Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:34:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Analysis: Why would the Miami Dolphins trade Jay Ajayi?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Analysis: Why would the Miami Dolphins trade Jay Ajayi?  (Read 1744 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: October 31, 2017, 11:17:45 am »

This is the first thing I've read that actually discusses the reality of the situation. I think it gives a great perspective on Ajayi's situation. Ultimately I think Gase wants a team first attitude which is no different than Bellichick. I think this defines what he wants.

Embrace your role. Take your job seriously. Be happy for your teammates if they do well and the team wins, even if you don’t touch the ball as many times as you would like.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/10/31/analysis-why-would-the-miami-dolphins-trade-jay-ajayi/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 11:22:06 am »

Looking at a couple of tweets from reporters ...

-- Source tells me Ajayi extremely combative with Dolphins coaching staff in recent weeks. Verbal confrontations.

---Something to keep in mind about Ajayi trade: Dolphins don’t believe he has much left in his knees. Longer-term play. Something to watch for.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 11:28:48 am »

I really don't get the knee issue. It cannot be the ACL tear from college, he hasn't suffered a setback from that in 6 years and it isn't something that "wears out". Cartilage wears out. Has he had any other operations (like an arthroscopy?) that haven't been widely reported?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:31:05 am »

I really don't get the knee issue. It cannot be the ACL tear from college, he hasn't suffered a setback from that in 6 years and it isn't something that "wears out". Cartilage wears out. Has he had any other operations (like an arthroscopy?) that haven't been widely reported?
I believe he missed 7 games in 2015 for knee issues.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:34:22 am »

I believe he missed 7 games in 2015 for knee issues.

Nope, broken ribs.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 11:40:08 am »

not a Philbin guy

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 11:52:57 am »

Nope, broken ribs.
OK. I just remember him being out. He had knees issues another time but I can't remember when.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 12:49:25 pm »

He fell in the draft because it was reported to be a degenerative knee condition....Quick google search,I remembering it being a big deal when we drafted him...

DRAFT ANALYSIS:
Miami needed running back depth and they got a potential steal in the 5th round. Ajayi slipped due to serious knee concerns, but if he stays healthy he can be a 18-25 carry back in the NFL. The Dolphins got a potential replacement for Lamar Miller, who's in a contract year. --Mark Dulgerian

I just copied the top banner...it's where it states it...
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jay-ajayi?id=2552582
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:52:23 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray