Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:28:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jay Ajayi traded to Eagles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Jay Ajayi traded to Eagles  (Read 7856 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: October 31, 2017, 09:31:30 am »

For a bag of chips.  Reported all over Twitter by Schefter, Rappaport, et al.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:17 am »

WOW...Gase said he'd be making decisions the fans wouldn't be happy with.  Would have been nice to get better than a 4th rounder for him though.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:37:03 am »

WOW...Gase said he'd be making decisions the fans wouldn't be happy with.  Would have been nice to get better than a 4th rounder for him though.

Agreed. Thought it might have carried a 2nd rounder, 3rd at worse

Well, it is what it is.  Apparently Gase did mean what he said when their best players were trying to hit home runs with every play.  You have to take that the organization knows its players do than their fans.  I'm still hung up on the O-Line, but maybe the team feels he's freelancing and not hitting the holes/following his blockers the way he should.

In any case, the next couple of guys up, Williams and Drake are gonna get their shot. 

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:43:19 am »

Consdiering Garropolo was worth a 2nd, can't understand how they only got a 4th for Ajayi.  This is why the Patriots will always be good and the Dolphins will always suck.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 09:52:55 am »

Consdiering Garropolo was worth a 2nd, can't understand how they only got a 4th for Ajayi.  This is why the Patriots will always be good and the Dolphins will always suck.
There is a lot of truth in that although this could benefit the team more than just a pick. If what Gase said is true and players aren't doing the work then this may motivate them. I don't think many people saw this coming.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 10:04:42 am »

We need to pump the breaks on this Jimmy Garapolo trade.  His playing time in 2014 was very limited, mostly mop up and then a season ending game vs BUF where he was 10-17 for 90yds

2015 was no very limited/no action

2016 he started the season vs ARI and was 24-33 and 264 yds 1TD and then lit up the Phins before getting injured  He finished that game 18-26 for 232 yds and 3 TDs

So, either he's the next coming of Steve Young OR Belichick just snookered some poor team for a 2nd rounder. Is he a good ball player, more than likely, yes.  Is this great QB that we are lead to believe.  My guess is no.  He played for what is prob Top-3 coach of all-time for an organization that exudes excellence.  We can agree upon this.

And for the record, that Dolphins Def last season, particularly the secondary in the beginning of the season was bad.  Improved against some crappier teams as the season went on, but for the most part top teams exploited them in the passing game.  1-2 games DOES NOT make a career

You decide (all NFL fans). I know where my decision lies
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:09:30 am by hordman » Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 10:10:15 am »

We need to pump the breaks on this Jimmy Garapolo trade.  His playing time in 2014 was very limited, mostly mop up and then a season ending game vs BUF where he was 10-17 for 90yds

2015 was no very limited/no action

2016 he started the season vs ARI and was 24-33 and 264 yds 1TD and then lit up the Phins before getting injured  He finished that game 18-26 for 232 yds and 3 TDs

So, either he's the next coming of Steve Young OR Belichick just snookered some poor team for a 2nd rounder

You decide (all NFL fans). I know where my decision lies
OF COURSE Garropolo isn't worth it but that's exactly the point.  The Patriots ALWAYS snooker every other team in every trade.  And the Dolphins are always the snookerees.  That's exactly my point.

I just feel that there's no way that Bellichick and company would have dumped their starting RB and 2nd or 3rd best player on the team for a 4th round pick.  It would be nice if we could keep home-grown talent around and build around them, instead of CREATING positions of need.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:11:48 am by Brian Fein » Logged
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 10:13:00 am »

OF COURSE Garropolo isn't worth it but that's exactly the point.  The Patriots ALWAYS snooker every other team in every trade.  And the Dolphins are always the snookerees.  That's exactly my point.

But the Pats being that good, and this good over such a long period of time, allows them to make these trades.  Dolphins can't do that cause of their previous track record and their success on the field.

Believe me, I hate the Pats as much as anyone but I do respect the way they handle their business on and off the field.  Dolphins must do better, no doubt, but kudos to NE for snookering SF into thinking they got Steve Young

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 10:17:09 am »

I thought this was a Halloween joke thread when I first saw it.  What kind of idiot would trade Ajayi...and then get only a 4th rounder?  This is so maddening.  I'm am beside myself with rage about this decision, as it's one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen.  Ajayi looks to be going to the Superbowl and Miami is now playing for a top 5 pick.  

Way to go on truly giving up on the season, Dolphins.  Goddamn, this team is so fucking stupid.  Looks like my Sunday schedule is freed up now, as there is no reason whatsoever to watch my team play anymore this year.  Wish I could get my money back for the Sunday Ticket.  
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 10:23:08 am »

But the Pats being that good, and this good over such a long period of time, allows them to make these trades.  Dolphins can't do that cause of their previous track record and their success on the field.

Agreed.  Then stay off the trade market and focus on getting better through the draft and free agency.

Looks like my Sunday schedule is freed up now, as there is no reason whatsoever to watch my team play anymore this year.  
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 10:24:18 am »

This is the worst trade the Dolphins have made in a looonggg time. Yeah, there have been a lot of bad trades, but at least Vontae Davis netted a second round pick.

I'm convinced Ajayi is a top running back in this league. Looking at yards per carry doesn't do him justice since he's hit in the backfield on most carries.

It may be that his effort level in practice hasn't been up to par, I don't know, or that he's not putting in the work to learn blocking schemes or whatever, but part of that is a coaching issue and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't have some monster seasons elsewhere. And a fourth rounder just doesn't make it worth it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 10:30:12 am »

It may be that his effort level in practice hasn't been up to par, I don't know, or that he's not putting in the work to learn blocking schemes or whatever, but part of that is a coaching issue and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't have some monster seasons elsewhere. And a fourth rounder just doesn't make it worth it.

Believe me or not, but i wish him the best.  From what you see in interviews/papers, he seems like a good dude, but like you said, we may not know what you get from him at practice, maybe not putting the extra work, etc. 

Plus, there's also the knee issues, and other teams may be aware of the issue as well and this combined all other things, might have only netted the Dolphins a 4th rounder.

Will be curious to see if he's an immediate impact for PHI.  If he has a monstrous season for the remaining games this yr and continues to be a top back for the Eagles in the next couple of years, then Dolphins were the losers here and the team will be slammed/questioned for it and rightfully so.

For now, we got to go with what Gase/coaches saw and see who steps up in his place.
/crossing my fingers
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:32:55 am by hordman » Logged

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 10:33:58 am »

I assume Landry is gone now too.  I'm sure they'll get even less for him.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 10:35:57 am »

I assume Landry is gone now too.  I'm sure they'll get even less for him.

Word is they are shopping Landry

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 10:36:22 am »

I like Kenyon Drake .. i'm ok with him starting .. he was pretty good at Alabama and he's pretty fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray