Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:17:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Brands,stores,products,you'd recommend? your Finds November 2017
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brands,stores,products,you'd recommend? your Finds November 2017  (Read 2488 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: November 15, 2017, 10:55:54 am »

What are some of the your finds,products, or maybe a store,or restaurant,possibly even a service you've found,and would Recommend?

Oddly,I've found the Walmart Great Value Brand - uncured pulled pork expensive (about $6 for 1lb),but surprisingly good for 2-3 minutes in the microwave. 190 calories,190 sodium per 3oz serving.There isn't any BBQ sauce on it,but it has ok flavor.I used it as the filling for some homemade tamales I made last month.

I can't recommend the chicken...It had no flavor,and dry as hell.

(They have other things,Kabobs,pulled Beef (but I don't eat Beef),pork Tenderloin,Ribs,etc too)

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:29:33 pm »

Sketchers sneakers.  I bought a cheap pair ($30) at Sam's Club in the spring, and love them, they are very comfortable.  Now I'm trying to find some cheap sketchers golf shoes, but haven't come across a reasonably priced pair yet.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 04:37:36 pm »

I send every carnivore I meat...er...meet to Hotdog-opolis...best hot dogs in S. FL.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 04:52:00 pm »

I send every carnivore I meat...er...meet to Hotdog-opolis...best hot dogs in S. FL.

That would be Mel's Hot Dogs in Tampa.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 10:28:58 am »

...Hotdog-opolis...best hot dogs in S. FL.

Tampa is South Florida now? You guys migrating a bit?  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 10:40:16 am »

Let me rephrase...Mel's Hot Dogs would be the equivalent in Tampa to Hotdog-opolis in S.Florida.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 03:35:26 pm »

No hot dog in Florida can surpass Nathan's on Coney Island.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »

I've not had a product lately that I've been all about.  I'm racking my brain.  I think I'm just consuming less.

I will give a shout out to Bose, though.  Their customer service is always great.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 08:54:08 am »

+1 For Mel's.  I lived in St. Pete for about 2 years and probably twice a month I would make the drive over to Mel's. 

When I lived in Broward County (about 25 years) I would kill some Hot Dog Heaven on Sunrise Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale on a pretty regular basis.  I've been in Dallas for 11 years now and have not found anyplace that comes anything close to either of the places I mentioned. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:56:54 am »

No hot dog in Florida can surpass Nathan's on Coney Island.

Only if you're talking about that brand's sentimental attachment to New Yorkers. I've eaten a few dogs at Nathans on Coney Island, and they are pretty much just basic dogs, no better or worse than I've gotten from any number of street vendors. They've got a "famous" name, and a cool place to set up shop...but the dogs are pretty average.

~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 09:42:28 am »

I second Mel's for a hot dog.  And if you want a good craft beer, try the Cigar City Brewing Company just down the street from the RayJay.  Their Maduro Brown Ale and Jai Alai IPA are out of this world.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 01:22:55 pm »

[/quote

Where do you think USF is? ]
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 02:22:42 pm »

Only if you're talking about that brand's sentimental attachment to New Yorkers. I've eaten a few dogs at Nathans on Coney Island, and they are pretty much just basic dogs, no better or worse than I've gotten from any number of street vendors. They've got a "famous" name, and a cool place to set up shop...but the dogs are pretty average.
I've been disappointed by both hot dogs and pizza in New York. I've been there three times and always try wherever I'm told to go and I've yet to be wowed.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 02:22:10 pm »

I can't say I've ever had a NY Hot dog (shrugs shoulders) if I did apparently it wasn't very memorable.I'm Partial to Coney dogs,with cheese,and Chicago Dogs myself...I hate NY style Pizza...

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »

...I hate NY style Pizza...

That's just crazy talk!   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray