Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:53:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  According to La Canfora Dolphins prepare to move on from Suh
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: According to La Canfora Dolphins prepare to move on from Suh  (Read 3917 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: October 29, 2017, 11:07:19 am »

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/10/dolphins-prepared-to-move-on-from-ndamukong-suh

Dolphins deny this report...
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article181567036.html

IMO,I didn't like the signing,so yeah I'm fine with it.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 12:17:05 pm »

Money can be better used elsewhere, team has many holes.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 12:37:38 pm »

Story is 100% false from all reports this morning. Dolphins are pissed at the story and are saying Suh will be on this team next year
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 04:33:50 pm »

Team could be pissed because their plans leaked.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 05:13:34 pm »

Story is 100% false from all reports this morning. Dolphins are pissed at the story and are saying Suh will be on this team next year

Agreed.  Unless that Tannen"bum" is leaking this shit.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 05:50:58 pm »

I seriously doubt either the report (that Suh will not be on the team next year) nor the denial (that he will be) is correct. Once the season is over every player on the roster will be evaluated.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 07:32:44 pm »

When the story that Landry was on the trade block and Miami was listening to offers this past August was out there the team said its 100% false and he wasn't on the market and they were pissed then.  The team has a better track record of NOT LYING on this stuff than the reporters do of these "stories" from their "sources"
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 11:48:21 am »

When the story that Landry was on the trade block and Miami was listening to offers this past August was out there the team said its 100% false and he wasn't on the market and they were pissed then.  The team has a better track record of NOT LYING on this stuff than the reporters do of these "stories" from their "sources"
*Like*
The media is definitely in the business of shocking people for news and most of the times the "inside" information turns out to be false.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 11:56:09 am »

*Like*
The media is definitely in the business of shocking people for news and most of the times the "inside" information turns out to be false.
Suh, "chokes" (over embellished, he pushed him by the neck and didn't even knock him down) Mallet, and the media has to jump all over it like MIA is going to cut him or trade him, only because he had a track record in Detroit (just to point out, he hasn't been all that bad with personal fouls since being in MIA).  I really don't think MIA gives a fuck about it to be honest, just the media being the media.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 12:08:01 pm »

Plus if LaCanfora or any other reporter took 3 seconds to look at Suh's contract they would see it makes no sense to cut him after this year. But after 2018 or 2019 it is more feasible for Miami to move on should they want too.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 01:38:55 pm »

The story wasn't that the were shopping Landry, it was that the had listened to offers. I still say it is true because what kind of front office would not listen?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 01:48:28 pm »

The story wasn't that the were shopping Landry, it was that the had listened to offers. I still say it is true because what kind of front office would not listen?
The kind that knows that "listening to offers" means a player is available for trade.

If someone calls up GB and offers them 3 first-round picks for Rodgers (which is rejected), that would not be reported as "listening to offers."  "Listening to offers" means there is a price and the offer didn't reach it.  If there is a price, then that means that player is not an integral part of your long-term plans.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »

Everything and everyone has a price.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »

That's simply not true.  GB would not accept any trade for Rodgers.  NE would not have accepted any trade for Brady 10 years ago.  MIA would not have accepted any trade for Marino in 1987, etc.

Within the structure of the NFL (salary cap, roster maximum, etc), there is a practical limit to the value you can receive in any one trade.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:25:52 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2017, 08:48:09 pm »

Are you seriously trying to say Landry is of that caliber? Your examples are a rare extreme
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray