Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:00:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Re: Cam Newton and Female Reporter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Re: Cam Newton and Female Reporter  (Read 8998 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 11:24:17 am »

That question was worthless.

"Hey, do you think you guys can be good all of the time, instead of just some of the time?"
When they are sucking, that is a legit question to ask.  If someone asked the same question to Cutler, would it be worthless?  "Hey Cutler, you're throwing check downs that aren't working, but recently big chuck plays are, can we expect to see more of that?"
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 11:38:22 am »

"Hey, do you think you guys can be good all of the time, instead of just some of the time?"
I think it's a valid question although not one I'd ask. He said you've made big plays that lifted the team and asked if he thinks the team is good enough to be more consistent in doing that.

"Big plays, big chunk plays, kind of get to that energy I think that you were talking about," a reporter asked. "Does this offense — I know you had several in Detroit and New England — do you think you guys have the wherewithal to do that consistently, week in and week out?"

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2017, 11:45:37 am »

When they are sucking, that is a legit question to ask.  If someone asked the same question to Cutler, would it be worthless?  "Hey Cutler, you're throwing check downs that aren't working, but recently big chuck plays are, can we expect to see more of that?"
That's at least a strategy question.  Many teams prefer to use short passes as an offensive strategy.

The question asked to Cam was whether or not Cam thinks the offense can consistently make chunk plays.  That's rapidly approaching "Do you think you guys can make the playoffs this year?" territory.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2017, 11:57:42 am »

"Do you think you guys can make the playoffs this year?" territory.

What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

But (and yes, I am biased) but Belichick handles these questions best.

Answer every question with one of the following:

-We are going to do what we feel puts us in the best position to win.
-We are onto <next opponent >
-We need to improve every aspect of our game, we need to coach better, play call better, execute better.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:05:15 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2017, 12:43:43 pm »

That's at least a strategy question.  Many teams prefer to use short passes as an offensive strategy.

The question asked to Cam was whether or not Cam thinks the offense can consistently make chunk plays.  That's rapidly approaching "Do you think you guys can make the playoffs this year?" territory.
Neither of which warrant a dick response and walking off and crying like a entitled baby instead of being a professional.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2017, 01:54:51 pm »

I agree.  That's why I originally said that Cam should be going the Belichick route and stonewalling these knucklehead questions.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2017, 01:56:16 pm »

I agree.  That's why I originally said that Cam should be going the Belichick route and stonewalling these knucklehead questions.
I'd be okay with that.  I'm not even that upset with his "next question" comment.  It was him walking off in the middle like that coming off pretentious.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2017, 04:02:12 pm »

Even if I agree that the question is worthless.....SO WHAT? It give's this overgrown baby the right to walk out? Other players stand in front of the media and answer far worse questions and do their job. Act like a professional. Do not act like a baby! Yet Cam Newton and his sense of entitlement thinks its ok to just walk away and pout like a little league kid who just lost and is gonna cry about it. Give me a break. Cam is paid a lot of money to be a PROFESSIONAL and part of that is having to answer media questions, dumb's ones and good ones. And we can debate if that question is dumb or not, but even if it was dumb it wasn't a bad or insulting question in any way and Cam could have just answered it. Or stood there and not answered it but the one thing he can't do is go running away.

Cam is so immature and childish its not even funny. It's why he crumbles in big moments on the field. As I said if you can't take the pressure of the media it's no wonder he folds on the field in big spots.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2017, 04:31:00 pm »

Cam is so immature and childish its not even funny.

I disagree. He's clearly childish enough to be funny. Anyone adult childish, and not in a position of power,  is funny.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray