Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Can we please stop pumping up the defense now please?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can we please stop pumping up the defense now please?  (Read 3758 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 22, 2017, 01:43:08 pm »

Because they BLOW!!!

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 02:58:43 pm »

Keep it in the Anti fins section.  Couldn't disagree with you more, it's one game.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 05:23:55 pm »

Keep it in the Anti fins section.  Couldn't disagree with you more, it's one game.
Everytime the media starts talking about how good they are they have a game like this one. Miami NEEDS to be reminded that they have a LONG way to go before they are good, not told how good they are. It goes straight to their heads.

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 11:06:59 pm »

The Secondary makes me cringe at times.  But The defense is what been keeping the games alive. Honestly if i was not for the defense Miami would be 2- 4  and not 4-2

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:53:01 am »

Let's be realistic for a minute. The Dolphins D held the Jets to 21 points. The last touchdown was a given to the Jets by the Dolphins OFFENSE. Sure, it wasn't the bast game and Tankersley got beat a few times, as did Alonso on one of the Jets' touchdowns, but it wasn't as bad as it felt.

The D held the Jets to only a single touchdown (and no field goals) in the second half and that td came on a drive the Jets started on the Dolphins half of the field!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 05:50:20 pm »

Because they BLOW!!!

I wouldn't say they blow, nor would I say they are great. BUT, given the injuries they suffered, and  some youthful players, they are doing much better than I expected.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 11:12:57 pm »

They got ran over tonight by Baltimore. Baltimore. Let that sink in a second. They are just not very good. It's very fashionable to say how bad the offense is, but the defense is not much better. Every once in a while the offense and defense look average and they win a game 21-20. The rest of the time it's a blowout where neither side looks that great. I've said it before, it's really not that great to give up 15 points when your offense scores zero. It's great to give up 15 when your offense scores 30. Miami's D tends to give up 15 only when they lose, not when they win.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:15:56 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 11:42:38 pm »

Miami's D tends to give up 15 only when they lose, not when they win.
MIA is 4-3, every win has been close, and every loss has been a blowout.  So your statement doesn't really make sense.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 05:38:22 pm »

IMO This (defense especially) is a bunch of high paid free agents,They are good players individually,but they don't play well as a team for the entire game.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 08:33:26 am »

Miami's defense isn't very good.  It doesn't take a student of the game to understand this.  The basic stats show this with giving up almost 25 points a game and 350 yards PG.  They surrender an average of 5.7 yards to the offense on 1st downs; that's really bad.  Miami is never putting anyone into long yard situations on 3rd, they are in decent situations after one play. 

Stat wise they are "middle of the road."  But "stat wise" the Patriots are dead last in team defense. 

Which defense would you rather have right now?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:30 am »

The defense Has been very mediocre/ terrible at times. SUH has to be shaking his head. Tired of defending this team now.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 02:41:43 pm »

IMO This (defense especially) is a bunch of high paid free agents,They are good players individually,but they don't play well as a team for the entire game.

This is what I was thinking last night watching them play against Carolina, instead of a swarm to tackle like Carolina, it was one Dolphin missing a tackle and the Carolina player picking up additional yardage.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray