Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:01:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  According to La Canfora Dolphins prepare to move on from Suh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: According to La Canfora Dolphins prepare to move on from Suh  (Read 3911 times)
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 08:53:50 pm »

Are you seriously trying to say Landry is of that caliber? Your examples are a rare extreme

No his point is your failure to understand Miami wasn't shopping Landry in Aug/Sep no matter how you try to spin it that they were
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 12:06:02 am »

Are you seriously trying to say Landry is of that caliber?
No, I'm saying that the statement "Everything and everyone has a price" is false (some players do not), and that if you are entertaining offers for a player, that means said player's role in your team's long-term future is negotiable.

That's my point:  admitting that you are listening to offers is itself a statement on your perceived value of your player.  And unless you are trying to get teams to compete in the bidding, there is very little value in making that admission.  Just say "We are not listening to offers" and then if DEN calls up and offers you Von Miller, you're not listening to offers, you are accepting one.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 10:28:55 am »

Before the Ajayi trade I would have said  there is no way in hell the Dolphins trade their best player. However, now that they've traded their second or third best player for a lousy 4th, I can believe anything.

f***************ck
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 01:04:07 pm »

Story is 100% false from all reports this morning. Dolphins are pissed at the story and are saying Suh will be on this team next year

It's La Canfora.  He creates less than credible rumors for click bait

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 04:16:50 pm »

Just wait and see the lowball offer or no attempt at all to resign Landry and then come at me with your stories of his future with the team or how they didn't listen to offers because it makes so much sense to have him leave for nothing.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 04:26:34 pm »

It's the whole reason why I posted the Dolphins response (after I saw it),and mention Jason La canfora in the title...A blind squirrel does find a nut every once in awhile...

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 08:00:16 pm »

Just wait and see the lowball offer or no attempt at all to resign Landry and then come at me with your stories of his future with the team or how they didn't listen to offers because it makes so much sense to have him leave for nothing.

When it's your player, you have options.  MIA could put the non-exclusive franchise tag on Landry; no one is dumb enough to give up 2 firsts to get him, and if they did, it's worth it.  Or MIA could put the transition tag on him and have right to match, which will let you know exactly what the market for him is.

That is the real value in what SF traded for when they got Jimmy G from NE.  You aren't trading for half a season, you're trading for franchise tag rights.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 03:40:08 pm »

Regarding Suh, I would think quite the opposite from "moving on" from him.  He still commits the dumb penalties from time to time, but the guy never ever lets up.  He goes 100% all the time.  He is dominant at his position and works hard.  Seems like that is the kind of guy you want around to perform and to be a mentor to others.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 04:37:49 pm »

Regarding Suh, I would think quite the opposite from "moving on" from him.  He still commits the dumb penalties from time to time, but the guy never ever lets up.  He goes 100% all the time.  He is dominant at his position and works hard.  Seems like that is the kind of guy you want around to perform and to be a mentor to others.
I've never had an issue with Suh, even when he was dirty in Detroit.  I like having a grade A asshole on my team in a postion like that.  Take into account, you have the polar opposite in Gerald McCoy, drafted right after Suh that year.  McCoy is as nice a guy there is.  Who would you rather have on your team?  If you say anything other than Suh you are lying to yourself.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray