Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Florida peeps - take good care!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Florida peeps - take good care!  (Read 4904 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:55:48 am »

As that bitch of a storm takes aim at you, take care of yourselves.  That thing looks like it's no joke.

Thinking of all of you.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »

Hopefully now that the Miami games have been canceled that storm will take a big right turn into the middle of the Atlantic.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:59:20 pm »

It's set to hit me very directly at the moment.  I was hoping it would miss us to the southwest, but has turned.  Our best bet now is that it continues to pull East and goes off the coast.

I've lived here my whole life and seen a bunch of storms, but this one feels different.  I think that after seeing Houston, people are freaked out.  There are shortages on supplies already.  That's weird.  Normally, you could still get stuff several days out very easily. 

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 01:50:28 pm »

I am, quite literally, about to run out of gas. I waited in three different lines today, and all three ran out of gas before I could get to the pump.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 04:27:23 pm »

Thanks Maine. I'm not expecting it to be too bad here. Good luck to you guys down south.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 06:27:59 pm »

Have they issued any sort of evacuation orders there?

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 06:37:23 pm »

Stay safe everyone, thoughts are with you...If we can help in any way(I have no clue how  Embarrassed ,but damn it I'll try!) let us know...

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 08:57:36 am »

Have they issued any sort of evacuation orders there?

Some cities have issued the evac order, including Miami Beach...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 05:33:35 am »

The news descriptions here sound horrific. Take care guys, our thoughts and prayers are with you!
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 06:16:44 pm »

If anyone needs a place to stay, I can put you up in a hotel in charleston for a few days.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 12:13:14 pm »

We made it through in Tampa okay...no power though.  Luckily it was a 2 or 1 when it made its way to us.  How's everyone else doing?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 04:18:26 pm »

we never lost power at the house, just got cable and internet back .. so hooray.. and best part is that i'm whooping dave in fantasy football
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:58 pm »

Still no power where I'm at.  Staying with the in laws down the street that do have power
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 10:02:18 am »

I had an entire tree come down on my house. It is a large oak that would take two guys with Kobe Bryant's wing span to reach around the base. There is no way For me to get it off so I'm dealing with insurance as it is going to take a crane. My friend a few doors down also had a tree split in the neighbor's yard and half went on the house and half blocked the street. He was much luckier than I with the damage done and we were able to clear half the street and get the tree off the house.

Everyone immediately around me was safe but I still have not had time to check on everyone around town as there is just so much to do in the aftermath of something like this.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 01:15:34 pm »

I had an entire tree come down on my house. It is a large oak that would take two guys with Kobe Bryant's wing span to reach around the base. There is no way For me to get it off so I'm dealing with insurance as it is going to take a crane. My friend a few doors down also had a tree split in the neighbor's yard and half went on the house and half blocked the street. He was much luckier than I with the damage done and we were able to clear half the street and get the tree off the house.

Everyone immediately around me was safe but I still have not had time to check on everyone around town as there is just so much to do in the aftermath of something like this.
That really sucks, sorry to hear that.  Oak trees are everywhere here and a lot were uprooted or split, but I haven't seen them on anyone's houses.  A lot of close calls though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray