Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:34:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  R. Tackle J.James injury updates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: R. Tackle J.James injury updates  (Read 1376 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:21:22 pm »

@schadjoe: Ja’Wuan James may be a long-term injury; seeking second opinion. Not good.
http://www.twitter.com/schadjoe/status/928669187626631170

@AdamHBeasley: James' injury might be more than just a hamstring. Gase does not have all the information. This is ominous.
http://www.twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/928669681749319680

We signed an O-lineman off Cleveland's Practice squad yesterday...

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:51:42 pm »

^^^ Cleveland, great, just F@@@ing great!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:22:55 am »

I know this is not how it happened but in my head the conversation went like this.

--Who is the worst person out there for our offensive line?
---We could make a trade, pick up an unsigned free agent or promote from our practice team.
---Nah ... let's take someone from the worst team of the millennium's practice squad. Who could be worse than that?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:56:13 am »

^ If the alternative involves Sam Young seeing the field somehow, I'd rather give the snaps to a young player.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:58:41 am »

Given how inept the Browns are it is entirely possible the 6 most talented football players in their building are on the practice squad but they can't figure out that those guys are better than the starters.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:07 pm »

Given how inept the Browns are it is entirely possible the 6 most talented football players in their building are on the practice squad but they can't figure out that those guys are better than the starters.
Hahahaha ... I had thought that too but then I realized someone other than the Dolphins would have figured that out by now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 01:18:58 pm »

Hahahaha ... I had thought that too but then I realized someone other than the Dolphins would have figured that out by now.

Although what I wrote is over the top, Dolphins don't have a lot of options, odds are the guys on practice squads are better and in better condition than a player that was cut and hasn't been at a team practice since August.  There are less than 200 PS players across all the positions and mismanaged teams are more likely to have a diamond in the rough than one where the coach obsesses over the bottom of the roster.

Dolphins o-line is a mess and this signing won't fix that, but I reject the idea that signing a player off the practice squad of the pats or eagles is a better move than signing on off of browns or giants.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 01:29:35 pm »

Cheesy I needed a good laugh...Thank you guy's...Reports this morning, James **could** be done for the year...
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/11/10/6-9-miami-dolphins-tackle-zach-sterup-goes-1-on-1-vs-5-5-reporter-and-things-get-loopy/

Here is the guy we signed...6'9" out of Nebraska..

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 12:58:16 pm »

@ArmandoSalguero: Miami Dolphins RT Ja'Wuan James is being placed on injured reserve today, per NFL source.
http://www.twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/929390889306386434

So there's that...A crappy, inconsistent line,seems like it might get a little more inconsistent.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray