Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:05:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  "We Want Moore!"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "We Want Moore!"  (Read 2712 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:24:45 am »

So, this was being chanted by a good number of fans at the game, while Cutler was literally under center.

This is unhelpful, and also stupid.

In general, if Moore was the better player, he'd be playing.  Not only under Gase, but with all of the other coaches over the years.  I like Moore and this is not a criticism of him or his play.  He's been a good player for us and served an important role.  But these coaches that see him play every single day think that Cutler is better equipped to win games for us.  You have to think that they know more than us.

But...

Even if you think that Moore should have a chance, if only to provide a spark, screaming for the backup during the game is bad form and likely harmful to the play on the field.  Cutler has not played well, no doubt, and I've not been a supporter of bringing him in in the first place, but since he's here, he's the best we've got.  The offense, in general, has done him no favors.  We can't create a passing pocket, we couldn't (for most of the game, anyway) run-block, and the receivers dropped important balls.  And we were calling plays to this effect.  I don't believe we went over the top of the safeties even once in the game.  Everything were dump-offs.

So, when the booing got at its worse, Cutler, just trying to make things happen, threw a risky balled that was knocked around and picked.  As fans, we added to the problem.

Luckily we made some plays down the stretch and pulled the game out.  But I don't want to see another Ray Lucas situation.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:53 am »

So, this was being chanted by a good number of fans at the game, while Cutler was literally under center.

In general, if Moore was the better player, he'd be playing.  Not only under Gase, but with all of the other coaches over the years.  I like Moore and this is not a criticism of him or his play.  He's been a good player for us and served an important role.  But these coaches that see him play every single day think that Cutler is better equipped to win games for us.  You have to think that they know more than us.

But...

Even if you think that Moore should have a chance, if only to provide a spark, screaming for the backup during the game is bad form and likely harmful to the play on the field.  Cutler has not played well, no doubt, and I've not been a supporter of bringing him in in the first place, but since he's here, he's the best we've got.  The offense, in general, has done him no favors.  We can't create a passing pocket, we couldn't (for most of the game, anyway) run-block, and the receivers dropped important balls.  And we were calling plays to this effect.  I don't believe we went over the top of the safeties even once in the game.  Everything were dump-offs.

So, when the booing got at its worse, Cutler, just trying to make things happen, threw a risky balled that was knocked around and picked.  As fans, we added to the problem.

Luckily we made some plays down the stretch and pulled the game out.  But I don't want to see another Ray Lucas situation.
Agree with Dave.  When the shouts for we want Moore were going on, I looked at my wife and said, "He might provide a spark with a 30 yard pass, then dash our hopes away with a red zone INT."  Cutler isn't doing us any favors, but he's not the problem.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:14:30 pm »

Cutler isn't doing us any favors, but he's not the problem.
Well let's just say he's not the only problem. There are many of them and it's the whole offense that needs to pick up their game, not just the QB.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 06:06:22 pm »

I'm fine with Fans "Booing the Team" because of their displeasure with the product they see on the field,They plunked down their cash for the seat,parking,etc. I don't like the "We want Moore " chants,for the reasons Dave gave.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:38 pm »

You chant for rookies or 2nd year QBs to take over for ineffective veterans, not backups who are the same age.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:31:27 am »

Here is my thought regardless of the team.  Fans get to see the games and only the games.  Coaches get to see not only the games but practices as well. 

If Moore was more effective in practice he would earn the starting job. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 12:25:21 pm »

This logic leads one to believe that fans should never boo a player on their own team.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 01:28:36 pm »

I'm fine with Fans "Booing the Team" because of their displeasure with the product they see on the field,They plunked down their cash for the seat,parking,etc. I don't like the "We want Moore " chants,for the reasons Dave gave.
I completely agree. I've booed my butt off but I can't ever see it justifiable to do while they are playing. I'll save that for as they are walking off the field from another failed series.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »

Dave, I don't agree with everything that you say.

Just because Moore is not playing does not mean he is the better player.  Bledsoe was playing before he got injured then Brady took over.  If not for Mo Lewis, Brady might never have gotten a chance to see the field.  Does that mean Bledsoe was the better player just because he was playing?

I don't think Cutler gives a hoot about the fans booing him.  If he does, he has no business being on the field.

Cutler is 2-2, which isn't bad.  Both wins are conference wins, which could play a HUGE role in the playoff race later in the year.

But that does not mean Moore wouldn't do better.  It also doesn't mean that he did not deserve that chance at the beginning of the season.  Heck, spend that $10 million on a lineman for one season.  Would have been better spent.

Hoodie,

I don't think practice should matter, what should matter is the games.

Moore came into GAMES last season, and he got this team into the playoffs. 

I just don't get why people aren't satisfied with the job Moore did last season.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 04:15:13 am »

I don't think Cutler gives a hoot about the fans booing him.  If he does, he has no business being on the field

Really?  You do realize he is a human being.  Very few people aren't affected by others approval or disapproval.  My mood and enthusiasm at work can often be affected by customer complaints or complements.  While players are generally smart enough to avoid complaining about fan booings their comments about positive energy they get from the cheering should be enough to let anyone realize that booing your own team hurts the team. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 01:41:55 pm »

Dave, I don't agree with everything that you say.

Just because Moore is not playing does not mean he is the better player.  Bledsoe was playing before he got injured then Brady took over.  If not for Mo Lewis, Brady might never have gotten a chance to see the field.  Does that mean Bledsoe was the better player just because he was playing?

I don't think Cutler gives a hoot about the fans booing him.  If he does, he has no business being on the field.

Cutler is 2-2, which isn't bad.  Both wins are conference wins, which could play a HUGE role in the playoff race later in the year.

But that does not mean Moore wouldn't do better.  It also doesn't mean that he did not deserve that chance at the beginning of the season.  Heck, spend that $10 million on a lineman for one season.  Would have been better spent.

Hoodie,

I don't think practice should matter, what should matter is the games.

Moore came into GAMES last season, and he got this team into the playoffs. 

I just don't get why people aren't satisfied with the job Moore did last season.

I don't even know where to start with this.  Have you ever moved into a new home, walked into a room full of boxes needing to be unpacked and have no clue where to start...?

Okay - one: 

Are you seriously comparing Matt Moore, a journeyman QB who has 28 starts under his belt to Tom Brady (before he was Tom Brady)? 

Bledsoe got hurt mid-season (1) and Brady was the back up (2).  The coaching staff for NE had an idea of what they may have in him (raw talent wise), the rest of the league has no idea.  The guy still came in and threw 12 picks. 

Matt Moore has been in the league since 2007.  He has 28 starts to his credit.  He is on this team for a specific reason, Tannehill going down in pre-season wasn't part of those plans.  Moore is a decent stop gap.  He's not "the guy" and the coaching staff doesn't need to see anything else to know that.  Moore has had chances to leave and hasn't, *he* knows what he is.  Exactly what you stated, Moore came in once Tannehill got hurt and kept the ship floating.  And the second Tannehill could stay upright, it was right back to Tannehill.

I like Moore, he's gritty.  Part of him reminds of Fielder.  And he couldn't hold Fielder's jock...and that's kind of sad.  Say what you will about Cutler, he gives the team the best chance to win best on what's available. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 06:03:43 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^

I don't understand this absurdity, and i never will.

You are analyzing a player NOT based on his performance on the field. 

All the stats clearly show that Moore gives this team the best chance to win.

If you want I can supply them for you, even though I have several times.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 11:04:03 pm »

"All the stats" show that Moore's ceiling - the absolute best he can play - is that of a .500 QB who does not have the talent to make a Pro Bowl.

Now, if the question was, "Which QB is less likely to lose 11 games?" I would agree, it's Matt Moore.  And if you also asked, "Which QB is less likely to win 11 games?" the answer is still Matt Moore.  Matt Moore will get you 6-9 wins, none of which does anything meaningful for the team.  Jay Cutler might get you more, or he might get you less.  But at least you have a chance to matter.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray