Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:43:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Timmons goes AWOL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Timmons goes AWOL  (Read 5433 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »

Yeah, it would be for the best if he left the team and retired. Sucks for our defense, but he sounds like he is 4 weeks away from a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 09:21:25 am »

None of the rumors make any sense if the "seeing a doctor"  report is correct.

Why not? Phychologists and psychiatrists are doctors.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:34 am »

What makes this so weird is that the guy has zero history of missing games for any reason at all and was held in high regard as a quality teammate with excellent character. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 12:21:42 pm »

I mean, let's not get too crazy with the theories.  We still don't have all the information yet.

I don't think we're at gunshots-in-the-parking-lot territory or anything like that, so let's not overstate things.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 04:24:25 pm »

Well, The Team Suspended him indefinitely (tweeted by Sports writers, Miami Herald,Ian Rapport,Etc)
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/09/dolphins-suspend-lb-lawrence-timmons

It is interesting they can only suspend him for 4 weeks per CBA,but it voids out next years guarantees on his contract...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:27:07 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 04:57:14 pm »

Well, The Team Suspended him indefinitely (tweeted by Sports writers, Miami Herald,Ian Rapport,Etc)
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/09/dolphins-suspend-lb-lawrence-timmons

It is interesting they can only suspend him for 4 weeks per CBA,but it voids out next years guarantees on his contract...
This has the earmarks of the team covering themselves in the event they decide to cut ties with him. If they really wanted to discipline him then they would have suspended him 4 weeks, not indefinitely. Sounds like this gives them time and options to decide what they will do.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 02:41:41 pm »

It's mystifying as to why he would just leave the day before the season opener, with no signs of any problems.  Not to mention why he thought he could just rejoin the team this week.  Given Gase spoke to him Monday before announcing his indefinite suspension, and the signing of another LB, I think it's clear his time in Miami is over.  Now Miami will probably have to go to arbitration to try and get the $5.5 mil signing bonus back from him.  He really screwed himself over.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 03:37:31 pm »

I read today that the move for the other LB was already in the works before Timmons had his issue. 

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 11:31:13 am »

This Story gets more strange...Take this as you wish (the questionable source),apparently Timmons went by his old team the Steelers,wishing he was back there during the bye week...
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-timmons-visited-steelers-during-bye-before-going-awol-in-week-2/

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 12:49:57 pm »

CBS sports is generally reliable.  If true rather than cut him, Dolphins should see if they can trade him to Pittsburgh.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 07:21:45 am »

Fock him and the horse he rode in on.

Seriously, you attend a Steelers practice before Irma hit, said he wants to return to Pittsburgh???

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-lawrence-timmons-steelers-dolphins-20170924-story.html

Why does this organization attract these types off guys?

I'd rather be lucky than good.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »

^^^ I know there are physicals taken before any contract is finalized, but are there psychological exams done??  Seems there should be nowadays.  Miami really deserves to get their signing bonus back.  Not to mention it seems the Steelers should be fined for illegal contact with a player under contract to another team.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 03:54:22 pm »

^^^ I know there are physicals taken before any contract is finalized, but are there psychological exams done??  Seems there should be nowadays.  Miami really deserves to get their signing bonus back.  Not to mention it seems the Steelers should be fined for illegal contact with a player under contract to another team.

Seems like the Steelers didn't do anything to initiate the contact and was just caught off guard.  I think the bigger question is what about the way the Dolphins treat players vs the way the Steelers do things made this player decide he wants out.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 06:48:00 am »

I think the bigger question is what about the way the Dolphins treat players vs the way the Steelers do things made this player decide he wants out.

That's such BS on every level but not shocked coming from you. No other free agent in any other sport ever has done anything like this. To put your "BS Pats spin" on this to paint Miami in a bad light is so transparent as you love to troll this board obviously and anyone who can't see it is blind to it.

Did other free agents who signed this year like Nate Allen, TJ McDonald, Ted Larsen, Anthony Fasano run away from the Dolphins for being treated poorly? Name another player in any other sport (ever) who signed as a free agent only to run back to his previous team team  and do anything like this? You can't! So don't use this to paint Miami in a bad light saying "they treat their players bad." This is an odd situation and a one-off situation we have never seen before in any other sport by any other player. It has nothing to do with how Miami treats their players.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2017, 08:20:29 am »

That's such BS on every level but not shocked coming from you. No other free agent in any other sport ever has done anything like this. To put your "BS Pats spin" on this to paint Miami in a bad light is so transparent as you love to troll this board obviously and anyone who can't see it is blind to it.

Did other free agents who signed this year like Nate Allen, TJ McDonald, Ted Larsen, Anthony Fasano run away from the Dolphins for being treated poorly? Name another player in any other sport (ever) who signed as a free agent only to run back to his previous team team  and do anything like this? You can't! So don't use this to paint Miami in a bad light saying "they treat their players bad." This is an odd situation and a one-off situation we have never seen before in any other sport by any other player. It has nothing to do with how Miami treats their players.

Excellent reply

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray