Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:36:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Pet Peeves - November 2017
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pet Peeves - November 2017  (Read 3916 times)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 03:40:16 am »

Hijacking my story. When you have something awesome to tell someone and they turn it into their story about how that happened to them.

Hijacking my conversation. When I'm speaking to someone and another comes in and starts talking about other shit not related to what was being talked about.

Those who ignore advice/recommendations. I've done my part. Ignore it, and as we say in spanish, jodete.

Sports edition: Cheering for another city's team when your hometown has a team in said sport. If you come from a city void of any. Cool, you get a pass.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:41:50 am by Thundergod » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 01:47:01 pm »

I have two driving peeves, one is cars that pass you on the highway and then pull in front of you and slow down!  What the F?  Then you pass them because they are barely doing the speed limit, and they do it again.  Secondly, this has to do with common courtesy, when you are trying to enter traffic (whether pulling out of a parking lot or making a turn on to a street) and there is a backup of cars at a traffic light and someone races up to stop behind cars and not let you into the street.  Some are just not observant drivers, others are just a-holes.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 02:29:46 pm »

Secondly, this has to do with common courtesy, when you are trying to enter traffic (whether pulling out of a parking lot or making a turn on to a street) and there is a backup of cars at a traffic light and someone races up to stop behind cars and not let you into the street.  Some are just not observant drivers, others are just a-holes.

I did this yesterday on Federal Highway while commuting home, and the vehicle behind me actually hit his horn because I let the guy in. Apparently a 2 second delay in his commute was just too unbearable. I gave him a wave and a heartfelt thumbs-up.

...at least, I think it was my thumb that I raised. I'm not entirely sure. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 04:25:26 pm »

People who don't do what they say they are going to do. And in my opinion, that's most people. Next one ties into the first one, when people who change plans on you at like literally the last minute when you're about to walk out the door.

- Taking your shopping cart,leaving it in the middle of the aisle,while you go look at something on the shelf.
That is exactly what I do. However, in my defense, it's because of another pet peeve of mine. When you're going through the grocery store or Walmart and you try to go down an aisle and there two or three people who decide that they know each other and proceed to have a full blown conversation and block the aisle. So you sit there patiently waiting for them to notice you OR you say excuse me. Then they all look at you like your a fucking retard with a penis growing between your eyes.

Fuck all that shit, ain't no one got time for that. I park my cart off to the side and walk to the product and bring it back to the cart. The people of Walmart are usually the worst offenders of this type of behavior. I guess for some people going to the store is a social event. I want in and out as quickly as possible. Especially Walmart, I hate that fucking place...

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 12:11:38 pm »

a few  more quick ones...
(I notice these 2 related ones on my walk/runs,and it's getting SO much worse lately)
- 3 or 4 way stop (non busy time usually early mornings) a car will stop parallel direction I'm going,pulls half way to the middle of the 3 or 4 way after I've started across the street,turns turn signal on (if they use it all),then get's pissed because I'm crossing in front of their path...

(Sub pet peeve)- The second I get near the center of the road,punch the accelerator...

Errr had another one,but  it seems to slip my mind at the moment...senior moment it must not be that bad... Cheesy

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 03:36:12 pm »

Females who pin money to their shirt on their birthday and then proceed to make a spectacle of themselves all day. They usually expect you to give them money. And when you don't, they act like you're the one with the problem...

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 03:39:59 pm »

Females who pin money to their shirt on their birthday and then proceed to make a spectacle of themselves all day. They usually expect you to give them money. And when you don't, they act like you're the one with the problem...
Is that really a thing?  Not something I've seen very often, maybe back in early college...
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 03:46:54 pm »

Is that really a thing?  Not something I've seen very often, maybe back in early college...
Yes unfortunately, I've seen it probably 7-8 times this year. 3-4 of them at work. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 04:03:01 pm »

Yes unfortunately, I've seen it probably 7-8 times this year. 3-4 of them at work. Tacky, tacky, tacky.
To piggy back off of yours, we have a comity at work that runs a ton of different fundraisers throughout the year.  They seriously try to guilt you if you don't donate to whatever the flavor of the month cause is at the time.  I'm sorry if I don't want to donate to your cause, I have my own that I donate to so back off!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 04:23:43 pm »

To piggy back off of yours, we have a comity at work that runs a ton of different fundraisers throughout the year.  They seriously try to guilt you if you don't donate to whatever the flavor of the month cause is at the time.  I'm sorry if I don't want to donate to your cause, I have my own that I donate to so back off!
I got sick of all that stuff about 10 years ago. I don't donate to shit anymore. I stopped carrying cash. My money is my money and if I want to give it away, I'll find who to give it to on my own. You have a better chance winning the powerball than asking me to donate to anything. I know that sounds dickish, but that's what the world has become. Everyone wants your money. Even if you can't afford to give it, they all still want it.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 04:29:41 pm »

I got sick of all that stuff about 10 years ago. I don't donate to shit anymore. I stopped carrying cash. My money is my money and if I want to give it away, I'll find who to give it to on my own. You have a better chance winning the powerball than asking me to donate to anything. I know that sounds dickish, but that's what the world has become. Everyone wants your money. Even if you can't afford to give it, they all still want it.
Yep, couldn't agree more (or as you would say, could agree more, ha).  That goes for panhandlers too.  I gave to them when I was younger and more naive.  I don't mind being a dick to them these days.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:03:01 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »

Five things I hate:
1. People who complain
2. numbered lists
3. Irony
4. People who don't know how to count.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.