Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:09:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Timmons goes AWOL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Timmons goes AWOL  (Read 5364 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:05 pm »

Apparently Timmons has gone AWOL.  Dolphins know where he is.  Armando just tweeted that something angered him and likely won't play today.  WTF!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/17/lawrence-timmons-status-unclear-after-leaving-dolphins-without-notice/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:12:56 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 01:37:21 pm »

Well, there goes THAT guaranteed contract.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:09:37 pm »

I have heard of players holding out.  But going AWOL seems to only plague the dolphins.   First Martin,now another

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:20:44 am »

This pregame news was very upsetting.  Without him, our LB unit may be the worst in the league.  They may be the league worst with him there too, but his his departure certainly doesn't help things.  I hope this development is short lived.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 10:15:24 am »

Adam Schefter on Twitter:

"After dealing with "a personal matter” Sat, Miami LB Lawrence Timmons scheduled to meet with doctors today to determine issue, per sources."

"Dolphins LB Lawrence Timmons is “doing much better today and wants to resume playing immediately” with hope he will practice this week."

----------------

All sorts of weird rumors floating around (happens in a vacuum), so hopefully this will work itself out quickly. Comments from teammates in the news have been cautions, but supportive and hopeful that he'd be back.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:24 am »

Adam Schefter on Twitter:

"After dealing with "a personal matter” Sat, Miami LB Lawrence Timmons scheduled to meet with doctors today to determine issue, per sources."

"Dolphins LB Lawrence Timmons is “doing much better today and wants to resume playing immediately” with hope he will practice this week."

----------------

All sorts of weird rumors floating around (happens in a vacuum), so hopefully this will work itself out quickly. Comments from teammates in the news have been cautions, but supportive and hopeful that he'd be back.
Jeez, now it's sounding like a cancer thing or something.  Who knows...
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 10:51:20 am »

I read yesterday that he was angry with the team over something.  Were those reports untrue?

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »

But going AWOL seems to only plague the dolphins.   

Barret Robbins wasn't a Phin and is easily the highest profile case.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 12:05:19 pm »

Gase is scheduled to speak with the media at 3:00.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 12:25:33 pm »

https://www.tmz.com/2017/09/18/lawrence-timmons-miami-dolphins/

Snippet from report...
cops found Timmons at LAX early Sunday morning in a boarding area in an effort to get to Pennsylvania. A team rep met Timmons at the airport and left with him.
So, why Pennsylvania? We're told Timmons had spoken with his baby mama who lives there and had told her he missed the baby and wanted to visit. He was serious about visiting her.

He missed his kid after talking baby mama... Huh Yeah, I'm curious what the psychology evaluation report said about him before he signed that contract? Smh...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:37:08 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 12:58:21 pm »

https://www.tmz.com/2017/09/18/lawrence-timmons-miami-dolphins/

Snippet from report...
cops found Timmons at LAX early Sunday morning in a boarding area in an effort to get to Pennsylvania. A team rep met Timmons at the airport and left with him.
So, why Pennsylvania? We're told Timmons had spoken with his baby mama who lives there and had told her he missed the baby and wanted to visit. He was serious about visiting her.

He missed his kid after talking baby mama... Huh Yeah, I'm curious what the psychology evaluation report said about him before he signed that contract? Smh...
UGH!  He had how many weeks to do this before the season OPENER!?  We need the help at LB for sure, but my first reaction is to sit him for at least the next 2 games...won't happen, I'm sure I'll start liking him again if he plays well, but c'mon man!
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 01:31:39 pm »

He started over 100 games without an issue prior to this. Seems likely something more is going on.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 02:14:11 pm »

I read yesterday that he was angry with the team over something.  Were those reports untrue?

Like I said, all sorts of rumors. Everything from pissed at the Fins that they wouldn't pay air fare for his family to wanting to see his kids....

None of the rumors make any sense if the "seeing a doctor"  report is correct.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 02:22:36 pm »

Surprised a team like Miami who financed their own stadium renovations would not pay for his family's airfare. Definitely a lot more to this situation than we know. Sadly, a lot of it points to his mental state or lack thereof.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 03:22:41 pm »

So it looks like the "doctor" talk is going down the CTE route.  As in there are questions about Timmons' mental stability.

If so, PIT may have had some insider information in contract talks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray