Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:31:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Re: Cam Newton and Female Reporter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Re: Cam Newton and Female Reporter  (Read 9098 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 03:17:09 pm »

I can sorta emphasize with Cam. In general I have very little respect for sports reporters with no playing or coaching experience in the sport they are reporting on this is true if the reporter is male or female.
Bob Costas, Bryant Gumbel, Al Michaels, Marv Albert, Joe Buck... none of these guys have pro or even college experience playing the sports they cover, and yet they are at the top of their profession.

Peter Gammons, John Clayton, Adam Schefter, David Aldridge... the list goes on and on.  The idea that you have to have played a sport to be good at covering it is at odds with the careers of many top sports journalists and broadcasters.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:21:05 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 04:04:16 pm »

^^^^ And for the most part I have zero interest in hearing them discussing technical aspects of the game such as routes.  I would much rather hear from the likes of Marino or Grugan.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »

I'd rather listen to John Clayton than Trent Dilfer on any aspect of football.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 10:10:32 am »

This morning all of the companies that use Cam as their "pitch man" on TV and Radio commercials and such are dropping him. He is losing all of his endorsement deals this morning and losing a ton of money over this. Love to see that!!

All of them? Really? Dannon yogurt is the only sponsor he lost, from what I saw.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 10:36:01 am »

I can sorta emphasize with Cam. In general I have very little respect for sports reporters with no playing or coaching experience in the sport they are reporting on this is true if the reporter is male or female.  However in most cases male reporters have played football at minimum at the high school level and often at the college level.  Female reporters rarely if ever have played tackle football.

I respect Rebbeca Lobbo's comments on the NBA, but not Erin Andrews.  In Cam's sport there are no Rebbeca Lobbos only Erin Andrews.

Wow. This is ridiculous.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 04:14:12 pm »

Bob Costas, Bryant Gumbel, Al Michaels, Marv Albert, Joe Buck... none of these guys have pro or even college experience playing the sports they cover, and yet they are at the top of their profession.

Peter Gammons, John Clayton, Adam Schefter, David Aldridge... the list goes on and on.  The idea that you have to have played a sport to be good at covering it is at odds with the careers of many top sports journalists and broadcasters.

+1
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 10:34:40 am »

I feel a little bit sorry for guys like Cam Newton.  He's totally wrong in his views, probably a third of the country thinks stupid shit like this -- they just don't have a microphone in their face.  They likely come from a place where the people around them agree with stuff like this and so it's just an echo-chamber of ignorance.  And then they're in big cities and have to talk off-the-cuff.

I just think about my dumbass friends growing up and what it would be like if they had to give a press conference and answer questions once a week.

...doesn't excuse what Cam said, but I think it's good to let him learn from this stuff and kinda reform his views, rather than just blacklist him and call him a shithead for the rest of his existence.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 10:40:59 am »

...doesn't excuse what Cam said, but I think it's good to let him learn from this stuff and kinda reform his views, rather than just blacklist him and call him a shithead for the rest of his existence.

He already did that before these most recent comments.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 03:59:29 pm »

The Big Crybaby Cam Newton strikes again. Asked a totally fair question by a male reporter today and he walked out of the press conference after rolling his eyes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740682-cam-newton-leaves-press-conference-abruptly-when-asked-about-chunk-plays

This guy is such a loser and scumbag it isn't even funny. I'm sure we will see a BS apology within 24-48 hours that won't be sincere at all once again.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 04:09:50 pm »

The Big Crybaby Cam Newton strikes again. Asked a totally fair question by a male reporter today and he walked out of the press conference after rolling his eyes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2740682-cam-newton-leaves-press-conference-abruptly-when-asked-about-chunk-plays

This guy is such a loser and scumbag it isn't even funny. I'm sure we will see a BS apology within 24-48 hours that won't be sincere at all once again.
What a baby
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 06:37:06 pm »

What a baby

Adam Schein of CBS Sports ripped Cam apart and calls for the firing of the Panthers coach and GM for enabling Cam. Plus he calls Newton's season of 2 years ago a fluke (which it clearly was)

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/status/923314766793154562
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 07:19:48 pm »

I don't know why more players don't go the Bill Belichick/Marshawn Lynch route and just stonewall these questions.  They are largely a waste of time.

"Do you think you guys have the wherewithal to [make big plays] consistently, week in and week out?"

That's a clown question, bro.  What do you expect him to say... no?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 05:03:24 am »

So it isn't sexism, it is Cam doesn't like moronic questions from the media. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 07:30:23 am »

So it isn't sexism, it is Cam doesn't like moronic questions from the media. 

That isn't a moronic question. That is a very fair question especially coming off a bad game vs the Bears. You want to be a QB, make the big bucks, be the "superstar" ....sit there and answer the questions. Even if you think its a bad question it wasn't that bad a question ok. Lots of players don't enjoy talking to the media but they don't laugh at female reporters or go running away like a baby. GROW UP!!!!!!!! GROW UP!!!

If he can't handle the pressure of the "media"....it's not a shock on the field he can't handle pressure moments on the field in games.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 11:20:35 am »

That question was worthless.

"Hey, do you think you guys can be good all of the time, instead of just some of the time?"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray