Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:31:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  "No Freaking Loyalty" billboard in Carson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "No Freaking Loyalty" billboard in Carson  (Read 2672 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: September 13, 2017, 07:35:53 pm »

Miami is going to open the new, temporary home of the Chargers this week. I've been wondering how the Chargers would adjust to the new home and we are going to see really soon. I personally think it is going to limit any feel of home field for them and is going to work towards Miami's advantage.

A San Diego fan has has purchased a billboard for three weeks that says "No Freaking Loyalty" near the stadium. This can't be a good feeling when trying to establish yourself in a new and temporary home.

What do you think? How well will they adjust? Will such a billboard affect them in any way?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:45:39 pm »

I don't think the billboard will affect them as much as the fact that the stadium holds under 30,000 fans. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:17:50 pm »

I don't think the chargers benefited all that much from home field advantage before so no biggie

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:33:43 pm »

I don't understand what you mean by any of this?  What's the point of the billboard -- the fact that they left San Diego? 

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:12:02 pm »

I don't think the billboard will affect them as much as the fact that the stadium holds under 30,000 fans. 

Given the sparse crowds at the Rams home opener this past week, and the fact that there are still plenty of tickets available for the opener against Miami, it may actually be better that this stadium only holds 27,000.  Having a full 27,000 seat stadium is better than a half full 54,000 seat stadium.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 02:40:23 pm »

I much prefer small stadiums anyway.  I think it's a better atmosphere.  I don't like these big Cowboys-style stadiums near as much.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 02:46:50 pm »

I don't understand what you mean by any of this?  What's the point of the billboard -- the fact that they left San Diego? 
Yes.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:00:30 pm »

Yes, a fan from San Diego purchased a billboard outside where the Chargers are playing that says, "No Freaking Loyalty"
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 11:40:10 am »

Oh...I don't think anybody cares about this stuff.  These are professionals doing a job.  It's not up to them whether or not the company moves.  They just go out there and do their best.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray