Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:35:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Gase/Ross and player protests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Gase/Ross and player protests  (Read 15216 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 06:30:16 pm »

I think it has already been well-established that you do not believe these protesters have a legitimate grievance.  That is exactly why I say it does not matter what form the protests take; whether it's kneeling, raising a fist, or staying in the locker room, objectors like you will continue to insist that these players should stop being troublemakers and shut up.

There cannot be a "non-divisive" way for the NFL to address protests about racially-motivated police brutality when a majority of NFL fans believe racially-motivated police brutality is insignificant (or outright non-existent) in this country.  The topic is inherently divisive: between those who believe the problem exists and those who do not.  And it is not less divisive to simply silence the former and acquiesce to the latter.
You do understand that It's the National Football League and not the National Protest League don't you? If you have  a problem, the correct course of action would be to address it in the proper forum with the proper people. That's how shit has somewhat of a chance to get fixed. But inconveniencing and harassing the wrong people isn't going to help the cause one bit. It's just going to make it worse. Are people so obtuse that they don't understand that?

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 06:41:23 pm »

You're missing the point...hopefully not intentionally, as that would be a bit rude.  The point is that they can't "just call ESPN" and have a TV market of umpty million viewers provided to them. At the start of an NFL game, that's what they've got.
The majority of whom don't give a shit and don't want to see the shit. Like I said earlier, don't steal an audience and hold them hostage when they don't want to listen to what you have to say. Go out and find your own audience. Better yet, if you want to preach your shit during the NFL. Pony up your fucking money to the network and buy you some airtime like the advertisers do.

In fact, that would solve this whole thing and it wouldn't bother me one bit. Stand for the anthem and keep politics out of the game. Then pay the exact same going rate the advertisers pays for airtime and play your message during commercial breaks. 

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 06:49:15 pm »

How can anyone consider taking a knee during the national anthem more offensive to our country than flying a flag of a group of terrorist who committed treason against the USA?
What does one have to do with the other? I'm sure that there are many people out there who simultaneously agree or disagree with both.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 08:11:11 pm »

Agree with most of what you said Spider, but here you are way off base. In this country when the flag is presented and the anthem played, if you are able you stand and pay your respects.
Up until about a year ago, kneeling would have been considered paying MORE respect than standing.

That's specifically why Kaep started kneeling in the first place (instead of sitting).  Kneeling is a form of showing respect in virtually every other context.  If Tim Tebow kneeled during the anthem no one would have said a word.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 08:13:11 pm »

You do understand that It's the National Football League and not the National Protest League don't you? If you have  a problem, the correct course of action would be to address it in the proper forum with the proper people. That's how shit has somewhat of a chance to get fixed. But inconveniencing and harassing the wrong people isn't going to help the cause one bit. It's just going to make it worse.
Gandhi and MLK showed that it works pretty well.  That's why people continue to do it.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 11:12:47 pm »

Up until about a year ago, kneeling would have been considered paying MORE respect than standing.

That's specifically why Kaep started kneeling in the first place (instead of sitting).  Kneeling is a form of showing respect in virtually every other context.  If Tim Tebow kneeled during the anthem no one would have said a word.

This is possibly the dumbest shit you've ever uttered on this board. And that's fucking saying something.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 12:11:20 am »

Up until about a year ago, kneeling would have been considered paying MORE respect than standing. That's specifically why Kaep started kneeling in the first place (instead of sitting).  Kneeling is a form of showing respect in virtually every other context.
Well in this context it's not. We stand for the flag and the playing of the anthem. Even the BBC knows this.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37208404
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:17:39 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 11:29:02 am »

It should be noted that several players were kneeling in respect (for personal reasons) for YEARS before Kap started his protest and this was never even remarked upon.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 04:24:18 pm »

But inconveniencing and harassing the wrong people isn't going to help the cause one bit.

If anyone has been inconvenienced or harassed by some football players quietly kneeling then those people need to see a therapist to work through their personal issues.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2017, 06:27:45 am »

If anyone has been inconvenienced or harassed by some football players quietly kneeling then those people need to see a therapist to work through their personal issues.
I was referring back to post #13 and Spiders comment about BLM, and the other "oh poor me" black people  protest groups. I would consider roving mobs of brainwashed hoodlums blocking roads, impeding traffic, shouting insults, and general disturbing of the peace to be "inconvenienced and harassed". Basically, lets bother Whitey until they give us what want. This is essentially the same thing. A bunch of millionares who who are acting like passive agressive children in order to get what they want from Whitey.

Like I said earlier, if they want an  audience on TV during an NFL game. Then they should pay the same going rate as the advertisers pay. If they were really serious about this, they would stop leaching off the NFL, owners, advertisers, fans, and pay their own way to get their message out. But instead we get grown up children with an entitlement mindset who want to throw a passive agressive tantrum to the very people that support their vastly overpaid salary and don't give a shit about their political opinions.  Good luck with that...

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2017, 07:54:55 am »

I was referring back to post #13 and Spiders comment about BLM, and the other "oh poor me" black people  protest groups. I would consider roving mobs of brainwashed hoodlums blocking roads, impeding traffic, shouting insults, and general disturbing of the peace to be "inconvenienced and harassed". Basically, lets bother Whitey until they give us what want. This is essentially the same thing. A bunch of millionares who who are acting like passive agressive children in order to get what they want from Whitey.

Like I said earlier, if they want an  audience on TV during an NFL game. Then they should pay the same going rate as the advertisers pay. If they were really serious about this, they would stop leaching off the NFL, owners, advertisers, fans, and pay their own way to get their message out. But instead we get grown up children with an entitlement mindset who want to throw a passive agressive tantrum to the very people that support their vastly overpaid salary and don't give a shit about their political opinions.  Good luck with that...

What you just wrote is so racist on every level and everything that is wrong with this country.

So if you are lucky enough to make lots of money you don't have the right to protest and nobody cares about your opinion? Unreal
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2017, 11:05:23 am »

What you just wrote is so racist on every level and everything that is wrong with this country.

So if you are lucky enough to make lots of money you don't have the right to protest and nobody cares about your opinion? Unreal
And what exactly would you define in my post as racist? Don't just throw out the race card. Please enlighten me, lets discuss your misunderstandings.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2017, 01:02:18 pm »

And what exactly would you define in my post as racist? Don't just throw out the race card. Please enlighten me, lets discuss your misunderstandings.

Using terms like "brandwished hoodlums," "oh poor me black people," and "Whitey". If that is how you view people its racist, I'm sorry. Thinking that people protresting are just wanting handouts from white people (your words not mine) it totally racist. Nobody wants a free handout they are just asking for equality.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2017, 01:25:16 pm »

Using terms like "brandwished hoodlums," "oh poor me black people," and "Whitey". If that is how you view people its racist, I'm sorry. Thinking that people protresting are just wanting handouts from white people (your words not mine) it totally racist. Nobody wants a free handout they are just asking for equality.
People who block traffic, shout hateful things, and harass people in the name of a problem that is not statistically significant are "brainwashed hoodlums" and "Oh poor me" groups. That includes BLM, Nazis/KKK, Antifa, Etc. If you would like to discuss those other groups, please feel free to start a thread and we'll discuss.

As far as "Whitey" goes. That's who these bogus protests are aimed at. If you can't see that, you're blind. Also, I never said anything about handouts.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2017, 01:50:57 pm »

People who block traffic, shout hateful things, and harass people in the name of a problem that is not statistically significant are "brainwashed hoodlums" and "Oh poor me" groups. That includes BLM, Nazis/KKK, Antifa, Etc. If you would like to discuss those other groups, please feel free to start a thread and we'll discuss.

As far as "Whitey" goes. That's who these bogus protests are aimed at. If you can't see that, you're blind. Also, I never said anything about handouts.

Have fun at the next Klan meeting. The fact you can't see the terms you are using such as "whitey" and "hoodlums" are code words for a racist I don't know what to tell you.

Good day!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray