Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:46:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins receiver DeVante Parker has lost his ‘edge’
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins receiver DeVante Parker has lost his ‘edge’  (Read 1158 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: November 16, 2017, 04:41:03 pm »

Unless this guy grows a set of nuts and plays lights out for the remainder of the year we need to move on from him. He isn't physically or mentally tough enough to be what we need him to be.

“I really think he’ll have a great, big year — a gigantic year for us,” Dolphins offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said in the offseason. “That would be huge.”

It has not happened.

So what happened? Well, Parker got hurt (again), missing three games because of an ankle injury. And he has not been the same since — physically, or apparently, mentally.

“He doesn't have the edge that he had coming out of training camp,” Christensen said Thursday. “But I do think that sometimes with those guys who are speed guys and outside guys you get a nagging thing and you just don't feel 100 percent.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article184999818.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:12:58 pm »

I just don't know what's going on to be honest. Along with Stills he is one of the few deep threats we have and he seems to have the best chemistry with Cutler, yet it's so rare that we go the deep ball to him in a game?

Is it injury again? Is it just the play calling? Is Cutler's arm nowhere near as strong as we thought?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:42:10 pm »

Parker and Stills are fine.  To start with there wasn't enough preseason/practice time for Cutler to get into sync with any of the receivers to start the season.  More importantly, it's hard to make the big downfield plays when the defense is on Cutler in 1.8 seconds.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 01:10:01 pm »

Heart has been in question for a while. I really wanted this kid but it hasn't worked out.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 02:24:05 pm »

I'm with Phish. It has nothing to do with chemistry etc and everything to do with him being mentally tough. I just don't think he'll ever be the guy we need him to be.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray