Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:29:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Jets  (Read 4994 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 24, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »

Cutler, because he is the quarterback of this team.

And the Texans player who dropped that interception.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BeanCounter

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:11:34 pm »

Adam Gase.  His team was completely outplayed by the Jets.

The Dolphins looked lost in the first half and there appeared to be no adjustments made by Gase at half-time.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 06:05:55 pm »

Gase.  The entire team looked listless and completely unprepared to play.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »

Gase.  The entire team looked listless and completely unprepared to play.

I only like to give coaches SOTGs if they made bad decisions. 

These are professional athletes, they should be prepared to play.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 07:50:50 pm »

In an effort to draw attention to social injustice, the players of the Miami Dolphins choose to boycott the endzone during the first 59 minutes of the game today.

SotG? The whole fucking team.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 07:07:55 am »

Gase
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 10:19:12 am »

I guess you'd have to say Gase for lack of adjustment and just a total lack of anything that resembled professional football from any unit.  Cutler looked pretty individually bad, though....throwing off his back foot a lot.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 06:38:27 pm »

Cutler had one of the worst performances by a Dolphins' QB in a long, long time. He chucked the ball up for grabs numerous times, missed wide open receivers on a regular basis and generally sucked. I really, truly hope this is just some rust or communication issues or something, because the Cutler out there against the Jets looked like he should've been in the booth not on the field. Or maybe the O-line play rattled him and caused him to suck even when he had time and receivers open. That last drive may have salvaged his traditional stats (and padded the receivers' stats) a bit, but that was an AWFUL game.

The offensive line was garbage. I don't think Ajayi made it to the line of scrimmage even ONCE without getting hit by a green shirt. Ja'Wuan James and Bushrod, in particular, were really bad.

I had to go check the play-by-play to see if John Denney was still our longsnapper, because there were several snaps where the punter had to pick the ball off the turf and it clearly cost field position.

Really struggling to find anything positive in that game. This was exactly the Dolphins team I feared seeing before the season started.

Ultimately, I'll give it to Cutler. If he makes some of the easier throws and, even more importantly, makes some of the easier READS early on, this game would have looked completely different.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 07:18:22 pm »

Cutler had one of the worst performances by a Dolphins' QB in a long, long time. He chucked the ball up for grabs numerous times, missed wide open receivers on a regular basis and generally sucked. I really, truly hope this is just some rust or communication issues or something, because the Cutler out there against the Jets looked like he should've been in the booth not on the field. Or maybe the O-line play rattled him and caused him to suck even when he had time and receivers open. That last drive may have salvaged his traditional stats (and padded the receivers' stats) a bit, but that was an AWFUL game.

The offensive line was garbage. I don't think Ajayi made it to the line of scrimmage even ONCE without getting hit by a green shirt. Ja'Wuan James and Bushrod, in particular, were really bad.

I had to go check the play-by-play to see if John Denney was still our longsnapper, because there were several snaps where the punter had to pick the ball off the turf and it clearly cost field position.

Really struggling to find anything positive in that game. This was exactly the Dolphins team I feared seeing before the season started.

Ultimately, I'll give it to Cutler. If he makes some of the easier throws and, even more importantly, makes some of the easier READS early on, this game would have looked completely different.
Actually, James was one of the best in the league last game via PFF.  Everyone else sucked though
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 09:56:48 am »

Actually, James was one of the best in the league last game via PFF.  Everyone else sucked though

I'll readily admit I didn't rewatch this game, so my o-line judgement is based on the handful of plays I did "rewind" (and the whole right side sucked on those).
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 10:39:08 am »

I'll readily admit I didn't rewatch this game, so my o-line judgement is based on the handful of plays I did "rewind" (and the whole right side sucked on those).
Trust me, if I didn't see that stat, I would be right there with you...looked like they all sucked, but I guess if you focused on each individual, he was the only one who was good (and apparently, really good...something like 7th best in the league last week).
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:41:24 am »

This was a very difficult game to choose just one shitty performance.  This was a shit buffet, and everyone had a shit ticket. 
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 01:13:25 pm »

I was most bothered by the dazed and confused look on Cutler at times during the game.Almost like he at practice instead of a Sunday game.Yeah there were times he was still moving people around,but a few times he seemed to stare out at the defense (yeah he was reading it,I get that)...3..2...1..Then threw a lot of crap balls...

The O-line sucking didn't help... Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, I still have to give the shame to Gase, the o-line, DB's still playing 1 county away from the receivers,and then Cutler. That's Team failure.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 01:34:49 pm »

On the offensive side of the ball at least if was the whole team. There were bads throws but there was also several dropped balls, WR's not in sync with the QB (not sure who's fault it was), offensive line issues etc etc etc. Basically it was just sloppy play all around on the offense. I don't really know who to blame on the defense, but they've been pretty bad in both games in my opinion so it's possible they are just that bad.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

Gase pretty much straight up said that Cutler got spooked after getting hit early in the game and played skittish after that.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray