Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:21:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Pats trade JimmyG to 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Pats trade JimmyG to 49ers  (Read 17348 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 08:45:04 am »

Actually, since I live in the Bay Area and listen to sports radio every day, I hear quite a lot from 49er fans.  And approximately 0% of the discussion from them has been about Lynch's amazing draft class.  Until a month ago, it was how terrible the team was in every facet of the game...

So, you basically have been listening to the Oakland Raiders fans talking about the 49ers...got it.

Now, if you're quite finished attempting to urinate on my breakfast cereal, please kindly go fuck yourself.

Then repeat as necessary...  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 11:52:11 am »

In the meantime, thanks for giving us a franchise QB for the cost of a Happy Meal.

High 2nd round pick is a happy meal?

If NE let him go to FA they would have gotten a late 2019 3rd round pick instead of high 2018 2nd.

If they tagged and traded, there is little reason to think they would have done better than the 49rs 2nd.  Cassel was 11-5 and only got a 2nd.  (Technically 10-5, but I credit him for week 1) Plus between tag and trade they would have cap issues limiting their ability to sign other players.  Plus lose their tag leverage with other FAs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 02:36:43 pm »

High 2nd round pick is a happy meal?

Better hope SF loses their last two, or it will end up being a mid-2nd rounder. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 03:34:43 pm »

So, you basically have been listening to the Oakland Raiders fans talking about the 49ers...got it.
It's not Raider fans that are saying that the 49ers need to make room in the trophy case.

Optimism about Garoppolo is certainly justified.  I just don't want to hear about the amazing work of a GM that looked completely incompetent for 3/4ths of the season so far.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2017, 03:38:02 pm »

Optimism about Garoppolo is certainly justified.  I just don't want to hear about the amazing work of a GM that looked completely incompetent for 3/4ths of the season so far.

You think the GM has some modicum of control for how players play on Sunday?  I can't wait for your 45 minute filibuster to justify that one.

Check that...I can wait.  Roll Eyes

~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2017, 07:37:21 pm »

Well, if you aren't grading the GM on the performance of the players he selected for the team, what are you grading him on... ticket revenue?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2017, 07:43:00 pm »

It's not Raider fans that are saying that the 49ers need to make room in the trophy case.

Be shocked if was not in the top 1/4 eg. top 8.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2017, 08:59:39 am »

Be shocked if was not in the top 1/4 eg. top 8.

If we offered up a survey to everyone who has ever held the GM position for an NFL franchise and asked "Would you give up an early 2nd round pick for a franchise QB?" I wonder how many of them would say the price is too high.

Pretty sure it would be unanimous...  Wink

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2017, 11:00:28 am »

If we offered up a survey to everyone who has ever held the GM position for an NFL franchise and asked "Would you give up an early 2nd round pick for a franchise QB?" I wonder how many of them would say the price is too high.

Pretty sure it would be unanimous...  Wink

for 6 weeks?  He is a free agent at the end of the year.  You have the right to pay him as if he is the 5th best QB in the league. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2017, 11:06:22 am »

Wow, you all really like bashing the 49ers.  Congratualtions on a franchise QB Stroke.  New England would have been smart to hold on to him, but hey!  a 2nd round pick!  hahaha
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2017, 11:14:06 am »

for 6 weeks?  He is a free agent at the end of the year.  You have the right to pay him as if he is the 5th best QB in the league. 

Jimmy Garoppolo will be in SF longer than Brady will remain in NE...guaranteed.

Wow, you all really like bashing the 49ers.  Congratualtions on a franchise QB Stroke.  New England would have been smart to hold on to him, but hey!  a 2nd round pick!  hahaha

Exactly...I'm dancing in the fucking streets here. Grin

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2017, 07:41:47 pm »

Sf wins another

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2017, 04:55:24 pm »

Sf wins another
Not that it will matter in the end but with each win New England drops in the draft.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2017, 05:48:57 pm »

NE gets a lower draft pick and the price of Jimmy G's next contract increases.  If you're not a fan of the Patriots or the 49ers, not a bad development.

With any luck, SF will make Jimmy G one of the highest-paid players in the league, with lots of guaranteed money.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:52:02 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2017, 08:58:31 pm »

Win dropped us a couple of spots but guaranteed a bye.  I will take it

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray