Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:01:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Saints
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Saints  (Read 2683 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 01, 2017, 12:34:11 pm »

Cutler, because he is the quarterback, and thus responsible for everything that happens on the field.

HM to the coaching.

Why the fuck do you sign some schmuck for $10 million when you have a quarterback who took your team to the playoffs last year still on your roster.

They still have not learned from last year.  Why the heck do you have an empty backfield on first and goal?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 12:45:11 pm »

The OL with dishonorable mention to Cutler.
BeanCounter

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 01:42:20 pm »

Case.  One week after making Josh McCown look like Tom Brady, his team makes the Saints defense look like the second coming of the no name defense.  Once again, whatever half time adjustments he came up with failed miserably.  I'm not sure why he didn't bench Cutler to see if Moore could breath some life into the offense.  Anyway, for the 2nd week in a row, he was completely out-coached by his opponent.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 07:30:27 am »

Where do I start...

Can I pick Ed Hochuli and his merry men of clueless zebras for not only ruining the spectacle and making it a stop-start farce, but also for completely fucking the Dolphins in the process? Total bullshit offensive pass interference call that killed our third drive, followed by ignoring a more obvious pick play by Josh Hill on their first touchdown score - which of course followed a bullshit holding call on Godchaux after he was dragged down by two Saints linemen, and a questionable spot on fourth down that kept the drive alive. That was followed by missing a holding/pass interference call by Crawley that should have gone in our favour, then pinging Suh with a bullshit roughing the passer call that kept the Saints final touchdown drive alive. The refs in this game were disgusting, and they should of known it when all of Wembley Stadium were booing them...

If it has to be an individual player, then it has to be Julius Thomas. The guy is fucking clueless and he can't block, which is a bit of a liability for a tight end.

Dishonourable mentions to Gase and his (at times totally inane) play calling, and who ever is the fucking brainiac running the defense who thought it was a great idea to isolate rookie cornerback Cordrea Tankersley (in his first start) on Michael Thomas all game. I will give the kid some credit in that he managed not to give up a huge play, but as the commentators pointed out Brees was going to throw his way all game. No surprise he did exactly that for crucial first downs, and yet we had no safety support for this kid? Does this mean we have more confidence in a rookie playing his first game than our supposed number one starter Xavier Howard on the other side?

Another dishonorable mention to the Fox Network for their truly pathetic coverage of the game. For the first half it was like there was a temporary media crew from London filling in with absolutely no fucking idea how a replay worked. Ridiculous!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:04:04 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 11:20:12 am »

Where do I start...

Can I pick Ed Hochuli and his merry men of clueless zebras for not only ruining the spectacle and making it a stop-start farce, but also for completely fucking the Dolphins in the process? Total bullshit offensive pass interference call that killed our third drive, followed by ignoring a more obvious pick play by Josh Hill on their first touchdown score - which of course followed a bullshit holding call on Godchaux after he was dragged down by two Saints linemen, and a questionable spot on fourth down that kept the drive alive. That was followed by missing a holding/pass interference call by Crowley that should have gone in our favour, then pinging Suh with a bullshit roughing the passer call that kept the Saints final touchdown drive alive. The refs in this game were disgusting, and they should of known it when all of Wembley Stadium were booing them...

If it has to be an individual player, then it has to be Julius Thomas. The guy is fucking clueless and he can't block, which is a bit of a liability for a tight end.

Dishonourable mentions to Gase and his (at times totally inane) play calling, and who ever is the fucking brainiac running the defense who thought it was a great idea to isolate rookie cornerback Cordrea Tankersley (in his first start) on Michael Thomas all game. I will give the kid some credit in that he managed not to give up a huge play, but as the commentators pointed out Brees was going to throw his way all game. No surprise he did exactly that for crucial first downs, and yet we had no safety support for this kid? Does this mean we have more confidence in a rookie playing his first game than our supposed number one starter Xavier Howard on the other side?

Another dishonorable mention to the Fox Network for their truly pathetic coverage of the game. For the first half it was like there was a temporary media crew from London filling in with absolutely no fucking idea how a replay worked. Ridiculous!
Essentially, this.  Thomas for sure gets SOTG.  They would have lost anyways, but the refs were abysmal.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 05:31:44 pm »

Hate to say it but I agree with D4L.  Cutler just didn't get it done, he's a veteran QB and needs to adapt to a heavy pass rush and he didn't.  Also, the play calling was terrible.  Miami has three great RB's, that can also catch the ball out of the backfield - why are they not being utilized?  Short passes to the RB's keeps the defense honest against the running game and the deep pass.

Miami could have spent $10M on some guards and Moore would look like an all-star with time to throw.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 07:05:09 pm »

Cutler had a bad game, but I'm getting tired of watching Gase calling screen passes. That has to stop. IT. NEVER. WORKS. I don't even know where to start there are so many issues with it. Looking purely at the stats, the Dolphins throw more receiver screens than almost anyone. They also get among the fewest yards. That's based on last year. This year has been more of the same (not surprising since throwing a screen isn't exactly taxing on the quarterback). Note that the two fumbles this last game also happened on receiver screens (attempted, in the case of the Cutler fumble, but the receiver was locked down).

The Dolphins also almost always run it out the same formation (3 offset bunched receivers). We did actually have a run play (Ajayi) out of that formation against the Saints, but it lost yards. I thought it was odd that it was a straight handoff and not a draw play. It really looked like that could have helped. The blocking was hat-on-hat, so with a draw, I like Ajayi's chances of finding a gap.

Normally, I'd give it to the OC when it's just the offense sucking, but since Gase is the one calling the plays, he gets it. Clyde Christensen and Cutler can share an honorable mention.

Sure, the refs called a pretty horrible game, but when you play like shit, that automatically becomes irrelevant.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray