Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:22:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  4th and short is the perfect epitome of being a Miami fan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 4th and short is the perfect epitome of being a Miami fan  (Read 6085 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 06:19:39 am »

^^^ It's unfair to compare any personnel moves to what the Patriots do, as they are in a class of their own.  Quality veterans will flock to the Patriots for less money for the chance at the coveted Super Bowl ring, add that to their superb coaching and front office and there is not another team in the league that can compete.  A prime example is Bennett.  He leaves the Patriots for Green Bay, then Rogers is lost for the season, and all of a sudden Bennett needs surgery for his long injured shoulder.  GB waives him claiming he didn't divulge the injury, no team claims him off waivers because he says he's going to have surgery, then miraculously NE claims him and he's playing just days later.  You can't make this stuff up.

What are the odds Bennett JUST decided he really needed a new phone and destroyed the old one?
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 08:13:08 am »

It really has been hard to be a Dolphins fan over the last 15 or so years. I remember wearing bags on heads during the 2004 season with Wanny and it hasn't gotten much better since. 

The way this season is going & the last 7-8 yrs (though I will discount last season) I long for the teams of Wanny

I'd rather be lucky than good.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 01:08:32 pm »

FYO, I agree with alot of what you're saying,(I mean I agree it's the coaching/front office carousel conclusion), but you can't coach shitty players,and make then great.The O-lineman that the Dolphins drafted,that aren't currently on the Dolphins,aren't exactly employed as starters around the league (most are they even currently in Football?)

I think coaching is a significant part of it (A couple of different O-line coaches getting fired/resigning suddenly Turner/Forrester),but our players have been pretty shitty too. We've been pretty damn shitty drafting in General,not just o-lineman...

1st 2016 rd L. Tunsil,1st rd 2011 M.Pouncey,5th rd 2017 I.Asiata,1st rd 2014 J.James <--Question marks if we'll work out a long term deal or let him walk in 2018

My quick look see (I'm limited by time) John Jerry is Currently Starting for the Giants.

Jamil Douglas 4th rd 2015 (Falcons hasn't played in 2017)
Dallas Thomas 3rd rd 2013 (Eagles hasn't played in 2017)
Johnathan Martin 2nd rd 2012 (out of football)
John Jerry 3rd rd 2010 Currently Starting for Giants

Free agents,well aside from Richie Incognito...Most of those guy's were scruffs...

I'm so depressed after doing this....I'm sorry I even went here.... Cry Embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:13:52 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »

FYO, I agree with alot of what you're saying,(I mean I agree it's the coaching/front office carousel conclusion), but you can't coach shitty players,and make then great.The O-lineman that the Dolphins drafted,that aren't currently on the Dolphins,aren't exactly employed as starters around the league (most are they even currently in Football?)

I think coaching is a significant part of it (A couple of different O-line coaches getting fired/resigning suddenly Turner/Forrester),but our players have been pretty shitty too. We've been pretty damn shitty drafting in General,not just o-lineman...

1st 2016 rd L. Tunsil,1st rd 2011 M.Pouncey,5th rd 2017 I.Asiata,1st rd 2014 J.James <--Question marks if we'll work out a long term deal or let him walk in 2018

My quick look see (I'm limited by time) John Jerry is Currently Starting for the Giants.

Jamil Douglas 4th rd 2015 (Falcons hasn't played in 2017)
Dallas Thomas 3rd rd 2013 (Eagles hasn't played in 2017)
Johnathan Martin 2nd rd 2012 (out of football)
John Jerry 3rd rd 2010 Currently Starting for Giants

Free agents,well aside from Richie Incognito...Most of those guy's were scruffs...

I'm so depressed after doing this....I'm sorry I even went here.... Cry Embarrassed

Hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:38 pm »

I am not saying the Dolphins haven't tried to fix the oline.  I am just saying there isn't any point in putting resources into the QB position until it is fixed.

And coaching is an issue.  From my understanding that group needs to communicate and work together to a greater extent than any other positional group. 

As for the Bennet aside....I got no freaking idea what is going on there.  Either he is injured and can't play or he is not.  Putting on a different jersey is not medical treatment.  Green Bay should get the signing bonus money back, imho

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 06:25:54 pm »

You forgot Albert, he was seen as a quality get to shore up LT until Tunsil came along, cost us a packet too...

Not sure but you may lump Jake Long & Vernon Carey in there too as some of our high priced picks, long gone now but they did play with quite a few of the guys mentioned.

You're right, this is a depressing topic...
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 07:49:50 pm »

Jake Long and Vernon Carey anchored some pretty impressive OLs, actually.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »

Jake Long and Vernon Carey anchored some pretty impressive OLs, actually.

That's the irony of it all: the offensive line that was patched together between them in 2008 was great, then the OL coach was replaced and they started trying to "improve" it. Instead they got us on to the seemingly never ending merry-go-round of mediocrity and instability...
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2017, 12:08:38 pm »

LMAO CF,I picked a horrible time period to quit drinking...Sober 17yrs now,and the Dolphins have been pretty sad bunch....Hmmm Maybe If I got totally slobber knockered just once... Cheesy

I really loved Jake Long, but the nagging injuries worried,I'm glad we let him walk when we did.Vernon was good solid guy for us for many years,I thought not quite worth the contract at the end...

Brandon Albert,for me is closer to the scruff (Especially in hindsight) - 30 when he signed a big free agent deal with us (roughly 10mil a season),coming off 2 injury shortened seasons.Played 3 seasons,always injured (currently costing 3.4mil our cap in dead money).

(Currently 5-0 lineman no longer with us,are costing us some money on the cap. Alber,Urbik,YoungDouglas,Turner)
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray