Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:24:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Gase/Ross and player protests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Gase/Ross and player protests  (Read 15319 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »

I see you want to take this to the gutter and start with the personal attacks about "reading comprehension skills" and attack people here now.....a sign you know you lost the debate and have no leg to stand on. So you just parrot Trump and his views and now will start with the petty childish name-calling like Trump and act like him too.  Let me guess you are dressing up like Trump for Halloween too?

Your act and agenda is old and tired. You are talking in circles but if calling me names and saying I have low reading comprehension level makes you feel better to prop yourself up, go for it champ.
I'm not calling you anything. I'm simply pointing out that you don't seem to be reading and/or comprehending my posts. To help you, I reposted the relevant portions of my post and highlighted the words that you either willfully ignored in your attempt to twist or didn't understand. And yet you still didn't address the fact that you twisted my words. Be a man and admit you were wrong.

Furthermore, you only complained that your feelings were hurt because you were caught spinning and twisting. You addressed nothing that has to do with my this topic or my reply.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2017, 04:26:42 pm »

AGAIN...

The consumer's haven't changed anything as there are no mandates that the players "must stand" for the national anthem and players are still kneeling every week. So the business direction hasn't changed one bit and this whole story is a lot to do about nothing.
Not yet it hasn't changed direction. However, I don't know what's going to happen with this whole situation and neither do you. We'll let it play out and see. I do know that the NFL, team owners, and a few select players had a meeting about it this week. And if they had a meeting there must be a problem somewhere. And I'm fairly sure that it won't be the last meeting about this issue, but we'll see.

Maybe, just maybe, eventually those top 1% evil billionaires in the NFL and team owners will have to pick between maximizing their business profits OR their employees political and social opinions. Hmmmm, I wonder what they will do? The NBA doesn't seem to have this problem, do they?

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2017, 07:34:28 pm »

. To help you,

You are the one that needs help.....clearly! You are coming off like a lunatic in this thread and sadly can't see it. Contradicting yourself, posting false information, creating a narrative then coming out against it.

Have a nice night.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2017, 07:48:16 pm »

pondwater, why do you keep citing the NBA?  That league has players wearing t-shirts supporting BLM and head coaches loudly denouncing Trump.  The NBA is FAR more political (and liberal!) than the NFL.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2017, 07:54:36 pm »

You are the one that needs help.....clearly! You are coming off like a lunatic in this thread and sadly can't see it. Contradicting yourself, posting false information, creating a narrative then coming out against it.

Have a nice night.
Thanks, my nights are always nice. Anyhow, it seems that you can't have a simple conversation. Again you are making the topic about me instead of the topic of the thread. Your passive-aggressive attempts of deflecting from the topic highlight how desperate you are to be "right".

Here's a hint. No one's right, political and social opinions are all bullshit. I'm not right. You're not right. We simply disagree on the topic at hand. When and if you ever get you emotions in check, maybe you'll be able to have a simple conversation and agree to disagree. Until then, good luck Wink

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2017, 08:05:16 pm »

pondwater, why do you keep citing the NBA?  That league has players wearing t-shirts supporting BLM and head coaches loudly denouncing Trump.  The NBA is FAR more political (and liberal!) than the NFL.
I can't be sure and don't want to go back through this whole thread. But I think that I brought up the NBA one time and reposted it in an attempt to get Baby Booea to reply to the actual topic. But it really doesn't matter.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I didn't think we were talking about players wearing t-shirts supporting BLM, head coaches loudly denouncing Trump, or how liberal anyone is. I don't give a shit about any of that stuff. I'm specifically discussing the current protesting situation in the NFL. The NBA currently doesn't have that problem. I wonder why?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2017, 08:35:53 pm »

The NBA hasn't had that problem because they have been in the offseason while most of this uproar has been going on.  Their season literally started yesterday.

To say that this discussion is solely about players protesting is a mischaracterization of this thread, in which multiple people (including you) have talked about overpoliticization of sports, television ratings, who the real owners of a team are, the responsibility of NFL media partners and their employees, the validity of the protesters' cause, etc.  Even in the post I responded to, you spoke of NFL owners "maximizing their business profits," which has more to do with television ratings and ticketed attendance than it does with the anthem.

So if we are going to talk about how to maximize profits, is the NFL better than the NBA, or worse?  What does the answer to that question say about each league's approach to the smaller issue of anthem protests and larger issue of political activism in general?

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2017, 05:55:23 am »

The NBA hasn't had that problem because they have been in the offseason while most of this uproar has been going on.  Their season literally started yesterday.

To say that this discussion is solely about players protesting is a mischaracterization of this thread, in which multiple people (including you) have talked about overpoliticization of sports, television ratings, who the real owners of a team are, the responsibility of NFL media partners and their employees, the validity of the protesters' cause, etc.  Even in the post I responded to, you spoke of NFL owners "maximizing their business profits," which has more to do with television ratings and ticketed attendance than it does with the anthem.

So if we are going to talk about how to maximize profits, is the NFL better than the NBA, or worse?  What does the answer to that question say about each league's approach to the smaller issue of anthem protests and larger issue of political activism in general?
The point I was making is that the NBA doesn't have this problem simply because they have existing rule that everyone is required to stand for the national anthem. That is exactly what the NFL should do if they plan on maximizing their profits. I don't hear people complaining that the NBA actually has a rule requiring people to stand. Even if they did, I doubt that the NBA cares. I don't watch basketball, but they are smart for protecting their business interests. The NFL is a business, not a social/political organization and will eventually have a decision to make instead of straddling the line and playing both sides.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2017, 07:12:31 am »

And to prove Pondwater wrong (AGAIN) this just happened last night.  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justine-skye-takes-knee-brooklyn-nets_us_59eafce9e4b0958c46824570?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Yeah the NBA doesn't have a problem though... Roll Eyes
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2017, 11:30:43 am »

And to prove Pondwater wrong (AGAIN) this just happened last night.  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justine-skye-takes-knee-brooklyn-nets_us_59eafce9e4b0958c46824570?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Yeah the NBA doesn't have a problem though... Roll Eyes
Huffingtonpost? You're silly, you haven't proven anything. That's a singer, not a player. No one knew she was going to do that beforehand and if they did she wouldn't have been allowed to sing. Here is a quote from your source that supposedly proves me wrong. It actually proves you wrong in your desperate attempt to prove me wrong, how ironic.

The National Basketball Association has ruled that players, coaches and trainers must stand during the anthem. It is yet to comment on Friday’s incident.

A Nets spokeswoman said the team recognized that Skye had “kneeled briefly” but had not been aware “that she was going to do so,” reports ABC News.

Again, a singer is not bound by the rules of the NBA. If it had been a player, they would have been in violation of the rules and subject to league and/or team actions. Why don't you waste your weekend and scour the web to prove me wrong some more. If nothing else, this is entertaining, LMFAO......

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2017, 12:59:03 pm »

Huffingtonpost? You're silly, you haven't proven anything.

So because the Huffington Post reported this story (as did many other outlets)  it didn't happen? The video of her taking a knee didn't happen...LOL. Oh my god you are such a Trump parrot its sad. Just because you don't like the story and it blows up your entire stance and proves you wrong, doesn't mean this really didn't happen or the story is "fake."

And FYI: It happened at an NBA game so its an NBA problem whether its a singer or player. And the fact nobody knew beforehand means nothing either.

Nobody is wasting any weekend searching for anything to prove you wrong. I came across the story this morning and decided to come here and post a link to it. That's all, not wasting more than 3 seconds to prove you to be wrong or a clown. You did a great job of that all week and do not need help from anyone here in that arena. And the fact you are taking shots at me with your not so snappy comebacks and not so funny one-liners, proved you lost this debate and want to be Trump Jr with the insults and not seriously debate a topic which you clearly have already lost.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:00:37 pm by Baba Booey » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2017, 04:20:07 pm »

Huffpost is just as bad as Fox news. 
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2017, 05:51:24 pm »

Less about the article and more about the video in the story. Unless you are denying the event actually happened and the video is fake  Roll Eyes
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2017, 10:11:06 pm »

Less about the article and more about the video in the story. Unless you are denying the event actually happened and the video is fake  Roll Eyes
naw, just I hate huffpost bias.  Foxnews too, but that's common knowledge right?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2017, 08:53:35 am »

Almost, but not quite. Huffington Post at least "occasionally" criticizes the folks on the left, while Fox is pretty much state-run TV at this point. I try occasionally to tune in Fox News, just to hear what they're feeding to the right, but I never make it more than 5-6 minutes before I have to turn away. I kept expecting to hear some Starship Troopers propaganda come across "Service equals Citizenship...would you like to know more?"

With Huffington Post, after 5-6 minutes of browsing, I come away thinking "Quit whining already, ya liberal pussies!"

CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC and a few others seem "middle" enough to suit me....

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray