Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:31:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jones vs. Godell
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jones vs. Godell  (Read 1935 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: November 19, 2017, 11:23:13 am »

I don't know who to root for as I don't like either of them.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:16:44 am »

I don't know who to root for as I don't like either of them.

I'm pulling for Goodell...just because he looks less like Gollum.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:58:00 am »

Not a Jones guy but Goodell has too much power for a guy who really sucks at his job. Hoping Jerry gets him removed.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:22:39 am »

Not a Jones guy but Goodell has too much power for a guy who really sucks at his job. Hoping Jerry gets him removed.

I believe you did a much better job when you were the NFL commissioner.

Oh, wait... Wink

Personally, I would be glad to support Jerry Jones on this issue, as long as he agrees to never go within two blocks of a cosmetic surgery office. I mean, damn...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 11:36:17 am »

What's the dispute?  I can't really say that I understand Jones' position.  Isn't this something he voted in favor of?

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 12:38:12 pm »

What's the dispute?  I can't really say that I understand Jones' position.  Isn't this something he voted in favor of?

He's pissed Goodell suspended his star running back... Erm, I mean, he feels Goodell has mishandled the anthem protest issue. Or the Ray Rice domestic violence issues. Or... something. Despite spearheading the effort to get him extended right up until Ezekiel Elliott got suspended.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »

Jones wants a puppet and Goodell isn't his puppet. So he wants him out and his own puppet. Or at least to make Goodell squirm to run his day for payback on Elliott
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »

Agree
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 08:10:38 pm »

He's pissed Goodell suspended his star running back... Erm, I mean, he feels Goodell has mishandled the anthem protest issue. Or the Ray Rice domestic violence issues. Or... something. Despite spearheading the effort to get him extended right up until Ezekiel Elliott got suspended.
Actually I think it's just about money. I don't think Jones wants to pay Goodell 49 million or whatever the hell they decided to pay him when the NFL isn't doing that great in the TV ratings. With Jones it ALL comes back to money. So perhaps he's a little pissed that the Cowboys won't sell a few tickets with Elliot out, but really it's more about how MUCH they are paying Goodell. It was fine when the money was rolling in, but with the ratings down, the bottom line could be impacted and Jone's sure doesn't want Goodell to be getting a larger portion of a shrinking income.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray