Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:36:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Raiders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Raiders  (Read 3170 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 05, 2017, 11:12:55 pm »

Kenyon Drake.

They had everything going for them perfectly, then he fumbled and it turned the game around.

Might have cost them the playoffs.

We will see what happens in the coming weeks.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:17:59 am »

I thought Drake played well.

The O-line was frustrating.  Lots of holding penalties.  Bushrod, maybe?

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:00 am »

Even though the defense didn't lose this game, a couple of guys on D had uncharacteristically bad nights.  Kiko and Jones both struggled last night.  Kiko was getting owned on coverage in that first half especially.  But like I said, the defense was not the reason the Fins lost last night.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:01:19 am »

Other than the fumble, Drake did play well.  Definitely on the O-Line for all the penalties, and Bushrod is the name that comes to mind.

SOTG Bushrod.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:12:01 am »

Even though the defense didn't lose this game, a couple of guys on D had uncharacteristically bad nights.  Kiko and Jones both struggled last night.  Kiko was getting owned on coverage in that first half especially.  But like I said, the defense was not the reason the Fins lost last night.

Absolutely on the first half with Kiko.  He was abused in coverage.  They eventually seemed to scheme out of that.  Kiko did cause that fumble on the lineman, though (after the Suh strip), so I thought that was big enough to make up for it.

And the Drake fumble was SUPER costly at the time, but he had a pretty good night running the ball after we'd been unable to run well for most of the year.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 12:05:49 pm »

-I'm glad someone mentioned Kiko,He's my shame...It wasn't just the 1st half in coverage,it was in the run, being too aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage.He'd follow someone else in a hole and not staying home in his Gap assignment (leading to too many cutback runs in the 2nd half).

Yeah he had the fumble caused after Suh caused the initial fumble....but 1 play doesn't make up for the multitude of plays he played crappy.

-The O-line they blocked well for a lot of the game,but in Crunch time,or when we needed it for the win...failed...with stupid penalties,etc...Then our shitty depth reared it's head in.So they played somewhat well for a lot of the game.

Miami Herald had an article this past weekend mentioning the Offensive line woes in free agency,and the draft..and it's continuing failure. I feel until we get a Front office,personnel in the front office that has a clue about O-lineman that says F-this,and does everything possible Priority 1 to get 5 good O-lineman,at least +2 quality depth..We will continue to languish.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 03:03:02 pm »

Keep in mind that MIA sent 2 OLinemen to the Pro Bowl in 2015 (Albert and Pouncey).

Obviously, the nature of Pro Bowl selection does not indicate that a player is elite.  But it does indicate that they are at least above average.  So how many Pro Bowlers does MIA need to have on the OL before management can be considered to have addressed the problem... 3?  4?

MIA's OL has played poorly even when the players on it are not terrible.  It's not just a personnel issue.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 03:19:56 pm »

Cutler.  Sure he played well in the first half, but when they needed him to lead a drive in the fourth quarter he failed.  I'm going with D4L and blaming the QB...wait a minute why didn't D4L make Cutler the SotG?Huh
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:21:36 pm »

^ That's kinda crazy.

Cutler only had issues when linemen went down and the replacements just couldn't get a block.  Cutler played very, very well.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article182867296.html

I just feel like the problem continues to be there is not 1 philosophy from top to bottom,From the Executive Vice President of Football Operations,to Gm,Scouts,to the head coach For along time. Saban maybe? I'm not sold on saying Parcells,because I think Jeff Ireland quickly went on to do what he wanted,more of checking in with Parcells (Just my thinking after the aftermath of Parcells leaving)

Bad drafting, bad free agent decisions because we're hodge podging guy's drafted brought in from one front office regime,to another. Pouncey is he good,but hasn't played 16 games since 2012 (drafted by Jeff Ireland),Alberts wasn't horrible when he could stay healthy,but he was old.

Injuries happen to every team,good teams are able to over come those injuries.

It's hard to have any consistency,when the team's "best 2 o'lineman" can't be there for the whole season,then bring in a couple of stop gaps every year to fill in,and draft a late rounder who might develop.

It's just me venting,I'm not trying to be arguementitive...The article sent me down the rabbit hole,then the game sort of proved the problem... Embarrassed

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:43:59 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 07:31:50 am »

Absolutely on the first half with Kiko.  He was abused in coverage.  They eventually seemed to scheme out of that.  Kiko did cause that fumble on the lineman, though (after the Suh strip), so I thought that was big enough to make up for it.

And the Drake fumble was SUPER costly at the time, but he had a pretty good night running the ball after we'd been unable to run well for most of the year.

We lost the game in the first half, more specifically the first scoring drives of the Raiders where Kiko was isolated on Cook three times for first downs on 3rd and 9 (or more). You can toss a coin as to whether to blame Kiko for getting burned, the defensive coordinator for not getting safety help in that scenario (at least after the second time it happened) or Jones for not getting there quickly enough.

That fumble by Drake was an absolute killer too - taking us from a possible scoring position after a gutsy onside kick recovery, to the Raiders getting a touchdown on the following drive. That's a 10 to 14 point swing right there. Other than that he had a pretty good night, but man that fumble is hard to ignore.

I know he seems to be a whipping boy around here, but I thought it was a bit rough singling out Bushrod tonight. The whole line had their share of penalties all night, and the ones committed specifically by James and Pouncey seemed to be at more crucial times that derailed our drives. That failed worm-burning snap by Pouncey was hillariously bad too, just as well Cutler fell on it quickly. Bushrod's later holding penalties happened after James went out injured at right tackle and Young was in: the pass rush was blowing right past Young and Bushrod's holding was the only thing keeping Cutler from being pancaked, under those circumstances I'll take the penalty.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:53:07 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 07:03:37 am »

^ I don't think Young was in for long enough to earn the SotG, but boy was he bad.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray