Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - at Chargers.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - at Chargers.  (Read 2733 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 17, 2017, 07:09:37 pm »

Hard to pick one after an opening day win.

I didn't like the play calling on the first drive or the last drive, but luckily it worked out.

Maybe the defense for the bad showing on the last drive. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 07:37:09 pm »

Timmons for going AWOL, unless there is some really good reason like a death in the family.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 07:50:23 pm »

Timmons for going AWOL, unless there is some really good reason like a death in the family.
This.  Maxwell for someone that actually played today...seemed he was burned a lot.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:14:24 am »

Gase. 

Tough to choose the HC after a win, but I was really PO'd by the crappy play calling that filled the first half and returned at important times in the second half.  That first half looked like it was called by a high school coach.  You are not going to score points, much less win, if you're constantly throwing balls one yard down field.  I understand the team was a little rusty coming in after all that's transpired, but you gotta take the training wheels off the offense and not fear the forward pass.  Gase will tell you himself how upset he was by his own play calls in the first half.  Hopefully, a lot of rust was shaken off and confidence was built so this offense can use more pages of the playbook next week. 

Still, a win is a win, and we had to gut this one out so, this game is obviously a plus in his column.  Not mad at the HC, just mad at his doofus twin who was calling the plays. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 07:49:25 am »

If it was a good reason he wouldn't be awol it would be an excused absence

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:14:03 am »

I absolutely hated the ultra-conservative playcalling at the end of the game. Classic Dolphins for longer than I care to remember. Apparently, changing head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterback doesn't make a difference. Since he's the HC, Gase is the one responsible this time around. If Parkey doesn't hit that 50/50 fieldgoal, the Dolphins lose. Heck, even having made it the Dolphins should've lost. Odds on how many weeks Koo lasts with the Chargers?

The offensive line really needs to step it up. Ajayi got hit at or behind the line of scrimmage on almost every carry and Cutler had to scramble way more than is reasonable. Oh, and Tunsil, could you focus on blocking your guy and not look downfield at whatever the heck it was? I mean, you were 1-on-1 with the guy (Ingram) and no one else (O or D) was anywhere near. You just weren't looking at your guy. Just not good enough.

Overall, I thought the Dolphins looked pretty bad at a lot of things. Coverage was bad, linebackers bad, no one could cover a crossing route to save their life...

I won't give the SotG to Timmons without knowing what caused him to leave. Sure, it doesn't make him look great, but I can imagine scenarios where it would make a certain amount of sense.

Ultimately, I'll go with Gase for what I thought was terrible playcalling at the end and some bad decisions along the way (please stop throwing the ball to receivers behind the line of scrimmage, whether a receiver screen or whatever, we just suck at it... the Dolphins averaged > 2.5 receiver screens a game last year (second most) and nothing good ever happened).
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 11:21:48 am »

If it was a good reason he wouldn't be awol it would be an excused absence
It's AWOL if you have a good reason but you don't tell anyone what it is.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 12:33:08 pm »

Maxwell was doing exactly like he was early last year, playing 8-10 yards off the receiver... Angry Man... I hate his ass....Too bad I don't trust the source Dolphins have been hot and heavy twice this year for Richard Sherman.(the report's I read were from Jason Lacanfora)

I agree with the play calling,DB's playing so far off about gave me a coronary screaming at the T.V.,and the final Timeout before the field goal.(even if Rizzi called it)...

I hate too but I'd vote for Gase.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 03:33:45 pm »

The playcalling that led to the winning field goal was pretty bad. The plan looked like it was to settle for a 54 yard FG with over a minute and 2 timeouts left on the clock. That is the fallback option, not Plan A.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:48:30 am »

The Fins lucked out, but I was yelling at the Def. Coordinator or whoever it was that had the secondary playing so far off the line of scrimmage on the last Chargers drive.  If they needed a TD to win, I could see playing way off and trying to avoid the deep ball.  But when all the Chargers had to do was to get into Field Goal range, it was crazy to play deep coverage.  Thankfully the kid kicker from the Chargers blew a 44 yarder.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray