Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:24:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Pats trade JimmyG to 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Pats trade JimmyG to 49ers  (Read 17054 times)
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 03:41:02 pm »

So a case of conflicting reports once again. Comes down to who ya believe I guess. One is FAKE NEWS the other is right
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 10:44:06 pm »

It's like driving a car for two or three years and getting more than you paid for it in a trade.  When has that ever happened to you?

Yeah...but this not quite as good as Moss buy for a 4th sell for a 3rd or Cassel buy for a 7th sell for a 2nd.  So by NE standards......😀😀😀

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 08:31:54 am »

I've read that not only did Cleveland not offer their 1st rounder they never wanted Jimmy G. 

>>"Browns coach Hue Jackson wanted Garoppolo more than any other quarterback aside from possibly Jared Goff (who wasn’t available to Cleveland because the Rams took him with the first overall pick last year), according to Mike Silver of NFL Media."

https://sports.yahoo.com/hue-jackson-puts-word-wanted-123510565.html

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 04:25:23 pm »

Problem with assessing the interest of any particular coaches interest in any particular player is any direct statement by anyone with actual knowledge is tampering.  As for what is reported it is not unusual for teams to send false signals to drive up or down the price.  Sufficient to say Cleveland didn't offer enough to convince BB to make a trade, SF did.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 03:21:50 pm »

Apparently Lynch inquired about trading for Brady.  BB said no.  Such a trade would make a lot less sense for the 49ers.  It is quite possible for the 49ers to build a supporting cas around JG before JG retires, it would be impossible with TB. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 06:40:37 pm »

"Report: Patriots listening to offers for Tom Brady"

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 11:31:16 am »

So, Jimmy G is now 1-0 as the 49ers starter. I'm just going to go ahead and order my Super Bowl tickets for next season now...beat the rush. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »

So, Jimmy G is now 1-0 as the 49ers starter. I'm just going to go ahead and order my Super Bowl tickets for next season now...beat the rush. Wink

I would love to see Brady vs Jimmy in the Super Bowl. There has already a super bowl in which the only two head coaches Bob Kraft has hired faced each other.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 06:19:40 pm »

That makes him 3-0 as a starter all-time if, I recall correctly.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 08:36:41 am »

Jimmy G is now 2-0 as the 49ers starter, so it's pretty obvious that San Francisco will never lose another game again...forever. 

I only stopped dancing in the streets long enough to post...

Wink

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:22 pm »

Alright, Jimmy G is now 3-0 as a starter, and I've adjusted my GOAT QB rankings to reflect the obvious awesomeness of Jimmy G's game.

Greatest QB of All Time List

#1) Garoppolo
#2) Joe Montana
#3) Tom Brady

Wink   Roll Eyes   Evil

~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 02:33:45 pm »

Consider the following:

If Goodell doesn't suspend Brady for Deflategate, Garoppolo is still sitting as an unknown on NE's bench.  That suspension put him on the field, and his performance priced him out of NE's range.  Then NE traded him for a 2nd, which is getting worse every week.

The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends towards justice.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 03:26:46 pm »

Alright, Jimmy G is now 3-0 as a starter, and I've adjusted my GOAT QB rankings to reflect the obvious awesomeness of Jimmy G's game.

#1) Garoppolo
#2) Joe Montana
#3) Tom Brady

Wink   Roll Eyes   Evil

I know who you were looking at when you said that, and it was pretty damn funny.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 03:41:01 pm »

#1) Garoppolo
#2) Joe Montana
#3) Tom Brady

Wink   Roll Eyes   Evil

You flip a coin before that one?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 03:49:30 pm »

John Lynch is looking more and more intelligent every week!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray