Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:42:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Pats trade JimmyG to 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Pats trade JimmyG to 49ers  (Read 17222 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2017, 08:01:14 pm »

Alright, Jimmy G is now 3-0 as a starter, and I've adjusted my GOAT QB rankings to reflect the obvious awesomeness of Jimmy G's game.

Greatest QB of All Time List

#1) Garoppolo
#2) Joe Montana
#3) Tom Brady

Wink   Roll Eyes   Evil

He is 5-0 as a starter.  By the only measure that would earn Jimmy the number one spot, the list would be....

1. Jimmy
2 Otto Graham
3 Brady
4 Lamonica
5 Staubach
6 Montana

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 09:30:32 am »

Alright, Jimmy G is now 3-0 as a starter, and I've adjusted my GOAT QB rankings to reflect the obvious awesomeness of Jimmy G's game.

Greatest QB of All Time List

#1) Garoppolo
#2) Joe Montana
#3) Tom Brady

Wink   Roll Eyes   Evil

If you're John Lynch, where do you go from here?  Do you franchise tag him and see what you have for a full season or do you try to lock him in to a long term deal right now?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 10:45:31 am »

John Lynch is looking more and more intelligent every week!

Today's special is Crow, roasted in an apricot and tomato chutney, with fava beans...and a nice Chianti (f-f-f-f-f):

So the San Francisco 49ers hired John Lynch to be their GM. Lynch has never worked in a front office before. I see this as another disaster for a once strong franchise. It isn't too late to be a full time Dolphins guy Stroke.

Smart head coach + moron GM = losing seasons and fired head coach.

Matt Millen 2.0

[Matt Millen 2.0] This has been a common assessment.

Some more optimistic fans have compared this to John Elway; however, John Elway was the owner of a (championship-winning) AFL team for 6 years.  He also has an extensive business background, owning many car dealerships and restaurants.

Immediately following his retirement from the NFL, John Lynch was hired as a color commentator.  That has been his job for the last 9 years.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 10:47:20 am »

If you're John Lynch, where do you go from here?  Do you franchise tag him and see what you have for a full season or do you try to lock him in to a long term deal right now?

I think they try to work out the long-term this offseason, but if it doesn't get done, the tag is a nice fallback position.  That said, the 49ers have a Greek boatload of cap space, so I'd wager that the deal gets done in pretty short order.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 11:59:24 am »

I don't know if I would be touting the superior acumen of a GM who fielded a roster that started 0-9 and is on track to win 4 games, solely because he made the groundbreaking decision to sign Tom Brady's backup.  Maybe that's me.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:01:16 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 12:45:52 pm »

I don't know if I would be touting the superior acumen of a GM who fielded a roster that started 0-9 and is on track to win 4 games, solely because he made the groundbreaking decision to sign Tom Brady's backup.  Maybe that's me.

He also drafted some young talent that is poised to blossom in the years to come and totally fleeced the Bears in the Mitchell Trubisky trade up. 

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 01:00:02 pm »

Anything that is inherently anti-49ers is you. It is known...

He also drafted some young talent that is poised to blossom in the years to come and totally fleeced the Bears in the Mitchell Trubisky trade up. 

Indeed...his draft picks are looking very impressive early. Three last areas to hit with the new talent stick...OG, cover corner and maybe one big fat fucker to stuff the middle runs.

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 01:10:31 pm »

Makes sense for both parties to sign a long term deal with guaranteed money equal around 1.5x the franchise tag.  If Jimmy turns out to be the answer you don't want to have to apply a second tag.  JG should want a deal that means that if he struggles but doesn't absolutely suck, he will have a second year to prove himself in the same offense. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 01:37:29 pm »

I am a 49ers fan this week.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 01:53:45 pm »

Indeed...his draft picks are looking very impressive early.
Again, I don't recall anyone talking about his great draft when the 49ers were 0-9.

I'm not begrudging you the choice to be optimistic about your team.  But the idea that critics of John Lynch should be eating crow because the 49ers are 4-10 is absurd.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2017, 02:19:03 pm »

Again, I don't recall anyone talking about his great draft when the 49ers were 0-9.

I'm guessing you don't spend much time around 49ers fans, because we've been talking about our rookies all season. A whopping 8 of them are looking like big parts of the 49ers future.

Rd 1) DL Solomon Thomas has played through some minor injuries, but is putting up decent numbers as part of SF's D-line rotation.
Rd 1) LB Reuben Foster, once he got healthy, has been a beast. He's everywhere...and he doesn't miss tackles.
Rd 3) CB Akhello Witherspoon has flashed some excellent coverage ability and is now starting.   
Rd 3) QB CJ Beathard started 5 games as a mid round rookie and looks like he'll be fine as Jimmy G's backup.
Rd 4) RB Joe Williams has been injured all year...grade incomplete.
Rd 5) TE George Kittle has arguably been SF's #4 target this season, with 36 receptions for 373 yds.
Rd 5) WR Trent Taylor has settled in as our slot WR and return man, and has pretty much identical production as Kittle.
Rd 7) CB Adrian Colbert has actually been playing at safety, and has put up very good numbers, including a few big plays during the current win streak.

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2017, 03:29:20 pm »

At best you can say is the 2017 draft has the potential to be a good draft class assuming everyone can get/stay healthy.  It is not exactly as if the DROY is a two man race between Thomas and Foster.  It would be premature to call John Lynch a bust as GM, but I would hold off making plans to attend his induction in the HOF as a team exec.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2017, 03:54:13 pm »

At best you can say is the 2017 draft has the potential to be a good draft class assuming everyone can get/stay healthy.  It is not exactly as if the DROY is a two man race between Thomas and Foster.  It would be premature to call John Lynch a bust as GM, but I would hold off making plans to attend his induction in the HOF as a team exec.

If John Lynch ever comes to work for the Pats, then you can hold off on whatever your heart desires.

In the meantime, thanks for giving us a franchise QB for the cost of a Happy Meal. As a way of showing my appreciation, the next time the Pats get caught cheating (which, face it, happens pretty regularly), they get a free pass from me...not one word of condemnation.

~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2017, 04:16:33 pm »

If John Lynch ever comes to work for the Pats, then you can hold off on whatever your heart desires.

In the meantime, thanks for giving us a franchise QB for the cost of a Happy Meal. As a way of showing my appreciation, the next time the Pats get caught cheating (which, face it, happens pretty regularly), they get a free pass from me...not one word of condemnation.

It's cool, the rest of us will.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2017, 05:58:59 pm »

I'm guessing you don't spend much time around 49ers fans, because we've been talking about our rookies all season. A whopping 8 of them are looking like big parts of the 49ers future.
Actually, since I live in the Bay Area and listen to sports radio every day, I hear quite a lot from 49er fans.  And approximately 0% of the discussion from them has been about Lynch's amazing draft class.  Until a month ago, it was how terrible the team was in every facet of the game, and since Jimmy G started, it's all been about how he's the next Aaron Rodgers.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray