Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:56:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami-Tampa Bay Recap
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami-Tampa Bay Recap  (Read 910 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:37:52 am »

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Tampa Bay gave up big play after big play. The Buccaneers wasted a 13-point lead. They were an inch or two shy of giving up a safety that probably would have changed everything in the final minutes.

It doesn't sound like a winning formula.

Against the blundering Miami Dolphins, it was good enough.

Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 275 yards and two touchdowns, Patrick Murray kicked a 35-yard field goal with 4 seconds remaining and the Buccaneers snapped a six-game road slide by topping the penalty-prone Dolphins 30-20 on Sunday.

The key word in the beginning of this article is "blundering" cause it was all that and more.  From the turnovers of the Dolphins in the first half, to Cutler going out with a concussion, to the dolphins committing 17 (!!!!) penalties and then to the final botched KO fumble/TB touchdown to end the game

So frustrating through out this game, especially to start the game with stopping TB on their 1st drive, getting the ball & easily driving down for a TD and then throw the pick in the EZ

Moore brought the team back to life in the 2nd half after Cutler had a concussion (cough, cough) I totally don't believe this and no sportswriter on the Miami beat can tell me different.

Defense played somewhat better in the 2nd half, but still got no pressure or sack on the Lil' General.  Very disappointing to say the least.  I thought TB helped out with some conservative calls and penalties in the 2nd half to allow MIA get some mo' with Moore at the helm.

Very disappointed in the no-call on the Safety in the 4th.  Clearly, the Lil' General was pushed into the EZ by his own lineman and MA sacked him for the safety.  I'm awaiting an apology from the NFL this week to the Dolphins for that agregious call.  Truly changed the outcome of this game.

If the safety called, 2 pt swing and the game is TB 20-15 with MIA getting the ball in some decent field position and probably, probably scoring a TD on that drive with the way the game was going.

And then for MIA to tie the game with 3 min left on the Moore bomb to Stills and then the Defense to let them march down the field for the winning FG was a kick in the gut.

All around, the game sums up the MIA season.  Such a shame for this team to endure all they have this season and basically playing 6 remaining meaningless games and prob not winning more than 2 of them to finish 6-10 and draft around the 10-14 spot.

Ah, the life of a Miami Dolphins fan.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:50:18 am »

We are currently picking 11th with a lot of crappy teams below us. I think we'll break into the top 10 but not sure we will make the top 5. Based on history it doesn't matter where we pick. We'll outsmart ourselves and select a punt returner and a 150 lb running back who was hurt his last two years in college.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:54:42 am »

We are currently picking 11th with a lot of crappy teams below us. I think we'll break into the top 10 but not sure we will make the top 5. Based on history it doesn't matter where we pick. We'll outsmart ourselves and select a punt returner and a 150 lb running back who was hurt his last two years in college.

That sounds about right

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray