Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:37:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jay Ajayi traded to Eagles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Jay Ajayi traded to Eagles  (Read 7846 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 10:36:38 am »

I'm very surprised at this turn of events.  If I had to guess, I think that Gase is trying to get a team of his guys playing his way -- he's willing to sacrifice talent to get there.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 10:44:03 am »

Believe me or not, but i wish him the best.  From what you see in interviews/papers, he seems like a good, but like you said, we may not know what you get from him at practice, maybe not putting the extra work, etc. 

I'm not hoping he does poorly, either. I have nothing against the guy.

Plus, there's also the knee issues, and other teams may be aware of the issue as well and this combined all other things, might have only netted the Dolphins a 4th rounder.

He tore his ACL in college, 6-7 years ago. Since then he played 3 college seasons without issues. Sure, his draft status got dinged for it, but after playing the better part of 3 years in the NFL without issues (so close to 6 years without issues), I really doubt there is any significant risk left. His only games missed due to injury since then were due to broken ribs. That's an extremely low-risk injury when looking future injury risk.

Will be curious to see if he's an immediate impact for PHI.  If he has a monstrous season for the remaining games this yr and continues to be a top back for the Eagles in the next couple of years, then Dolphins were the losers here and the team will be slammed/questioned for it and rightfully so.

I fully expect him to get over a thousand yards rushing this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he sets a career high (> 1272 yards).

For now, we got to go with what Gase/coaches saw and see who steps up in his place.
/crossing my fingers

We don't have a back that can break tackles. Williams might get some yards sprinting around the edges, but we're pretty much screwed at running back at this point.

If we had a quarterback, we could have gone pass-happy, but we don't, so now it's looking like a suck-fest for the rest of the year unless the defense can pull out some wins.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 10:44:46 am »

I'm very surprised at this turn of events.  If I had to guess, I think that Gase is trying to get a team of his guys playing his way -- he's willing to sacrifice talent to get there.
Ajayi has a history of being in trouble with Gase. Gase seriously called out his star players this week. I don't think this was just a random decision.  

Edited to add ... Gase made some crazy choices last season that turned a turd into a decent team. I honestly trust him at this point.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:46:36 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 10:48:54 am »

Word is they are shopping Landry

Yes, by all means, ship off two of the top five players on the active roster. For nothing.

The problem with sucking like the Dolphins are right now is that receivers and running backs CANNOT put up decent numbers and this hurts their trade value. They may be first round talent (and I think they are both close to that), but it's almost impossible to get that valuation if the team as a whole is so terrible. And, on offense at least, the Dolphins ARE so terrible (regardless of the 4-3 record).
Heatles

Email
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 10:50:00 am »

I'm over the coach that comes in and tries get a team of his guys playing his way while willing to sacrifice talent. That team will always go 7-9, 8-8 etc.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 11:26:37 am »

Way to go on truly giving up on the season, Dolphins.  Goddamn, this team is so fucking stupid.  Looks like my Sunday schedule is freed up now, as there is no reason whatsoever to watch my team play anymore this year.  Wish I could get my money back for the Sunday Ticket.  

I gave up watching them after the Jets loss. Granted, I have side-work and other things going on, but I haven't been invested in them since then since they just plain suck.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 11:29:36 am »

Am I the only one on here who trusts Gase in this decision?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 11:32:34 am »

Naw, I got ya fam.  In Gase we trust, just wish we got a little more for him.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 11:38:32 am »

Naw, I got ya fam.  In Gase we trust, just wish we got a little more for him.

The compensation is my main issue. His contract is for PEANUTS (5th round rookie contract which includes all of next season). Sell high. Bench him if you need to. This feels like a sell low situation to me and it hurts. It also hurts because the running game is pretty much the only thing the Dolphins have on offense right now. Yes, it sucks, but keep coaching it and if Ajayi won't do what he's told, bench him.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 11:42:43 am »

I believe I just criticized Joe Philbin for this approach, and praised Adam Gase for not having the same mindset.

Oops.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 12:31:29 pm »

I trust him.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 01:00:21 pm »

I trust Gase, not so much in Tannenbaum,and the front office...Tannenbaum has final say on trades....

a tweet earlier...
@RapSheet: #Dolphins coach Adam Gase loves his defense — especially Ndamukong Suh. He’s not trading Jarvis Landry. … Instead, it’s Jay Ajayi that goes

Personally,I want to resign Landry (Disappointed we haven't),Especially since Parker hasn't shown anything yet,other than he can't stay healthy....

I think we were probably trying to get the LT D. Brown that got traded to Seattle last night, (reportedly we were trying to trade player,for player trades.

Ajayi,I'm torn on, more concerned about the RB's we have to replace him.(No time to cry about him being gone now....)

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 01:02:47 pm »

Yes, by all means, ship off two of the top five players on the active roster. For nothing.

The problem with sucking like the Dolphins are right now is that receivers and running backs CANNOT put up decent numbers and this hurts their trade value. They may be first round talent (and I think they are both close to that), but it's almost impossible to get that valuation if the team as a whole is so terrible. And, on offense at least, the Dolphins ARE so terrible (regardless of the 4-3 record).

Keep in mind that both these guys are due for hefty raises soon.  I think Landry is due after this season.  And the Dolphins have ZERO cap room.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 02:22:22 pm »

Keep in mind that both these guys are due for hefty raises soon.  I think Landry is due after this season.  And the Dolphins have ZERO cap room.

That is 100% false. Fins have a ton of cap room in 2018. Cutler is gone opens up $10 mill....if they cut Pouncey (most likely cause of his hip) $9 mill opened up. Maxwell being gone now opens up $9 mill next year.  Just 3 moves right there, should I keep going cause guys like Julius Thomas being gone opens up cap space.

Cap space is NOT an issue for the Fins in 2018. They have a ton of it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2017, 02:28:29 pm »

Good move, would be better if they got a 3rd rounder, but overall I'm okay with this.  This is what the Patriots do, trade away decent players and get something for them before they get to UFA status.  Granted the Pats would have squeezed another year out of Ajayi.  I liked what I saw from Williams and Drake last year, and since Ajayi wasn't producing this year I'm okay with the move.  Now they avoid the drama from Ajayi wanting to get locked into a new contract early in the off-season.  If they could have traded for a good guard it would have been even better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray