Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:28:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Thread I started to try to install jealousy and amazement on this board
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Thread I started to try to install jealousy and amazement on this board  (Read 2581 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 13, 2017, 08:59:16 pm »

What is the most you have ever won on a scratch ticket?

$100

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 04:26:56 pm »

I've never played enough to get anything substantial. Getting my money back seems about the best I've done in my limited effort.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:50:36 pm »

I don't play the lottery that often, and definitely try to avoid playing the instant loser tickets, but I'd guess $17.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 09:24:39 am »

I've won $500 twice and $100 several times but most of the time I'm on the losing end. Depending on the week I spend anywhere between $50 -$100 on lottery tickets.  I never really get ahead.

They make a ton of money by having the small winnings. If you spend $10 and win $5 they know that you'll most likely spend that $5 trying to get more. In the end you lose the whole $10. Even people that win $20 on a $10 ticket will most likely by more tickets until it's gone. The lottery is pretty much a donation as most people will never get ahead.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 12:54:39 pm »

I don't play, because I understand it's essentially a math tax.  Over the years, I've done one here or there or gotten some as gifts.  I've probably won 10-15 bucks once.

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 01:23:45 pm »

I bought one ticket when I turned 18 and won $500.00.  I figured there wasn't much way to cap that, never played again.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 03:20:28 pm »

CF, are you saying you spend $50-100 each week on the lottery?  That seems like quite a lot of money if you also believe "the lottery is pretty much a donation".

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 06:57:06 pm »

CF, are you saying you spend $50-100 each week on the lottery?  That seems like quite a lot of money if you also believe "the lottery is pretty much a donation".

I suspect that includes the winning sums he just puts back in. That amount is chump change for some of the people I see.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 07:23:30 pm »

To me, an average of $300+/month on the lottery seems insane.

I'm not saying I never play... when there is one of the huge jackpots, I'll normally buy 5-10 tickets with my "significant numbers."  (so, maybe once every year or so)  But I do not permit myself to buy lotto tix on any day except the day immediately after a drawing.  I figure that I am paying for the ability to fantasize about what I would do if I win, and so buying on the day after a drawing maximizes the time (per dollar) I am able to hope that I am holding a winning ticket.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:28:11 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 09:36:49 am »

Yes. It's an idiot tax and I pay it.  I rarely ever played, like once or twice a year maybe, and then hit $500 a couple of years ago.  Since then I've been trying to hit the big one. I typically play $20 on Friday and then $5-10 a day during other days. Anything I win I dump back into it but I wouldn't count that. As well ... sometimes I can play several days on winnings but it still ends up being a loss as I end up losing it all.

The only way to win is to play once, win, and walk away. Otherwise you just play until you lose it.  I know guys who lose as much as $15,000 on a weekend (they also win big). I could never do that but then again, I don't have the means to spend that much.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 12:42:12 pm »

EVen if I were in a position to spend money regularly on the lottery, I'm not physically in a place to buy a ticket several times a week.  Where are you buying these tickets daily?  Gas stations and stuff?

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 01:15:39 pm »

I've never been a regular lottery player,gambler...I just can't afford to play...On those crazy ass 500 mil dollar jackpots,I might spend $5.For me,I'd rather put that money towards medical bills, rainy day fund when the shit hit the fan fund.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 01:20:55 pm »

On a copy-editor note... I think "Instill" would have worked better than "Install" in the subject header. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 01:44:30 pm »

EVen if I were in a position to spend money regularly on the lottery, I'm not physically in a place to buy a ticket several times a week.  Where are you buying these tickets daily?  Gas stations and stuff?

Yes. I work out of my truck these days so I spend a lot of times there for bathroom breaks and coffee.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 02:02:53 pm »

On a copy-editor note... I think "Instill" would have worked better than "Install" in the subject header. Wink

Install jealousy.exe
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray