Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:47:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Harvey Weinstein and asking people about their monster friends
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein and asking people about their monster friends  (Read 2236 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:47:51 am »

So, to catch you up, the basic story is that Harvey Weinstein, big-wig movie producer was accused of sexual assault.  Then, kinda like Bill Cosby, a bunch of stories started surfacing of people who were harassed or assaulted but couldn't risk their career by exposing him.  Now, the accusations are of outright rape.

So, Weinstein appears to be a scumbag that's been doing horrible crap for a long, long time, but was too powerful to be exposed.

What I find kinda unfair is how we tend to go up to anyone who has been close to him and demand a response or explanation of his behavior.  These are his friends and colleagues, probably who don't have the story, and are asked to comment off-the-cuff.  Anything short of calling him a monster on the spot is met with harsh criticism.

We saw the same thing will Bill Cosby -- people who were mentored by him, actors that made their careers around him, etc -- we were quick to throw them under the bus for harboring a rapist.  Lots of these reports say things like "Quentin Tarantino has been noticeably silent in all of this."

I just think about if this were me.  If allegations came out rapidly about someone I considered a friend, I probably wouldn't jump to discarding them as a person before speaking to them, or at least letting the story come out.  Or if I were accused of something screwed up, I'd hope that my friends would at least let the story come out before throwing me out.

Just a thought...

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:13:44 pm »

Breaking News:  Dave discovers that the media likes to generates issues to just to have a news story.

/sarcasm 

I am not the least bit surprised that when it is discovered that a famous person is discovered to have done something horrible we ask other famous people about it, because asking famous people about everything is kinda the media's thing. 

Assuming I did nothing to enable such behavior nor knew about it, my response would be something to effect of.....

I have known Dave for many years and consider him a friend.   In all that time I never suspected he had a fetish for having sex with armadillos and while I certainly don't support or condone such behavior and I have heard the allegations at this point they are merely allegations.  I am not claiming that those leveling the allegations are lying but I am not going to condemn my friend before he is given a chance to defend himself.  And while I have no specific reason not to believe that this particular allegation, false allegation of armadillo bestiality are far from unheard of so like our jurisprudence  says I am going to presume him innocent unless proven guilty. I want to be clear about three things:  First, I consider armadillo bestiality to be a horrible crime and I feel bad for any armadillo that has been a victim no matter who the perpetrator has been and strongly condemn such behavior.   Second, I consider Dave a friend whether the allegations are true of not, it won't change the kindness and warmth he has shown me over the years.  Third, Dave has not had an opportunity to respond to the allegations and he should be afforded that before any of rush to judgement. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 01:23:18 pm »

The armadillo was asking for it. Did you see how it was acting?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:05:07 am »

I think we're way past just allegations with Dave and the armadillos. I think however rather than shunning him, we should get together and get him the help he so desperately needs.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 11:18:49 am »

Personally,I'm tired of the being shocked,outraged when we hear some rich guy (most cases white rich guy) abused his power to rape & pillage,coerced people to do things illegal,etc.etc.I'm even more frustrated by the coverage of it,So,and So has suddenly said this, and These people are doing this,etc(As Dave's point of this thread seems to be).

IMO we have too many more important issues that need immediate attention,(Houston,Florida,Puerto Rico,California,N.Korea,Donnie Dumbfuck quest kill us all,Etc)

I'm not trying to minimize what's happened,rapes,inappropriate behavior,or saying he should get away with it...

Dave,likes the Armadillos? really...
Does he seem a little too down about them when he sees one as roadkill,or in a Taxidermist place,or that he makes secret trips to the zoo...

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 11:27:29 am »

I think that the real story here isn't about sexual assault, so much as about how the powerful are shielded and propped up.  It's more about how many people knew about this but couldn't speak out because the system would have them ostracized.

A dude being a scumbag isn't a surprise.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:44 pm »

The armadillo was asking for it. Did you see how it was acting?

Not to mention what it was wearing.  It had that whole sexy hard shell thing going on.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:11 pm »

There's a few more stories here if you ask me.

#1 I wonder how many ladies are not throwing him under the bus because they accepted his proposals? I mean he had to be successful to keep trying it as openly as he did.

#2  It's always been known Hollywood has a casting couch. Who else hasn't been thrown under the bus yet?

#3 There have always been rumors of underage sex with boys and girls to get movies. The two Corey's were big into talking about that. I wonder if any of those people will be outed?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:21 pm »

All this talk about armadillos...did someone raise the thermostat in here?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 02:57:52 pm »

There's a few more stories here if you ask me.

#1 I wonder how many ladies are not throwing him under the bus because they accepted his proposals? I mean he had to be successful to keep trying it as openly as he did.
Selma Blair and Rachel McAdams turned down James Tobek while auditioning for Harvard Man. The role went to Sarah Michelle Gellar. Rumor has it Buffy the Vampire slayer might have taken him up on his offer.

#2  It's always been known Hollywood has a casting couch. Who else hasn't been thrown under the bus yet?
the names continue to come in on a daily basis. Yesterday was Jeremy Piven  and today is Dustin Hoffman and Rush Hour director Brett Ratner.

#3 There have always been rumors of underage sex with boys and girls to get movies. The two Corey's were big into talking about that. I wonder if any of those people will be outed?
Kevin Spacey anyone? There will be many more.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:01:39 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 03:09:35 pm »

I knew about Ratner for years.  He was a known scumbag going way back.  Olivia Munn used to talk about it.  There were rumors about Spacey circling, but never about someone so young -- it was all gay stuff -- propositioning straight, drunk men.

There are several like this in the film criticism community that has surfaced, as well. 

This is good -- this needs to happen.  Too much power for too long, in the hands of people too powerful to be stopped.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray