Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:37:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Lonzo Ball's brother arrested in China
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lonzo Ball's brother arrested in China  (Read 4814 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 09, 2017, 11:07:05 pm »

Him and two UCLA teammates got busted for giving themselves a five finger discount at a Louis Vutton store.  Now they may remain in China for months.  How stupid can you be??

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:24:22 am »

I get being immature and doing dumb things. I don't ever get doing that in foreign countries.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 05:38:46 pm »

This is the first time Lavar has managed to keep his big mouth shut, at least for the most part.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:56:28 pm »

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 08:57:49 am »

This is the first time Lavar has managed to keep his big mouth shut, at least for the most part.

This is the first evidence I've seen that Papa Ball has an ounce of common sense in his head... Hopefully this means that someone with some knowledge of international relations got to Lavar and told him "This is not a media opportunity, and those are not celebrities on the other side to play with. It's the fucking Chinese government, and any word you say about them that isn't 100% polite and respectful will be paid for, in full, by your son."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:07:37 pm »

Depending on the value of the sunglasses stolen it could be either a fine, or a couple years in jail.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 01:55:52 pm »

Depending on the value of the sunglasses stolen it could be either a fine, or a couple years in jail.

The value of the sunglasses is irrelevant.  The punishment will be whatever the Chinese govt feels gives them the best diplomatic leverage.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 11:41:07 am »

Looks like Trump got them released. Lucky dudes!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 01:42:00 pm »

I wonder what the author of the art of the deal gave the Chinese in exchange.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:02 pm »

The author of that book wasn't involved in this situation... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 03:27:46 pm »

The value of the sunglasses is irrelevant.  The punishment will be whatever the Chinese govt feels gives them the best diplomatic leverage.

Yes.  They could go with the high values on the sunglasses to bump it up to the more severe penalty if they want.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 06:14:33 pm »

I’m sure it’s a lot less than what Obama gave up for Bowe Bergdahl or what he gave Iran.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »

I’m sure it’s a lot less than what Obama gave up for Bowe Bergdahl or what he gave Iran.

I would hope that some idiots caught shoplifting in a repressive country would be way cheaper than captured soldiers in a war zone. And even then the soldiers would be more worth it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 10:24:55 pm »

This is the first evidence I've seen that Papa Ball has an ounce of common sense in his head... Hopefully this means that someone with some knowledge of international relations got to Lavar and told him "This is not a media opportunity, and those are not celebrities on the other side to play with. It's the fucking Chinese government, and any word you say about them that isn't 100% polite and respectful will be paid for, in full, by your son."

According to reports, that's exactly what happened. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:26:35 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 08:58:41 am »

According to reports, that's exactly what happened. 

Yeah, that wasn't really a difficult "between the lines" read. Grin

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray