock Stadium, will not be played in Miami on Sunday.

Neutral site, or Play during our Bye weeks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:36:40 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:48:20 pm »

Obviously, moving it to a neutral stadium is the best call. Taking away their bye weeks would be a disaster and a major disadvantage.

Moving it to nuetral site will cost the nfl revenue as they wil have to refund tickets and sell the others at a discount.  Moving to week 11 won't affect $$$. My bet NFL cares more about money than the competitive problem with losing the bye.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 05:08:04 pm »

Moving it to nuetral site will cost the nfl revenue as they wil have to refund tickets and sell the others at a discount.  Moving to week 11 won't affect $$$. My bet NFL cares more about money than the competitive problem with losing the bye.

Sadly, I agree with you there. They would have them play in the Hurricane if they thought they could get away with it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:08:01 pm »

Totally wrong and your "stance" is backed up by nothing. Bills-Jets game was moved to Detroit. Saints played at home game in New York after Katrina. The NFL will do what is right they won't let $$$ dictate when and where the game is moved.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 08:35:43 pm »

Totally wrong and your "stance" is backed up by nothing. Bills-Jets game was moved to Detroit. Saints played at home game in New York after Katrina. The NFL will do what is right they won't let $$$ dictate when and where the game is moved.

Saints in NJ was not neutral.  It was sold out at full price.  If they had move the Saints Giants game to Huston it would have been much fairer to the saints but the NFL would not have made as much money.

Bills Jets didn't have a bye week option. 

Maybe the NFL will do the right thing, but I am not counting on it.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 09:21:31 pm »

Saints in NJ was not neutral.  It was sold out at full price.  If they had move the Saints Giants game to Huston it would have been much fairer to the saints but the NFL would not have made as much money.

Bills Jets didn't have a bye week option. 

Maybe the NFL will do the right thing, but I am not counting on it.

FAKE NEWS! You completely changed your tune from the original post and changed your stance with this last post. Whatever.

Latest report out of ESPN is NFL looking at Pittsburgh and Philly as site for this weeks game between Mia-TB
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:48:24 pm »

it's not fake news if you don't agree with his opinion
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 05:46:35 am »

it's not fake news if you don't agree with his opinion

It's not an opinion he presented wrong facts (aka Fake News.) Bills/Jets moved to Detroit wasn't for $$$.  The whole premise of his stance was false
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 06:40:14 am »

It's not an opinion he presented wrong facts (aka Fake News.) Bills/Jets moved to Detroit wasn't for $$$.  The whole premise of his stance was false

Could you please point out the incorrect "facts" that Hoodie presented? I'm having a problem finding them.

In fact, your entire fake news post appears completely unhinged. Are you referring to posts or opinions by Hoodie not presented in this thread?

"You completely changed your tune from the original post and changed your stance with this last post."

There don't seem to be any inconsistencies between Hoodie's two posts. You can argue he is wrong in his conclusions / opinions or that he has his facts wrong, but it would be nice if, particularly in the case of the latter, you would substantiate your claims.

Thanks.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 07:15:25 am »

No, bill jets weren't moved to Detroit for money. But because they didn't have an alternative.  However when the NFL has two options, such as play NYG NO in Huston or NY they have a history of choosing the one that produces the most revenue.  That is a FACT.  It is my opinion that they will likely choose a similar solution this time.

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 08:39:32 am »

Hey you guys be safe down there. Moved from miami in 1997, being in the Army I've been around. Now living in South Carolina, you wont beleive how many Dolphans are up here. Anyways, I was around for Andrew in 1992, boy what a disaster.  God bless and Fins up !!

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 09:50:34 am »

Game was pushed back to Week 11. No bye week now

#PrayForFlorida
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 09:52:39 am »

It sucks to lose the bye week. I'd much rather have had the game played on schedule at a neutral site.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 10:11:34 am »

Game was pushed back to Week 11. No bye week now

#PrayForFlorida

As I predicted for the reasons I gave.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: