Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Bills bench Tyrod Taylor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bills bench Tyrod Taylor  (Read 2470 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: November 15, 2017, 04:45:57 pm »

Kind of an odd move, but the Bills benched Tyrod Taylor in favor of rookie Nathan Peterman who was drafted in the 5th round.  The Bills have been playing above expectations (I attended the Bills vs Bucs game and they played really well), so maybe they want to lose some games for a better draft pick.  Who knows, new head coach and new GM this year, plus I believe Taylor predates the current owners also.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »

The consensus I've seen is that this is a move the Bills had to make, and that Taylor is not a pro QB.  I found it pretty shocking considering their record.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:21:00 pm »

Taylor's not a franchise QB, but in his defense he's gone through some injuries and several HC's.  Hasn't had a lot of TD throws, but he only has a couple int's this year.  It just doesn't make sense to move away from him at this point in the season for a 5th round rookie when they are still in the playoff hunt.  I don't think he had a long future with the Bills regardless, but a weird time/way to make the move when he is liked in the locker room.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 03:31:07 pm »

Only logical explanation is Peterman is lighting it up in practices. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:35:24 pm »

It's because Taylor is black and has nothing to do with is history or the fact he only threw for 53 yards and an INT last week. In all honesty I'm guessing he went off script last week and is just getting a sit down lesson. Overall he has done ok.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:08:38 pm »

Only logical explanation is Peterman is lighting it up in practices. 

Peterman actually looked pretty good in the Bills only TD drive late in the game last week against the Saints, whereas they went nowhere or backwards all day with Taylor. It may have been junk time, but I guess that drive was enough to make their mind up.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 10:03:49 am »

Tyrod never put any real fear in me.  He's seemed so beatable in his tenure.  We're about to play the Bills twice, so I'd love to seem them sidled with a QB conundrum. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 10:58:42 am »

Well that didn't go too well!!  Shocked I'm guessing Taylor will be back?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:49 pm »

Found this interesting. https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/931234277332783104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23931234277332783104

Then Richard Sherman and Cris Carter both said some controversial comments as well yesterday
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 06:25:35 pm »

Well that didn't go too well!!  Shocked I'm guessing Taylor will be back?

Haha yeah, Peterman had probably the worse ever start since the six turnovers of Ray Lucas. So much for good form leading up to his good form at the end of the Saints game... some commentators are saying his NFL career is basically over, after just half a game.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 08:55:13 pm »

Haha yeah, Peterman had probably the worse ever start since the six turnovers of Ray Lucas. So much for good form leading up to his good form at the end of the Saints game... some commentators are saying his NFL career is basically over, after just half a game.

LOL, maybe Tanny, Cutler and Moore aren't so bad...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/richard-sherman-do-the-bills-cut-nathan-peterman-after-five-picks-in-one-half/

So how bad was Peterman's debut?

Nathan Peterman recorded a Total QBR of 0.5 yesterday, but didn't reach the requisite 20 action plays to qualify for the official single-game Total QBR leaderboard. But among quarterbacks with 15 or more action plays, Peterman had the fifth-worst Total QBR game since 2006.
    — Seth Walder (@SethWalder) November 20, 2017

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 02:06:16 pm »

Peterman did complete 11 of his 14 pass attempts.  Roll Eyes
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 09:55:08 am »

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/933344173083705345
Tyrod Taylor is starting again...

(New twitter client,I can't find the "copy tweet button yet... Embarrassed )

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray