Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:31:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Moore vs Cutler, or The Time Captain Hindsight Came For a Visit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Moore vs Cutler, or The Time Captain Hindsight Came For a Visit  (Read 4777 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 12:18:13 am »

I don't want to hear any complaints about Tannehill for a good, long time.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2017, 09:35:26 am »

Just like Ajayi .... our offense goes the way our offensive line is producing. The more you see other QBs dying behind them the more amazing Ryan looks with all the punishment he has taken but he keeps getting up.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2017, 10:42:21 am »

So what should the team do about solving the problem? It's not like the o-line started blowing when Foerster came aboard. It's been bad for a decade or more and no amount of personnel changes, on or off the field, seems to have dl made much of a difference. During the game last night, Romo made a big deal about Moore not pointing out blocking responsibilities often enough.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 07:31:44 pm »

So what should the team do about solving the problem? It's not like the o-line started blowing when Foerster came aboard. It's been bad for a decade or more and no amount of personnel changes, on or off the field, seems to have dl made much of a difference. During the game last night, Romo made a big deal about Moore not pointing out blocking responsibilities often enough.

It's not just the QB who points out blocking responsibilities these days, usually the Center has a big part in it too. He had a great couple of years early on, but I am really wondering if Pouncey is as good as many people think?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 10:28:09 pm »

The problem is the offense is too simple which means that the defense is having an easy time figuring it out. The answer of course is to make it more complex, but the problem with that is the Dolphins offensive players can't even execute their assignments when the offense is simple, so they have no chance at executing a more complex offense. In a nutshell it's hopeless unless the players start figuring out their responsibilities and executing the plays. Only then can Gase make it more complex. That's the only way the offense gets better. The talent is there, the execution is not. The execution will only come around by continuing to work on it, but frustration is starting to take a toll. Honestly, I don't see it happening in time to make a playoff run like they did last year. I think they'll win 8 or 9 games, but fall short of the playoffs.

Also I'd like to add that I don't think Jay Ajayi is the answer at running back. He's a nice running back, but he's an incomplete running back. His pass blocking and pass catching skills are terrible and I don't see them getting better to the point that he's not a liability in the passing game. We need a more complete back. Damian William does well on passing plays, but he's a liability in the running game. I think it's time to start giving someone else more carries and see if they can develop into an all around back.

Long story short, we need to stop putting everything on the QB's shoulders and realize that without the other 10 players doing their part, the QB can't overcome it no matter who it is.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2017, 06:10:09 am »

Also I'd like to add that I don't think Jay Ajayi is the answer at running back. He's a nice running back, but he's an incomplete running back. His pass blocking and pass catching skills are terrible and I don't see them getting better to the point that he's not a liability in the passing game.

What? Ajayi is the best blocking back we have. Williams is beyond awful.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2017, 11:50:36 am »

That's the million dollar question and not sure why the Dolphins are so inept in addressing this issue.  I don't see many productive QBs running for their lives most of the time. Even when the Dolphins QBs aren't under pressure they look shell shocked from the beating they have already taken.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 11:57:42 am »

What? Ajayi is the best blocking back we have. Williams is beyond awful.
Is he?  I can point to one play where Williams didn't block who he was supposed to, and it was very obvious.  I've seen many where Ajayi missed his assignment.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 01:35:59 pm »

Is he?  I can point to one play where Williams didn't block who he was supposed to, and it was very obvious.  I've seen many where Ajayi missed his assignment.

Williams was widely lauded for his blocking a few years ago, but there have been comments this season that he isn't getting many snaps because he wasn't blocking well.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »

Williams was widely lauded for his blocking a few years ago, but there have been comments this season that he isn't getting many snaps because he wasn't blocking well.
Looks like it's all the RBs that can't block.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray