Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:54:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game  (Read 2635 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 13, 2017, 11:31:35 pm »

Cutler.

Nice pick before the half to swing the game.

Also, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »

Xavien Howard. Beat tonight like a government mule.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:26:46 am »

The Defense.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:50:39 am »

Alonzo
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 08:10:06 am »

My shame of the game goes to the Miami Dolphins organization.  From the players to the coaches to the front office to the locker room towel boy. 
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 10:38:42 am »

Cutler hands down. No energy, no urgency.  Really miss Tanny at this point

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 11:07:22 am »

22/37...213 yds...2 TD/1 INT and he get's you're SOTG?  Not great stats, but far from terrible, and he wasn't the one that got 45 points dropped on him.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 02:34:47 pm »

Cutler, the interception before half-time just took the wind out of the sails of the defense.

Dishonorable Mentions also to Xavien Howard and Kiko Alonso, both played very poorly.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 05:59:44 am »

So many bad performances, it's hard just to pick a single guy.

Cutler was REALLY bad. Much, much worse than his stats indicate. He just couldn't hit completely open receivers and made a bunch of bad decisions. This is a game where any stats that don't actually look at the gameplay fall way short. And I like stats. But this was just a terrible performance from Cutler and not the average performance both traditional and advanced stats would have you believe.

That said, the play calling was pretty bad as well. I really liked it when we got the backs in motion and did a bit of misdirection. It worked most of the time and kept the Carolina D off balance. But then there were the receiver screens, my pet peeve this season, which didn't work. And haven't, for several seasons now, yet we keep calling them more than just about any team in the league, despite getting less out of them than just about any team. That's stupid. Straight handoffs from shotgun/pistol are something we've been struggling with as well. I don't know what the league performance is on those plays, but we clearly suck at them. Our backs don't get up to speed and the D has too much time to penetrate. We got whacked on both the 4th and short and on the drive when we were pinned back. Back to the drawing board on those.

And then there was the defense. Sigh. That was just awful. Xavian Howard had a bad game, no question. The linebackers, Alonso in particular, really struggled (again). The D line did okay, but were just too undisciplined.

In general, the D just played a very undisciplined game. Everyone was overpursuing, looking into the backfield, biting on pump fakes, not communicating, not sticking to their responsibilities.

With so many bad performances, I'm going to follow my general rule and give it to a coach. For sucking two weeks in a row, I'll give my SotG to Matt Burke.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 01:05:05 pm »

Kiko Alonso.  He kept getting isolated and couldn't make tackles or cover.  Perhaps this is scheming, too.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray