Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:51:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What are you watching - 10/27/2017 - Cord Cutting Edition
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching - 10/27/2017 - Cord Cutting Edition  (Read 5399 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 05:05:43 pm »

I'm surprised that you found Ozark predictable.  I really couldn't tell where it was going most of the time.  I did have a logic issue or two with that show, but otherwise liked it very much.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 10:39:38 am »

Again I only watched 1 episode,and I was far from 100% in what I thought would happen....

My Mom actually made the comment of the night on the show...She said,It's far less of a culture shock moving from Chicago to Lake of the Ozarks in 2016-17 than when she moved to the area in the mid 70's.(We didn't move straight from Chicago to here)

WARNING*****OZARK 1st episode Spoilers ahead***

Essentially (not all at once,but before it all happened,I'll string it together for a shorter response here) I said Bateman will learn that his business partner was stealing money from drug dealers,then he will find out his wife is having an affair,kill his wife's lover,and run to lake of the Ozarks with the drug dealers money.Also with the scene with the prostitute,I called B.S seconds into her talking...

The wife was having the affair,the drug dealer killed his business partner,his wife's lover,and let Bateman go to clean the money in the lake of the Ozarks..
***End Spoilers***

Again,I know the show could be totally different,but not being a fan of Bateman, they aren't going to kill him,the type of show it is, I had ZERO interest in watching it in the 1st place....

You guy's kill me... Cheesy
Wife =My +1 to most events Lesbian best friend
Bed buddy = Estranged mother of 3 kids,temporarily in my life...Who my wife actually introduced me too in around and about way

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 02:58:10 am »

Supernatural - still freakin' awesome. Stick with it B, good stuff, especially seasons 1-5.

The Orville - Pleasantly surprised, nice mix of comedy and sci-fi.

Timeless - Currently in between seasons, but damn, the show reeled me in immediately. Loved it, can't wait for season 2.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 07:12:35 am »

Finished Mindhunter.  It's super slow, but I really enjoyed it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 09:17:03 am »

The Orville - Pleasantly surprised, nice mix of comedy and sci-fi.

I have enjoyed what I've seen from this show, but the comedy is an afterthought.  It doesn't even need it.  The sci-fi stuff is the better part of the show.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 09:47:45 am »

I watched the first two episodes of Orville, and it was OK, but I put it on the shelf until I get caught up on a few other shows. In the past few weeks, I've gotten caught up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Gotham, Star Trek: Discovery and Mindhunter. I'm going to catch up on Flash & Arrow next, but will probably get back to Orville after that.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 10:51:53 am »

I'm so glad to have rid myself of these superhero shows.  I used to watch Gotham (which I hear it good again), but also Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, The Flash, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage...

I couldn't keep up.  Of those, I will likely watch another season of Daredevil, but I just don't give a crap anymore.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 11:07:01 am »

^^^ If they had continued Agent Carter, that would have been at the top of my list...I loved that show.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 11:17:05 am »

My favorite thing about Agent Carter was how brief it was.  It was good, got in, got out.  No need for more of it, in my opinion.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »

^^^ If they had continued Agent Carter, that would have been at the top of my list...I loved that show.

Yeah, I really liked Agent Carter as well. 

I'm so glad to have rid myself of these superhero shows.  I used to watch Gotham (which I hear it good again), but also Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, The Flash, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage...

I couldn't keep up.  Of those, I will likely watch another season of Daredevil, but I just don't give a crap anymore.

Gotham did get pretty good again.  The 2 or 3 episode arc with the Joker was really good, and they had a more comic book take on Ra's al Ghul.  Agents of SHIELD is about to introduce SWORD.  The Flash is getting more Flash-like, and away from the Dawson's Creek drama it used to be.  They introduced Elongated Man, who acts more like Plastic Man...he brings a good amount of humor to the show.  Will you watch The Punisher when it airs in a couple of weeks Dave?

To add to my list, watching the Office again from the beginning.  There was so much humor I missed the first time around.  What a great show.
Tried getting into the latest season of Trailer Park Boys.  That is probably my favorite show of all time, but this last season is just not that good.

Powering through Inhumans, because it takes an inhuman effort to watch that show...ugh.  Another one I'll keep watching and ask myself at the end of the season why I wasted my time.

We watched the first two episodes of The Sinner...really weird, I don't know what to think just yet.  I think it's trying to have these unpredictable twists, but I'm seeing them a mile away.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:02:07 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 01:07:31 pm »

^^^ Yeah, add Inhumans and The Gifted to the freaky sci-fi shows I'm caught up on now.  Agreed...Inhumans is fairly much garbage, but it looks like it has some potential. Maybe I'm just kidding myself. Wink  The Gifted is a little better, but both of these shows are currently at the bottom of my TV priority list.

~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 01:15:38 pm »

^^^ Yeah, add Inhumans and The Gifted to the freaky sci-fi shows I'm caught up on now.  Agreed...Inhumans is fairly much garbage, but it looks like it has some potential. Maybe I'm just kidding myself. Wink  The Gifted is a little better, but both of these shows are currently at the bottom of my TV priority list.
Forgot about The Gifted....yeah caught up on that one too...it's decent.  Mutants are hit or miss.  Polaris, Blink and Proudstar are good...Eclipse and the teenage boy that earthquakes shit are pretty bad.  They need to get real sentinels (the big giant robot ones) though, it would make the show better.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:20:05 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 01:29:30 pm »

Will you watch The Punisher when it airs in a couple of weeks Dave?

I really don't know.  I loved Daredevil.

But I didn't get through Jessica Jones. ...not that it was bad, but I just didn't really find myself carving out the time.  I only watched one episode of Luke Cage.  I watched none of Iron Fist, because I heard it was terrible.  And I've not watched the Defenders.

If I hear that Punisher is groundbreaking, then I'll check it out, but now that I've abandoned all hope at being a completionist, I have no issue with skipping it.  The character was moderately interesting on Daredevil.

I think that Marvel kinda screwed the pooch in terms of oversaturation.  There's just too much content to care about it, so it makes it too easy not to care about any of it.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 06:37:12 pm »

Tried getting into the latest season of Trailer Park Boys.  That is probably my favorite show of all time, but this last season is just not that good.

I quit after just a few of the latest episodes. It felt stale to me after watching it for so many years.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 12:01:06 pm »

I'm curious to see the Netflix limited series Godless...(I binge watched Every episode of Newsroom,and Downton Abbey earlier this year,and Godless stars Jeff Daniels,and Michelle Dockery from both those series...)

I'm almost through Season 1 of Supernatural,the last couple were creepy as fuck,but cool...

I'll probably pause the binging of Supernatural to watch Godless..

Slight hijack- Local news did a story the Character Dustin in Stranger things 2 was spotted wearing a Yellow t-shirt,that has been given out by local Orthodontist for the past 35 years..Kind of cool IMO...http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/stranger-thing-character-reps-springfield-business/853889825

(Modified to fix link,beware video auto plays on the story.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:17:56 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray