Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:32:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Movie Review: Logan Lucky (2017)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: What did you think of Logan Lucky?
*****   -0 (0%)
****   -0 (0%)
***   -1 (20%)
**   -0 (0%)
*   -0 (0%)
I'd like to see it.   -3 (60%)
I'm not interested.   -1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Movie Review: Logan Lucky (2017)  (Read 821 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:23:09 am »

Logan Lucky (2017)

Premise: An out of work redneck puts together a hillbilly heist of a NASCAR race.

Rating: A few out of place performances hinder an otherwise enjoyable, but ultimately disposable caper.

I liked this movie.  Most of the characters and the setting are great.  It's backwoods people doing rednecky type of stuff.  It's a world that I can't really relate to, but is funny.  This movie skirts the line with laughing at the West Virginia lifestyle, but I believe manages to be on the right side of it.  There is a strange, cartoonish performance by Seth MacFarlane that hurts the balance of the tone of the movie.  Most of the characters are slightly larger than life, but his is way over the top and neither the character, nor the subplot belong in this movie.  The leads, however, Tatum, Craig, and especially Adam Driver, are great.

It's actually a really good heist movie, too, with an interesting, layered, and complex plan, much like Ocean's 11, but mostly put together by dummies.  It has the tropes of a good caper, like putting the team together, but turned on its head, because the cast is not your typical smooth group of dudes that you would expect.

While enjoyable, I think that this movie won't be one that sticks with you too long.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:24:53 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
dolanroi

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 06:16:39 am »

Interesting. I saw fairly good reviews about it on rottentomatoes also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray